HELP! Chart Zero Values

Hi,
I'm new to this forum...I hope someone can help.  I have just become
trainee Office Trainer, and a delegate has asked me a question that
can't immediately help her with.  She has a job interview thi
afternoon and has been given some Excel tasks to do.
She has been asked to create a scatter chart using 2 columns of data i
the spreadsheet.  How do you get the chart to not display the data i
either the x or y axis data is null?
I know you can get the chart to not display the values if both x and
are zero, but what if just one of the axis is zero?
If anyone can help me with this within the next hour or so, I would b
eternally grateful.
:confused

--
nic197
nic1975's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1508

Hi
for these values enter
=NA()
as value

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15083
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
10/7/2004 9:16:58 AM
Click on my screen name and then select "Threads started by that name".
I asked this question a few weeks ago.

Frank was kind enough to help, and a few other guys tacked on som
stuff that sounds like it would for scatter charts.

It sound like it might be complicated

--
Ed Needshel
Ed Needshelp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1491

sumifs help

Transferring data to a new company that has a "new" chart of accou
Hello: The client wants to create a new company in GP 9.0. This company is going to be the client’s “new live” company. The client wants this company to have a different account format and a new chart of accounts from what the old company has. They want to get rid of this “old live” company, because they say that financial and other data is not clearly discernible. Pretty easy, so far….. But, the client also wants to transfer the payroll and payables data from the old live company to this new live company. The issue is that the new company will have a new chart of accounts. The ...

Gantt Chart issue.
I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish. Is this an issue? has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix? Sorry forgot to mention, MSPS 2007 SP2... "Eric_H" wrote: > I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their > Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their > customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish....

Help !

Find the value of your house
To find the value of your house. Index the website and search engine to find the value of your house. You don't need to contact the realtor and appraiser . To know the value of your house just a click! http://www.geocities.com/freefreehouse/ ...

change check box value based on combo box value
I have a form (Form1) with a combo box (Combo43) with three values: Reference 1 Antenatal 1 Quant 1 I also have two check boxes (check36 and check34) What is the best way to implement such that when Reference 1 is selected in the combo box, check34 changes from false to true, and when Antenenal 1 or quant 1 is selected, check 36 changes to true? I've tried something along the lines of, but no luck: Private Sub Combo43_AfterUpdate() If Me.Combo43 = "Reference 1" Then Me.Check32 = True Else Me.Check32 = False End If End Sub I'm a beginner at this, so any help would be ...

Displaying cell data in a chart
Previous posts indicate a successfuly method for displaying data/text from a cell into a chart. Following this procedure, I select the chart, press the equal sign, and select the cell, and then enter. The address of the sheet and the cell address are displayed after the equal sign. When I press enter nothing seems to happen. The data are supposed to display in the middle of the chart, but I do not get any display of the data. I am in a Pivot Table worksheet but did not directly insert a Pivot Chart. I used getpivotdata and created new cells for plotting into the inserted column ch...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

daily data overlaid by monthly data chart
I have to create a graph that has daily data overlaid by monthly data. Ideally the monthly data would be a bar graph with the daily data as line graph over top. 'Here's a pic to explain what I mean (http://apple.termisoc.org/~j/files/excel_nightmare.JPG) (96kb) I also had the problem that the monthly data was in a differen arrangement - the date traversing the columns with the daily data wen vertically. - To fix it I used the Edit -> Special paste -> transpose option an then laboriously cut and pasted the resulting arrangement to one bi column. Wish I knew a better way. I ...

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

Macro Help

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...

help me #2

Picklist values #2
Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the account entity when the lead is converted to an account? I don't want to have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is converted. You can get only value through mapping and mapping betweent two field require some validation like both field should have same datatype so if you want to get this value you have to create same picklist in account and then you can set mapping for the same "Wendy" wrote: > Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead ent...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help