Gridlines ok in Excel but linked powerpoint- lines are missing

I have several charts that look just fine in Excel (2003). I have the graphs
linked to a powerpoint presentation. In Powerpoint, which major axis
gridlines show - up seem random. I have tried resizing the graph. That gets a
different subset of gridlines. I want all the gridlines to show-up in the
powerpoint presentation. I have deleted and relinked the charts.
0
ZALI (1)

Linking is a different animal than just pasting as a picture, but I know the
latter approach gives unreliable results if (a) gridlines are formatted as
hairlines and (b) the chart is not scaled at 100% of its size in Excel.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"ZALI" <ZALI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several charts that look just fine in Excel (2003). I have the
>graphs
> linked to a powerpoint presentation. In Powerpoint, which major axis
> gridlines show - up seem random. I have tried resizing the graph. That
> gets a
> different subset of gridlines. I want all the gridlines to show-up in the
> powerpoint presentation. I have deleted and relinked the charts.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Excel Only Customer Database
I am trying to help a friend build a small database of his customers. Hopefully there is a template that is already built that I can use. I'm thinking of a template that would give a defined window, for lack of a better word, that displays the pertinent customer information from another tab of data. I hope I described that clearly. Thanks in advance should you have such a template to share. JNP ...

Excel Contours
Hi, I've started trying to use Excel's contour charts but the results are very poor and I'm not too sure how to improve them. a) There is always a massive gap around my chart. All I get is a narrow rectangle in the middle of the screen with loads of empty white space above and below it. How do I make it take up the whole screen? b) The choice of colours is not great. How do I make it do something more sensible, such as increasing the intensity as the values increase? Thanks, Anon. a) When making a surface or contour chart, Excel makes the grid square. So if you have ten X...

Closing Excel 2007 <1181776120.584584.76720@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com>
It seems to me that the behaviour differs depending upon the existance of files in the XLSTART folder: if that folder is empty, Excel closes correctly; if you have a PERSONAL.XLSB or similar file in the XLSTART folder then Excel doesn't close with the last workbook - presumably because the hidden workbook is the last workbook and that book isn't closed yet? ...

Insert spreadsheet in Excel textbox or comment box
I often have need for formatting within an Excel textbox or comment box. For example, I would like to display the details behind a calculation. I would like to have the ability to use the features of Excel such as number formatting, sum and other functions, etc. In short, I would like to insert a mini spreadsheet into these objects. Cell references to the main spreadsheet would be cool also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

How to access Excel file like VBA Spreadsheet object
Is there a way to read and write from an Excel file in VS2008 MFC? I would like to use a VBA Spreadsheet object or something like it. Thanks in advance Did you google MFC and Excel. There are tons of info on this out there. Here is one from microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186120 And I'm pretty sure by VBA, you mean ActiveX. AliR. "Chris H" <humme.chris@royalmaster.com> wrote in message news:4901c4be$0$4882$607ed4bc@cv.net... > Is there a way to read and write from an Excel file in VS2008 MFC? > > > > I would like to use a VBA Spread...

How to View gridlines
I need gridlines to do layout work. Can not figure out how to make gridlines visible. In news:30EF2E11-8043-4E3B-8267-2D67B8750584@microsoft.com, Warren User <Warren User@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || I need gridlines to do layout work. || Can not figure out how to make gridlines visible. There are no "gridlines" in Publisher. You can use layout guides or ruler guide lines. To add layout guides to create a grid, go to Arrange > Layout Guides. To create a grid using Ruler Guides, it depends on the version. Publisher 2003 changed this. Normally you would hold your...

ZOOM Symbol in MS Publisher 2003
Using Publisher 2003, I appear to have lost my ZOOM icon from the toolbar. I've followed the "Help" file but that doesn't seem to work. Advice will be appreciated. Regards John. Right-click a toolbar, click customize, Commands tab, View, drag the Zoom to the toolbar. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jonathon" <john@home.co.uk> wrote in message news:nf9ai5tm63860m5thbs23kuqt6l5db0b58@4ax.com... > Using Publisher 2003, I appear to have lost my ZOOM icon from the > toolbar. I've followed the "Help" file but that ...

printing in excel
when i open an excel page i am asked to disable or enable the file. when i go to print display it shows a blank page.i am using off.2000. Hi the message about enabling or disabling has to do with the enabling or disabling of macros within the excel file. if the workbook has been created for you and isn't supposed to be blank then you (probably) should enable macros as the person who created the workbook may have code in there to give you the correct print ranges. the other problem if there is information when you view it normally, but in print preview it shows only a blank page is...

Excel macros graphs work on one laptop, but do not on another. Wh
I have macros that generate graphs embedded in a spreadsheet. These graphs also auto populate a title and series names based on the data. On my laptop the graph titles and series names populate correctly, on another they populate with the generic "Chart 1" and "Series 1, Series 2, ...". Is there a configuration setting or something of the sort that would prevent or affect the series names and chart titles from populating correctly? 1> Compare Excel product-versions once, if its different on both machines, install required version to match them with eac...

excel attachment
I am trying to send my boss a excel attachment. I am using outlook & he outlook express. When he opens the email there is nothing there. Help!! What's up? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to recipients who don't use Outlook. Rich Text format will cause problems, one of which is the recipient won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "mac" <mconsidine@stargate> ...

Macro is Excel to populate a word document
Guys, I appreciate if you could help me do the following: I have a table of data in excel and need to be able to click a button in excel that will run a macro and send that data to a word document (In the form of a table) Thats it Thanks a lot Andrew ...

Starting Excel without blank workbook
How do I keep Excel from automaticaly loading a blank workbook on startup. Thanks! Dave Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I keep Excel from automaticaly loading a blank > workbook on startup. Thanks! Dave Ask in an Excel newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

excel info
I would like to isolate specific digits in excel. i.e. If I had 1789A2 in a cell, I would like to only display the fourth digit from the left =MID(A1,4,1) P "Brian" <atariiiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:037301c39273$e8780560$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to isolate specific digits in excel. i.e. > If I had 1789A2 in a cell, I would like to only display > the fourth digit from the left =MID(A1,4,1) if you want it back as text, or =--MID(A1,4,1) if you want it as numeric. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

How do I enter latitude and longitude in Excel
I need to enter geographic co-ordinates of locations. I can't find any cell format that will let me do this. Are there templates for latitude and forlngitude? Visit Chip's page www.cpearson.com Lots on lat & long -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bernard McCartan" <Bernard McCartan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4733024E-7C53-4DD6-BB87-B48CDF48600C@microsoft.com... >I need to enter geographic co-ordinates of locations. I can't find any cell > format that will let me do this. Are there template...

Excel If (or similar)
I have a cell which calculates the amount of working days between 2 dates (start date and end date) using:- =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) This works fine. What is happening is that until I fill both dates in I get large negative answers (which I understand). I would like the computation to be clear if the answer is less than 0 as the spreadsheet is difficult to read with all these large menaingless numbers which only become readable when both dates are completed but it may be several weeks before I complete the end date. I know its something to do with the IF command but I can't figure it ...

Excel 2007 texture fill of chart data series columns
I need a way to use fill type to distinguish columns in a column chart for a black and white publication. Ideally, this would be the traditional horizontal, vertical or diagonal stripes or dots or checks. The only fill options I seem to get in 2007 Excel are shading, colors, or "textures", none of which really fulfill my needs. Is there any way to access the traditional stripes or dots from previous versions of Excel? Hi, The UI for that feature was removed in xl2007 but this addin provides a method of doing pattern fills. http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Copying Tabs in Excel
I have two tabs in an excel worksheet. Tab A has data, Tab B has graphs from the data in Tab A. When I copy and paste these two tabs into the same workbook, I get Tab A (2) and Tab B (2). The problem is that the graphs in Tab B (2) are still referencing the data in Tab B. I have to go in and change the source data from Tab B to Tab B (2). Is there a way around this procedure or do I have to go in and change the source data everytime I copy a tab with graphs? Thanks Chris If you select TabA and ctrl-click on TabB and copy them as a unit to the other workbook, does that help? Chri...

can excel reorder lines of text?
can excel reorder lines of text from a txt file? example would be.... joe john jim james would be after john james joe jim Yes........the column can be sorted itself, ascending or decending, or each row can be assigned a number in a helper column, and then the whole thing sorted either ascending or decending according to that column....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "preowned_male" <preowned_male@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBE1AE2C-B35C-49F2-8149-CC8B18381158@microsoft.com... > can excel reorder lines of text from a txt file? > > e...

Finding external links in a workbook
I have a workbook consisting of several largish worksheets emailed to me by a business contact. When I open it there is a warning that the workbook contains links to cells in other files (which of course I do not have because they are on my contact's computer not mine). Obviously I have to select the 'do not update' option. How do I locate the cells where these links are incorporated? The document is too large to examine cell by cell. BTW this is Excel 2000. John Check under 'Insert --> Name --> Define whether there are ranges linked to antoher workbook. If s...

open excel file without excel
help! ive been sent a price list from a supplier and it is .xls i dont have excel on my compter but wanted to know if there was another way to open it, please help me Mark, You can download a free Excel Viewer program from Microsoft. This will allow you to view and print Excel workbooks, but no edit or calculate data. See http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "mark" <mark@hallgate-timber.co.uk> wrote in message news:0de801c3917c$72fc3790$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

How can I make a "Clock" chart in Excel
I have time data that I would like to display in a 12 hr clock format. The data is binary (display as red or green), how can it show it in a clock like format. For example, 1:15 to 2:30 green, 2:31 to 4:18 red, 4:19 to 5:03 green, etc. The end result would look kind of like a pie chart, but each piece of the pie would represent an actual time span and the color of the piece would indicate good or bad. ...

Excel 2007
Does anyone know how I can accomplish the following task? I have a spreadsheet that I need to extract duplicate names and all other items associated with the duplicate names . Example: Case # Claimant 123456 Fred T 78910 Fred Thompson 2345 James 8911 John How would I pull all variations of "FRED" and corresponding case #'s for Fred? -- Thank you, Cheri T Data>Filter Text Filters>Contains Fred F5>Special>Visible cells only. Copy to another sheet or area. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18...

Different colors on a single line chart
Hi there I have a single line chart, with dates on the X axis. After a certain date, I would like the line to be a different color. Is this possible? Without having to edit the color of each datapoint? And when I add new data, it should appear in that same second color. Thanks! Hi, To do this without code you can use 2 data series to give the appearance of a single line. In this previous example I posted the future data was a dotted line but you can just change the formatting to another colour. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng45.htm Cheers Andy Sarah wrote: > Hi there > I have a ...

Excel 2007
I am receiving a message in newly installed Excel 2007 when opening a spreadsheet in Excel 97 format that I never received when using Excel 2003. The error message is: "One or more invalid names were detected in this workbook. Those invalid names have been changed to #REF" However, I can't find any cells or worksheet names that show #REF. There are no external links in this document. How can I find where the error is coming from? thank you, Bob M.. I'd use a couple of utilities to help find the problem: Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and M...