Hidden data - hidden chart

Why does my chart disappear when I hide the data on the sheet?

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25096

Hi,

If the actual chartobject disappears uncheck the move and size with
cells property of the chartobject.
If you data just disappears then with the chart selected use the menus
Tools > Options > Chart > Plot Visible cells only.

Cheers
Andy

Brisbane Rob wrote:
> Why does my chart disappear when I hide the data on the sheet?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--
Brisbane Ro
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52867

Filtering Excel Data
Hi, I have just downloaded an excel file, which contains lottery number and the date they were drawn. I want to try and search the excel spreadsheet to see if my lotter numbers have ever come up before, but am unsure on how to go abou doing this. The data is in the form: Column A: Draw Date Column B: Ball 1 Column C: Ball 2 Column D: Ball 3 Column E: Ball 4 Column F: Ball 5 Column G: Ball 5 Column H: Bonus Ball Column I: Ball Set Column J: Machine It is only the draw date, main ball numbers and the bonus ball that i important. Can anyone help? TIA, Mik -- Message posted from http:/...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Garbage date data now my headache
Okay folks I have a painful .csv file that I recieve daily that is now my problem. Granted I am only as good as my data so let me show you an example of the data: Column A Column B Date Code Date Code Answer X71229 12/29/2007 X71203330382 12/03/2007 X71023 G3 10/23/2007 X71003DWOODS 10/03/2007 X70913 D5 09/13/2007 X70913 09/13/2007 20071215 12/15/2007 20071005 10/05/2007 81007 ...

Question About ACT! and Data Migration Framework
I have downloaded the Data Migration Framework and see that there is an Excel worksheet describing the tables in ACT! and the corresponding tables in CRM 3.0. I am wondering if there is a way to import data directly from the act database (xxxx.dbf) to SQL Server 2005 or do I have to export what I can from ACT! into text files (.csv) and then try to use the import/export wizard in SQL SERVER 2005 to match up the fields?? If anyone ahas any experience with this, please feel free to comment. My end goal is to get our ACT! data into SQL SERVER 2005 without a 3rd party module. Thanks to al...

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

Updating data using a macro
A worksheet contains a large amount of data, part numbers, descriptions, price, etc. I am trying to build a separate worksheet to look up, display and update the information for a given part number. Looking up and displaying the information for a given part number hasn't been a problem (VLOOKUP). However, modifying the information and then saving the changes in the original list has been problematic. I can't find a way to copy and paste the data in the correct row in the original list. GOTO would work if I could use the contents of a cell as the reference, but I can't figure o...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

charting on/off status
I need to chart the on or off status of a device. I would like for the chart to show a "1" on the y-axis when the device is on and a "0" on the y-axis when the device is off. The x-axis would show the time. If the device comes on at 9:00 am my data recorder records a record with a value of "1" at 9:00. Data recorder's next record is a "0" at 9:23 when the device changes to the off state. Can someone help me to chart this type of information? In the end, I have 4 data recorders that I want to plot on the same chart to determine when the...

New Domain
Hello Everybody! I'm not really a very experienced Windows-Admin - the same is about Exchange Server. The facts: - We have a domain with some windows 2000 servers, about 400 Users - We have also an Exchane 2000 Server with about 400 Mailboxes Now we began to migrate to windows 2003. Because there were problems earlier (I think when we installed Exchange 2000 first time) we have to do some "hacks" in the AD with a tool to manually edit the LDAP-Directory ... Thats why we want to install the servers new - we will not upgrade with the setup-programs to 2003. I think there...

data access pages SLOW to load
I have some Data Access pages made in Access 2000 located on a shared drive. How is it possible to speed up the databinding? Is it in any way possible to keep the connection to the database open when moving from page to page, or when reloading a page? -- justme0010 ...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Copying Excel charts to PowerPoint
I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a bitmap to be readable. In article <CF42E141-10AE-4123-9C53-AB8CCEDAB431@microsoft.com>, Cheezeman wrote: > I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly > when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a > bitmap to be readable. Please mention the version of PowerPoint and Excel you're using, describe as clearly as you can the problem you're seeing...

backing up data to cd writer
I use to be able to back up my quickbooks data to my cd directly now with XP Pro a cdwriting software intercepts the data nad than saysa you have file waiting to be written and so on How can I get rid of that bullshit and just back up to my cd direct any body know Please help respectfully beav ...

