Help! I don't know how to do a time series graph with Excel 2007!

Hello all!

I am taking a statistics course this semester and I have learned how
computer illiterate I am in regards to using Excel!  I have to make a
time series graph; in column A I put ages 1-14, and in column B I put
in average heights for each age in inches.  My problem is when I go to
"Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts have 2 lines and I have
no idea how to get all the data on one line.  My teacher gave me step
by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003 program and I have
Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help would be
appreciated!!

Pam

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
pamboo1278@aol.com said:

>My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts
>have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My
>teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003
>program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help
>would be appreciated!!

Top tip Microsoft never tells you: if you selected the range including
headers at the top, omit the top left hand header. The blank cell will
clue the Chart Wizard that you expect that column to be the x axis, not
a data line.  After you've created the chart, it's okay to give that
column a header too.

If you haven't included headers, then include one over the data column
and select that.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)
"Del Cotter" <del@branta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
> pamboo1278@aol.com said:
>
>>My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts
>>have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My
>>teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003
>>program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help would
>>be appreciated!!
>
> Top tip Microsoft never tells you: if you selected the range including
> headers at the top, omit the top left hand header. The blank cell will
> clue the Chart Wizard that you expect that column to be the x axis, not a
> data line.  After you've created the chart, it's okay to give that column
> a header too.
>
> If you haven't included headers, then include one over the data column and
> select that.

Also, you may wish to consider XY chart instead of "line chart".  XY still
allows you to include lines, either as well as data point markers or instead
of them", and it treats the X values as numbers, rather than as category
labels.
--
David Biddulph

0
David

Unable to install dpm 2007 sp1 agent to Server 2008R2
I am unable to do an install of the dpm agent to server 2008R2, from DPM Manager I get errors, manual install seems to work, but dpm server is unable to communicate, the is the AgentBootstapperCurr.errlog: PS. I first installed the updated version from 1038 directory, then uninstalled and installed the original SP1 one: 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1801) Failed: F: lVal : (HANDLE)(schService = OpenServiceW( schSCManager, strServiceName.PeekStr(), (0x00010000L) | 0x0020 | 0x0004)): 0x80070424 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1839) DeleteServiceByName for...

sumifs help

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Help !

Help with this thing

How do I resize a complex Excel template?
I bought a template to make a calendar, the template is wonderful but doesn't fill a full 8.5X11 sheet of paper, I've tried adjusting the margins, fiddling with the print at %, and everything else I can think of. Is there anyway to enlarge the calendar without resizing every cell? ...

elapsed time average calculcations
Hey guys, Here is my situation. I have a formula in Column F that is: =INT(D3-C3)&" days, "&INT(24*MOD(D3-C3,1))&" hours, an "&ROUND(60*MOD(24*(D3-C3),1),0)&" minutes" It takes the time from column c and d and shows the elapsed time. Wha I need to do now is make a field in for example F 30 that shows th average elapsed time. In other words, average up all the elapsed time in Column F. I can't figure out a way to do this.. Also, I have the formula above all the way down the spreadsheet. I there a way to hide "0 days, 0 hours, and 0...

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Access 2007 link table login
Hi I am migrating my Access 2003 to 2007. There a lot of link tables from Oracle in my mdb file. when my applicaiton running, I have to code to login Oracle: Dim wsp As Workspace Set wsp = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace("xxx", "xxx", "xxx", dbUseODBC) Set dbs = OpenDatabase("", False, True, strConnect) ' connect via regular ODBC 'Close the database. The login is still cached so that it is available for any 'Access object that needs it during the same session. dbs.Close This code works great in 2003 but not in 2...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

Wrong Sent Time
Yesterday at about 1:00 CDT we requested a supplier use a form in their .ASP application to generate an email confirmation. I had them send it to my office address as well as my home address. The supplier sent the confirmation approximately 90 minutes later. When looking at the email in an Outlook Inbox, the received time is 2:34PM which matches the actual time the message was received. However, the sent time on the opened email is 9:34AM both at the office and at home. In this case, that's 3.5 hours before the request for a confirmation email was sent to the supplier. Looking at the mess...

help me #2

Excel #67
Where in Microsoft can I download and Excel update called SR1 or SR2. I need this for a QuickBooks Payroll link. What version of Excel do you have? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c011c70-47d0-4306-9fa4-8e92d36332fe&displaylang=en or http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en the former 2000, the latter 2002 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "KJ" <blueeyes1484@hotmail.com> wrote...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully?
Hello How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully? I sent some days ago a confidential e-mail. I know that I can to set a e-mail before to send but not after... may be from Exchange server it's possible? Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks Henpat no, that's not possible...if you didn't have delivery or read receipt selected before you sent the message, you can't do that afterward and get the receipt... "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7yToJyIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How can I know if a e-mail wa...