help with a scatter graph of conditioned values

I'm a big newbie in matter of charting and vba...I hope somenone can help
me....here is my problem

I need to plot a XY scatter graph.
X and Y data values are mutually dependents one each other and they change
under an extra condition that I want to represent qith a macro control.

Hmmmm...let's try to give you an example:
first of all  I need to define EXTRA CONDITIONS as follows

name   S
A       1
B       1,15
C       1,20
D       1,25
E       1,35
.....                    .....
My goal is to have a control in cell C1 that traduces "if  'name'=A then
'S'=1, if 'name'=B then 'S'=1,15" and so on for cells A3...An

After doing that, I need to plot my XY function(s) as follows:
X            Y
0            ..

X is a column made by intervals of limited values
if 'name'=A then X=(0,1,2,3,4,5,6); (7,8,9,10)
if 'name'=B then X=(0,1,2,3,4); (5,6,7,8,9,10)

Y is a function of X values:
in the case of 'name'=A
for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)

in the case of 'name'=B
for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)

Please help me with a macro...every suggestion will be very precious...I'm
struggling with excel...:-(

0
uriel78 (32)

I have 2 questions/clarifications:

When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?
X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each time
(with S based on name?)

"uriel78" <uriel78@interfree.it> wrote in message
> I'm a big newbie in matter of charting and vba...I hope somenone can help
> me....here is my problem
>
> I need to plot a XY scatter graph.
> X and Y data values are mutually dependents one each other and they change
> under an extra condition that I want to represent qith a macro control.
>
> Hmmmm...let's try to give you an example:
> first of all  I need to define EXTRA CONDITIONS as follows
>
> name   S
> A       1
> B       1,15
> C       1,20
> D       1,25
> E       1,35
> ....                    .....
> My goal is to have a control in cell C1 that traduces "if  'name'=A then
> 'S'=1, if 'name'=B then 'S'=1,15" and so on for cells A3...An
>
> After doing that, I need to plot my XY function(s) as follows:
> X            Y
> 0            ..
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
>
> X is a column made by intervals of limited values
> if 'name'=A then X=(0,1,2,3,4,5,6); (7,8,9,10)
> if 'name'=B then X=(0,1,2,3,4); (5,6,7,8,9,10)
>

> Y is a function of X values:
> in the case of 'name'=A
> for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
> for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)
>
> in the case of 'name'=B
> for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
> for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)
>

> Please help me with a macro...every suggestion will be very precious...I'm
> struggling with excel...:-(

0
breinhardt (272)
2/1/2005 7:27:13 PM
Thank you for your answer,

"Barb Reinhardt" <breinhardt@replytonewsgroup.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I have 2 questions/clarifications:

> When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?

No, only one value for each S
A-->1
B-->1,15
C-->1,25
and so on

> X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each time
> (with S based on name?)

No, Y depends on X intervals. i.e., if X is subdivided into three intervals
(0,1,2,3); (4,5,6,7); (8,9,10) -> I need three Y functions (one for each
interval)

0
uriel78 (32)
2/1/2005 7:50:10 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm confused.   I can't multiply 1,15 by anything.   Is the ,
meant to be a decimal?

> Thank you for your answer,
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" <breinhardt@replytonewsgroup.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio
> > I have 2 questions/clarifications:
>

> > When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?
>
> No, only one value for each S
> A-->1
> B-->1,15
> C-->1,25
> and so on
>
> > X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each
time
> > (with S based on name?)
>
> No, Y depends on X intervals. i.e., if X is subdivided into three
intervals
> (0,1,2,3); (4,5,6,7); (8,9,10) -> I need three Y functions (one for each
> interval)

0
breinhardt (272)
2/1/2005 8:29:59 PM
Hi Barbara,

Many regions (all of Europe?) interchange the command and the period
relative to the U.S. use in a number.  And, in a few settings (specific
sciences, engineering applications?) the U.S. comma in a number is
replaced by a space.

1,000.001
1.000,001
1 000.001

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <eXK3NzJCFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
breinhardt@replytonewsgroup.com says...
> I'm sorry, but I'm confused.   I can't multiply 1,15 by anything.   Is the ,
> meant to be a decimal?
>
> "uriel78" <uriel78@interfree.it> wrote in message
> >
> > Thank you for your answer,
> >
> > "Barb Reinhardt" <breinhardt@replytonewsgroup.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio
> > > I have 2 questions/clarifications:
> >

> > > When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?
> >
> > No, only one value for each S
> > A-->1
> > B-->1,15
> > C-->1,25
> > and so on
> >
> > > X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each
> time
> > > (with S based on name?)
> >
> > No, Y depends on X intervals. i.e., if X is subdivided into three
> intervals
> > (0,1,2,3); (4,5,6,7); (8,9,10) -> I need three Y functions (one for each
> > interval)

Yes, I'm an italian user and for my country settings 1,15=1.15

0
uriel78 (32)

sumifs help

Help !

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Find the value of your house
To find the value of your house. Index the website and search engine to find the value of your house. You don't need to contact the realtor and appraiser . To know the value of your house just a click! http://www.geocities.com/freefreehouse/ ...

change check box value based on combo box value
I have a form (Form1) with a combo box (Combo43) with three values: Reference 1 Antenatal 1 Quant 1 I also have two check boxes (check36 and check34) What is the best way to implement such that when Reference 1 is selected in the combo box, check34 changes from false to true, and when Antenenal 1 or quant 1 is selected, check 36 changes to true? I've tried something along the lines of, but no luck: Private Sub Combo43_AfterUpdate() If Me.Combo43 = "Reference 1" Then Me.Check32 = True Else Me.Check32 = False End If End Sub I'm a beginner at this, so any help would be ...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

help me #2

Picklist values #2
Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the account entity when the lead is converted to an account? I don't want to have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is converted. You can get only value through mapping and mapping betweent two field require some validation like both field should have same datatype so if you want to get this value you have to create same picklist in account and then you can set mapping for the same "Wendy" wrote: > Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead ent...

How do give each datapoint a separate name/label in a scatter char
I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis respectively) for 64 cities. How do I put the city name next to that data point. For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs per year. 1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would like to label the data point "Atlanta". This allows me to compare Atlanta's growth with the other 63 cities. Please let me know if this is possible. Check out Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). -- Reg...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...