How can I change the chart so date is up and down and data is acro

I have a chart that has the date across the bottom (category axis) and the
data up the side (value axis).  I want to change these.  Is this possible?
0
speet (1)

Hi,

It depends on what chart type you are using.
Have a look at Jon Peltier's example for a line chart.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
=?Utf-8?B?c3BlZXQ=?= Wrote:
> I have a chart that has the date across the bottom (category axis) an
> the
> data up the side (value axis).  I want to change these.  Is thi
> possible?
It is possible, change from rows to columns on step 2 of chart wizar

New Disk storage

MS Money 95 data files

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Sorting Data #5

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

can't customize toolbar

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Can anyone help ?

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...