How can i extrapolate and find/show values on a calibration curve

Im am writing the scientific report where I have a calibration curve. I want
to use that and find the concentration of an unknown sample. This is easily
done by hand, but how do i show it on exel and on the chart itself?
0
Heekla (1)

I will assume that the calibration curve is linear (y = mx + b)
In some cell (say D1) we can find the slope (m) with the formula
=SLOPE(y-values, x-values)
Something like =SLOPE(B2:B12, A2:A12)
Likewise in say D2 we can find intercept (b) with =INTERCEPT(y-values,
x-values)

Let D3 contain the measured y-value from which you need to compute its
x-value
Let these values be Y and X
So Y =mX + b or X = (Y-b)/m
Turning this into Excel: in cell D4 enter =(D3-D2)/D1

Now having done that, you need to be able to report also your confidence
intervals
See
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/RegressionAnalysisConfidence3.htm

By the way: I hope you are INTERPOLATING for the calibration curve not
EXTRAPOLATING
The former is generally valid, while the later is fraught with dangers

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Heekla" <Heekla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im am writing the scientific report where I have a calibration curve. I
> want
> to use that and find the concentration of an unknown sample. This is
> easily
> done by hand, but how do i show it on exel and on the chart itself?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Newbie: counting repeated values ???????
Hello all, I know little about Excel that's why i am posting this message here. I have a sheet with several columns, one of those columns have always one of this 2 values: YES or NO My question is, is there a way to count how many YES or NO are in that column and display the number in other cell? I already tried =+COUNTIF(D10:D240,"Yes") but i get a msg saying my form have an error. Thanks in advance, Helder Portugal Helder Take the + sign out of your formula =COUNTIF(C3:C8,"Yes") >-----Original Message----- >Hello all, > >I know little about Excel...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Bulk attachments

Can Not Reply To Emails

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

spin button value
Hi Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this Thanks tina A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer. You can have another cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like =CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri","Sat") Here A1 is linked to the spinner. You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "tina" <tina@...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...