Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...

I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i
the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca
someone please guide me on how this may be done...

I was thinking:
i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of,
ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart
with all the frills from data exported from excel,
iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t
already created excel charts,
iv. something else.

My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of
report i am writting.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

--
nick kn
nick kno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2867

Hi,

These things can be done using extra data series.

Arrows can be down using a custom marker, see this example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html

Comments, depending on the amount of text, can be down using data labels
linked to cells. Otherwise use textboxes although they will not move
with your data. See example of linking chart text holder to cell.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Shade between lines can be done by using an area chart and some formula
to calculate the values, see this example.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

When it comes to exporting to Word you can copy them as pictures. See
the paste picture example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

Cheers
Andy

nick kno wrote:
> I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill in
> the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Can
> someone please guide me on how this may be done...
>
> I was thinking:
> i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of,
> ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the charts
> with all the frills from data exported from excel,
> iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff to
> already created excel charts,
> iv. something else.
>
> My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of a
> report i am writting.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

sumifs help

Help !

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar
Dear All How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms, tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise Access 2003, regarding opening windows. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi Paul, I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007. You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object workspace by doing this: - Click the Office button - Click Access Options (bottom left corner) - Click Current Database category - Under the Application Options section for the r...

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Restart existing page numbers in each section
I have a document that I have broken into 8 sections. It's a quick reference guide. Each section describes a difference procedure. I already have the headers and footers set up the way I want them, but I would like to restart the page numbers at 1 in each section. The online help suggests using Insert | Page numbers, but that repalces my existing footers. How can I leave my footers as they but only restart the numbering? Can I automatically cause page numbering to restart at 1 in all sections, including ones I might add later? Insert | Page Numbers is one way to g...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

New Add-On for Microsoft CRM 1.2
We are proud to announce a new Add-On for Microsoft CRM 1.2. Related Documents for MS CRM 1.2 Now you are able to store any documents(files) in MSCRM The Related Document Add-On for CRM allows you to add any type of files to Leads,Contacts,Accounts,.. a.. You can categorize the documents(files) you add to an CRM-Object. b.. No size-limitation for your files. c.. Store your own private Documents to CRM-Objects. Go to www.mscrm-addons.com and download the Add-On! support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Rel...

how do i set up a excel program for seniors membership/dues, etc
I need to download a program that will be easy to use. i sign in as confused senior One start is to browse the free templates at MS': http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "completely confused" <completelyconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B304EB05-8C65-46EF-9D44-1A2E12E318B8@microsoft.com... >I need to download a program that will be easy to use. i sign in as >confused > senior ...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help