help macro for formatting pie chart

Hi

I've got a macro for formatting pie charts in a report that I produce.
The idea is that any count under 3 is not shown in the pie chart.  The
macro seems to work for most tables, but doesn't work when there are
blank cells at the end of a table or the final column has a blank cell
- it puts 0% labels on the pie chart.

Can anyone help please (my vba skills are very rusty....) -  I've
copied the code below....

Thanks!  :)

Sub CalloutsChartData1()

' declare variables
Dim intCount As Integer
Dim intlength As Integer
Dim ChartValue As String
Dim strStart As String
Dim strEnd As String
' initialise count
intCount = 1
' initialise variable within if statement
Do Until intCount = 3
If intCount = 1 Then
ChartValue = strDataType + "Title"
ElseIf intCount = 2 Then
ChartValue = strDataType
End If

' select the sheet
Worksheets(strSheetName).Select
' select the range
Range(ChartValue).Select
' name the first cell in range
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=(strDataType + "Start"),
RefersToR1C1:=ActiveCell
' move right to last cell with data
Selection.End(xlToRight).Select
' name the last cell
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=(strDataType + "End"),
RefersToR1C1:=ActiveCell
strStart = strDataType + "Start"
strEnd = strDataType + "End"
' select the range between first cell selected and last cell selected
Range(strStart + ":" + strEnd).Select
' name the selected range
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=(ChartValue + "Data"),
RefersToR1C1:=Selection
intCount = intCount + 1

Loop
' clear highlighted ranges
Range("endprogramrange").Clear

End Sub

--
monkeygirl
monkeygirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2451

Transferring data to a new company that has a "new" chart of accou
Hello: The client wants to create a new company in GP 9.0. This company is going to be the client’s “new live” company. The client wants this company to have a different account format and a new chart of accounts from what the old company has. They want to get rid of this “old live” company, because they say that financial and other data is not clearly discernible. Pretty easy, so far….. But, the client also wants to transfer the payroll and payables data from the old live company to this new live company. The issue is that the new company will have a new chart of accounts. The ...

sumifs help

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

Help !

Help with this thing

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated