Grouping Series Labels in a Pie Chart

Hi,

I have a bank statement that looks a little like this:
ATM - £10
POS - £30
ATM - £10
ATM - £10
POS - £20

is there any way to generate a pie chart that will automatically group
series with the same name, in this case, producing a pie chart with a value
of 30 for ATM and 50 for POS. When i try to do this in excel, it creates a
chart with a different segment for each value.
Thanks
Richard.

Hi,

No the chart will not do it. You can use formula, SUMIF, to do it and then
chart the data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"richardstan" <richardstan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a bank statement that looks a little like this:
> ATM - £10
> POS - £30
> ATM - £10
> ATM - £10
> POS - £20
>
> is there any way to generate a pie chart that will automatically group
> series with the same name, in this case, producing a pie chart with a
> value
> of 30 for ATM and 50 for POS. When i try to do this in excel, it creates a
> chart with a different segment for each value.
> Thanks
> Richard.

0
andy9699 (3616)

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Make a Chart a link or Pop up in worksheet?
I am trying to make a chart a pop up or a link, I am needing to do multiple charts on the same worksheet for each row, and this is the only way, I believe the charts would be readable. Also is there a way to copy the same date ranges for each row(similar to copyin gthe same formula for each row). You could do this with dynamic charts. Make one of each type of chart using dynamic ranges, linked to a cell that holds the particular row number of interest. You can use some kind of slider or other control to change the row number. There are a few techniques for this in my web site: ...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

how do I chart columns, rows and sheets
I want to chart a set of colums and rows which vary from sheet to sheet. Basically three axis. How about two axis, with different series representing different values from sheet to sheet? This page describes a bit about using data from different sheets in a chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "yorkieshome" <yorkieshome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51CB657-0938-4845-80C5-DD7CA8ABD81D@microsof...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

Charts return zero?
Hi! in Sheet2: B1=IF(COLUMNS($A:A)>COUNT(Sheet1!$D:$D),"",INDEX(Sheet1!$B:$B,SMALL(Sheet1!$D:$D,COLUMNS($A:A)))) -copy accross 40 columns A2=IF(ROWS($1:1)>COUNT(Sheet1!C:C),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SMALL(Sheet1!C:C,ROWS($1:1)))) -copy accross 40 rows B2=IF(OR(B$1="",$A2=""),"",SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$100=B$1))) -copy accross 40rows*40columns based on the function above,it will create a table of data where i will create a chart from it.i define 2 offset to create the chart: CUST=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(S...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Show Percent on Data Labels
In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar chart. I would like to show percent of total on the data labels of each bar while retaining the actual data value on the Y-axis scale. Can this be done? Under the Format Data Series/Data Labels tab, the "Show percent" option is grayed out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. "Paul Scheer" <paul.scheer@warnerbros.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c5d01c3762c$f6aa9980$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar > chart. I would like to show percent of...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Mailing labels using Excel
Can anyone tell me why I can't get my mailing labels from excel to work in word? Is there anyway to do mailing labels out of excel without word? Please help. tgonzalez1@nc.rr.com "terri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096a01c3d517$b2eb8750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why I can't get my mailing labels from > excel to work in word? Is there anyway to do mailing > labels out of excel without word? Only by writing a macro using VBA. What's the problem when you try to mail merge into Word? Try a simple example...

Charting multiple values per category
Hello all, this is probably a question with a really basic answer, which is why it's driving me nuts that I can't make it work. Any help will be greatly appreciated and will reduce the swearing coming out of my office (doesn't help that I'm wearing headphones). Anyway, this is the scenario. I have a small data set of tree ages across a handful of field sites, with multiple trees aged per site. The site ID is text, e.g. EFW. What I want to do is make a chart with the site ID on the x axis and the tree ages associated with that site stacked above it. This has so far proven imposs...

Line chart functionality
I'm trying to create a chart in excel and can't get it to do what I want. I'm tracking data points over time and I want the area below the line to be shaded when a certain value is True. So my line chart will have sections where it is shaded under the line (up to the line) and periods where it is not shaded. Can anyone help me accomplish this...Thanks! Stan sueland@samaritanasset.com [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Stan Ueland. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] You can pull this off with a couple of building b...

IDEAlliance unveils XML Masters Series
XML Master Series - XML 2005 - November 14-18 - Hilton Hotel - Atlanta, GA IDEAlliance in its continued efforts to provide groundbreaking services to the XML community is introducing the XML Master Class Series the first of which will be held at XML 2005. The Master Class Series brings together successful XML use cases presented by users and industry experts to provide insight and practical guidance into today's XML standards, technologies and practices. IDEAlliance is highlighting users that have successfully deployed XML technology in either a document-centric or XML web services envir...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Changing colors of series on a xy scatter plot
Is there an easy way to go through and change the colors of the different lines on my graph? Thanks. Hi, You can double click the series to bring up a format dialog. Or you can select the series and use the Fill Color dropdown palette from the formatting and or drawing toolbar. Cheers Andy JacksonRJones wrote: > Is there an easy way to go through and change the colors of the different > lines on my graph? Thanks. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating data?
I have data over time for different categories. when i change de reporting time frame i want the chart colors to stay the same. Or when i change the scope in categories i still want the categorie chart to keep its color. How to stop excel from reformatting the colors? Hi, I am assuming you are referring to Pivot charts in which case this is a know problem. If it's not a pivot chart then post back. Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Cmd_Marco wrote: > I have data over time for differ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...