How can I post values in excel chart without displaying the colum.

I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column
chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the
other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column.
0
Noa (8)

Hi,

You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill
formatting.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column
> chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the
> other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column.

0
andy9699 (3616)
1/10/2008 2:33:28 PM
Thanks Andy!
Is there a way to post the values on top of the highest column in the chart
(regardless of the hight of the hidden column)? I am using a column chart and
not a stacked chart.

Thanks,
Noa

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill
> formatting.
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column
> > chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the
> > other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column.

0
Noa (8)
1/10/2008 3:54:04 PM
So you have a cluster column chart with columns side by side. Do you want
the 3 data value displayed above the taller of each pair of columns?

Cheers
Andy
--

> Thanks Andy!
> Is there a way to post the values on top of the highest column in the
> chart
> (regardless of the hight of the hidden column)? I am using a column chart
> and
> not a stacked chart.
>
> Thanks,
> Noa
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill
>> formatting.
>> http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info
>> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a
>> >column
>> > chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of
>> > the
>> > other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column.

0
andy9699 (3616)
1/10/2008 4:04:17 PM
Yes, I need the 3rd value dispalayed above the taller of each pair of columns.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> So you have a cluster column chart with columns side by side. Do you want
> the 3 data value displayed above the taller of each pair of columns?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Andy!
> > Is there a way to post the values on top of the highest column in the
> > chart
> > (regardless of the hight of the hidden column)? I am using a column chart
> > and
> > not a stacked chart.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Noa
> >
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill
> >> formatting.
> >> http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Andy
> >> --
> >>
> >> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >> http://www.andypope.info
> >> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Noa (8)
1/18/2008 1:21:02 PM
Hi,

You need 2 dummy series with data based on Col1 and Col2 data. This will
have their data labels linked to 2 more columns of cells with text based on
column 3

Assume this is the data

A1: =<empty>    B1: =Col1    C1: =Col2    D1: =Col3    E1: =DumCol1    F1:
=DumCol2    G1: =DumCol1Lab    H1: =DumCol2Lab
A2: =a    B2: =1    C2: =2    D2: =10    E2: =IF(B2>C2,B2,NA())    F2:
=IF(B2<=C2,C2,NA())    G2: =IF(ISNA(E2),"",$D2)
A3: = b   B3: =2    C3: =3    D3: =20
A4: = c   B4: =3    C4: =2    D4: =30
A5: =d    B5: =4    C5: =3    D5:= 40

Cells E2:G5 can be filled by dragging formula down.
Cells H2:H5 can be filled by dragging G2:G5 right.

Now create a cluster column chart on A1:F5 plotting data in columns.
Delete Data3 series
Move DummyCol1 and DummyCol2 to secondary axis
Delete secondary axis
Link DummyCol1 data labels to the range G2:G5 position outside end
Link DummyCol2 data labels to the range H2:H5 position outside end

You may need to adjust the formula in the event of ties. Currently the
information is displayed on the right side is a draw.

This addin will allow you to easily link data labels to cells.

Cheers
Andy
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

--

> Yes, I need the 3rd value dispalayed above the taller of each pair of
> columns.
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> So you have a cluster column chart with columns side by side. Do you want
>> the 3 data value displayed above the taller of each pair of columns?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info
>> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Andy!
>> > Is there a way to post the values on top of the highest column in the
>> > chart
>> > (regardless of the hight of the hidden column)? I am using a column
>> > chart
>> > and
>> > not a stacked chart.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Noa

0
andy9699 (3616)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Newbie: counting repeated values ???????
Hello all, I know little about Excel that's why i am posting this message here. I have a sheet with several columns, one of those columns have always one of this 2 values: YES or NO My question is, is there a way to count how many YES or NO are in that column and display the number in other cell? I already tried =+COUNTIF(D10:D240,"Yes") but i get a msg saying my form have an error. Thanks in advance, Helder Portugal Helder Take the + sign out of your formula =COUNTIF(C3:C8,"Yes") >-----Original Message----- >Hello all, > >I know little about Excel...

Can't send/receive

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Can not Customize Leads View

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Controlling how user posts a blog
Is it possible to control how items are posted on to a blog? The blog owner would like the readers to be able to respond to his posts but he doesn't want readers to create a new thread. thanks in advance ...

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Excel 2007 Chart with Zero Values
I have chart data for sales that I add to each day. I hide the lines for the days to come(ie if it's the 5th, I hide lines for the 6th - 31st) so that the chart doesn't go all the way down to zero for the 6th thru the 31st. I'd like to be able to leave all lines unhid, but not have the chart line go down to zero. I've tried putting N/As in those days that I don't have data, but the chart is still going to down to zero - I don't know if I have a setting wrong or what, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Hi, Try either #N/A or th...

Excel formulas imported from tab-delimited files
I am trying to import some tab delimited entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Everything is working fine and dandy except that the formula fields which reference other worksheets in the spreadsheet are not getting automatically resolved unless I double click on them. For example, the "=Employee_Info!Y6" entry is not automatically getting resolved unless I double click on that value. Formulas that do not reference other worksheets are resolving correctly, without any intervention. Can someone kindly suggest how I can get past the problem? Thanks, Nimmi I'm not sure why excel ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Chart line is discontinuous
Hello, A similar problem to my last. I have entered data from reading sheets and not every date/time has a data point. I have noticed that if there is no date/time the chart does not draw the line between data points. Please help me out with this. You can set your chart options (Tools, Options, Chart tab) to treat empty cells as not plotted (leave gaps) zero or interpolated. -- Steve "Lady Excel" <LadyExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7136D3-3B22-49B9-AFC7-E6BB1FE47E32@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > A similar problem to my last. I have e...

How can I rename a database table?

spin button value
Hi Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this Thanks tina A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer. You can have another cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like =CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri","Sat") Here A1 is linked to the spinner. You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "tina" <tina@...

Can (or how can) I do this