Hiding plot Area

I have a formatted output sheet that has a Pie Chart
embedded. The data for the pie chart comes from a second
sheet using 2 ranges B2:B6 & D2:D6 B2:B6 is always
populated and contains labels. What I want to do is, when
D2:D6 contains 0 in each cell (or Null), suppress the Pie
chart but always show the Legend (which is driven by B2:B6)

Many Thanks

Adam

Adam -

All you see of the pie when all values are zero is a single line at the
first slice. The legend still appears. To hide the line, double click on
one of the wedges and on the Patterns tab, change the Border setting to
None. There are no outlines on the pie wedges, but it is the only native
Excel way to hide the line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Adam wrote:

> I have a formatted output sheet that has a Pie Chart
> embedded. The data for the pie chart comes from a second
> sheet using 2 ranges B2:B6 & D2:D6 B2:B6 is always
> populated and contains labels. What I want to do is, when
> D2:D6 contains 0 in each cell (or Null), suppress the Pie
> chart but always show the Legend (which is driven by B2:B6)
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Adam

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Hiding formuals in cells question

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

hide my name

Scatter chart not plotting correct range
Have setup a scatter Chart but the x-axis is plotting the element position rather than my x variable. The y variable is correct. eg. A2:A20 contains var1. B2:B20 contains var2. Var1 plots correctly on y-axis. Var2 does not plot at all, instead plots the element position i.e. 1-19. Var1 and Var2 are assigned as 1 series with correet Y and X ranges respectively. Am i making sense? Anyone know what the problem is here? Bruce If even one cell in the X values range is non-numeric (except for #N/A), Excel will treat all of the X values as a list of categories. Make sure the numbers are r...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hiding plot Area

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Spreading apart lines on a scatter plot
Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so that it's easier to compare and interpret them. Is there an easy was to do this Hi Billy why not create a helper column in your sorce data, adding a constant value to the original value and use this helper column as source for your chart? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Billy Wilton wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data > point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so > that it's easier to compare and inter...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Can I Hide a Field?
I'm wanting to hide a field on a form (products form in this case) for some users but not for other users. Is this possible? For example, can I hide the product cost (wholesale) of an item for the salesperson, but not for the CEO? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, You cannot have different formlayouts for different users/Teams at this time... Regards, Michael Randrup "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e4pDiMrYDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm ...

How do I make multiple line width changes for a spagetti plot?
How do I make multiple line width changes for a spagetti plots? I can go into each line and change the weight individually, by right clicking "Format Data Series" and under Pattern, select a thicker weight for the line. Is there a way do this without selecting each of my 30 lines one at a time? Hi, There is not way of making the change to all the series at once. You can make the change and then select the next series and use the F4 button to repeat formatting changes. Another alternative is to use VBA code to make the changes Select the chart. Go to the immediate window in...

Hide Unhide Hide again
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. It seems in the older versions, when I hid a column or row, it would put a little "+" tab above the labels. You could easily "click" or "unclick" ("hide" or unhide") the columns or rows. I need to be able to hid these rows or columns, but unhide them for use and then hid them again for ease of use and printing. Thank you. Hiding rows/columns and Grouping/Outline are quite different features. The little + sign occurs when you group (outline) it's not actually hiding rows Its under the DATA > GROUP AND O...

Hide Text box
If I have a text box on my report called [tbTax] and if the text box is showing 0 or Null , what code do I need to make it not visible? Thanks for any help....Bob Bob If you have only the textbox (and not an accompanying label), having Null in the underlying field would mean there was nothing there to show on the report. One approach to changing the visibility of the control would be to add something into the OnFormat event of the report, perhaps: tbText.Visible = Nz([tbText],0)<>0 Or you could use that Nz() function in a query underlying your report and do your conver...

How do hide tracking changes from various users in Word 2007
I would like to hide the tracking changes in Word 2007 as a document is passed from user to user. Presently, every time a user opens the file that I have sent them, the file opens showing all the tracking changes. I would like it to Open and not show the tracking changes and just have the user do their changes. the users are getting confused by all the markups. I have tried the procedures mentioned which are: 1) Trust Center - Privacy Options 2) remove check for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" Is the procedure that I listed supposed to work? What wil...

hiding GAL
On an Exchange 2003/Win 2003 Server setup I need to hide the GAL from a group of users (or better yet, hide it from everyone and rely only on filtered address lists). The problem is that (i) I cannot figure out how to hide the GAL from a group and (ii) OWA needs to display filtered address lists than instead of the GAL. Any ideas? In addition to hiding the GAL you should also hide the Offline Address Book. GAL ESM->Right Click GAL->Properties->Security Tab->clear "Allow inheritable permissions"->Choose to copy exisiting permissions->Remove Everyone and Auth...

Printing non-adjacent areas on seperate sheets in one print job
I've got a business modelling workbook that contains abt 25 worksheets each with a large number (>40) of "tables" on any single worksheet What I've doen so far is automate (via VBA) the printing of "reports where non-adjacent named ranges are created and then selected an printed. This gives me a single print job for each worksheet, with eac table on it's own page. However, the named ranges are giving me grief because of it 25 character limitation for the RefersTo property. I've done some playin with the Union function to group named ranges together temporaily...

how can I make real polar plots in excel?
The radar charts in excel are not true polar coordinate graphs. SuperCalc had a graphing routine that produced charts using polar coordinates, how can I do this in Excel? see www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "druencon" <druencon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87FD753-E374-401B-BE44-E2201C09BD26@microsoft.com... > The radar charts in excel are not true polar coordinate graphs. SuperCalc > had a graphing routine that produced charts using polar coordinates, ho...

static hide
Hello, I have complicated frame with a lot of own derivide CWnds, CStatics and CButtons. The controls have the some special styles like CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_EX_TRANSPARENT. Now I want to update a CStatic text. In MyStatic::OnPaint() I draw the text with textmode TRANSPARENT. Problem: I update the the text of an MyStatic. But the control shows the old text and the new text. Then I make a test, to hide the control. But after 'ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)' the text of the control is still visible. Only, if I repaint the whole frame (resize the frame) then the control is hide. >...