Un-flattening XML-data

Centering data over a grop of cells
I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over them. How do I do that charles j format>cells>alignment and center across selection -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "charles" <instrulab@instrulab.com> wrote in message news:b%evk.29$Z64.28@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com... >I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over >them. How do I do that > charles j > Use "Center across selection", it's on the Alignment tab of Format Cells under Horizontal. charles wrote: > I have 6 columns and want t...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Display Multiple Data Fields based on drop down selection
I have a subform that I want to use to track some resource-specific information relative to a project. I have a TeamMember table that have foreign-key fields that link to the Resource table (containing much of the needed data) and the Project Table. I've seen this done with a Classroom Database I downloaded from the Microsoft Templates site but cannot get it to work for mmy database - ugh. Basically I want the user to be able to select the Resource Name from the Subform drop down field and have the DeskPhone, MobilePhone, SkypeName, Location, and Company fields automatically popula...

Position a chart according to the position of the userform
Dear all, In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a userform. How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will be aligned with the position of the userform. Thank you Gaetan On Mar 3, 4:15=A0pm, Gaetan <gmourm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a > userform. > > How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will > be aligned with the position of the userform. > > Thank you > > Gaetan I found how to...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Adjust scale of chart to match real world
Hi- I'm plottig a series of x,y points for designing model rocket nose cones in Excel. I've got everything set up correctly but have two problems- 1. What settings would I use on the x and y axis so that my chart properly displays the correct proportion of my nose cone? I'm assuming that the x and y axis should both start and end with the same values- is that correct? 2. And, after I get the proportion correct, is there a way to print out the chart to match real world dimensions? For example, I'm plotting my dimensions in inches. Can I somehow print out the chart so that...

watermarking charts
is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, but i would prefer a better way, if there is one. You can prepare a picture in a graphics program, then add it to the plot area: Right-click the plot area Choose Format Plot Area Click the Fill Effects button On the Picture tab, click Select Picture Locate and select your picture file Click Insert Click OK, click OK jiwolf wrote: > is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to > "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, ...

Generate a graphical formula from a column of data
If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula which roughly matches the plot of the data set? I know I can generate a trend line on a chart but is there a way of finding out the formula for this trendline, so that I could reproduce it without the origiinal data perhaps? Hope I'm making myself clear. Many thanks in advance. Insure that the Analysis ToolPak has been loaded. If your data is linear, then use LINEST() to derive the formula -- Gary's Student "rmellison" wrote: > If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula wh...

Counting and Organizing Data
Hi, I am in need of some excel kung fu here, just a few slick formulas to accomplish a data organizing task. I have described the task in detail here: http://www.flypicture.com?display=updone&id=rtv2kK7c THANKS! -- RalphSE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RalphSE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504188 Hi Ralph, just give me a few minutes to download and examine your file ... Pete Ok, fairly straightforward this one - ...

stop entry of data that causes a negative value from a formula
Excel 2002. I tried to use "Validation" on the "Data" menu but that only works on entered data. I have a formula in a cell and if the answer becomes a negative number I want it to stop the user and "force" them to fix it. I used an IF condition but that only displays a message. Maybe you could fix the formula yourself: =max(0,yourformula) if the cell had to be non-negative. Or you could put the message in that same cell... =if(yourformula<0,"Please fix cells x, y, z",yourformula) That might be enough to make it so that they can't advanc...

Delete Chart
How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ agac8103 wrote: > How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? It's not protected. "Jon Peltier" wrote: > If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical S...