grid lines #2

Is there a way to format the gridlines when creating a
chart? I understand that you can remove the background
and add in major and minor grid lines. However, when
creating charts and then pasting into other programs like
word, I would like for the x and y distances represented
in the graph to be equal when it is blown up to a
viewable size. Currently when using word and using
landscape page set up option and making it fill a whole
page, the y grid lines are approximately a 2 to 1 scale
to the x grid lines. I would like to know how to make
this a 1 to 1 ratio. Any comments or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated
0
anonymous (74721)

Jon Peltier has instructions for making gridlines square:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Outlook 2002 SP-2 Runaway Writes to McV4A.tmp, etc.
After installing latest Windows XP Pro and IE6 security patches and a McAfee antivirus update on 8/21/2003, noticed sluggishness in Outlook. Got low on disk space warning. Found McV4A.tmp in system folder C:\Documents and Settings\Russell Wade.RUSSLAPT\Local Settings\Temp that was over 7GB. Also creates McV5C.tmp, etc. Could not delete until rebooted even though I closed out of Outlook and McAfee Security Center. Problem does not occur, however, unless I load Outlook. Occurs when Outlook is loaded and McAfee is not. Performed complete virus scan with latest definitions, but no viruse...

Using Money 2007 on 2 non-networked computers
I have Money 2007 on my home desktop. I'd like to put it on my laptop for an extended trip I'm making, so I can check my accounts while gone. The two computers are not connected or networked. If I download transactions into Money from my bank, etc., using the laptop during my trip, when I return home and do a download onto my desktop, will the previously downloaded transactions (to the laptop) download AGAIN to my desktop Money? (It seems to work that way on Quicken -- anything not on the computer's copy of the program downloads again, even if previously downloaded onto ...

Word Wrapping in Excel #2
It occurs in a cell that is not merged -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Do you want it to stop? Format | Cells, Alignment Tab. Uncheck the box for wrapping. tj "Mandy11" wrote: > > It occurs in a cell that is not merged. > > > -- > Mandy11 > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Mandy11's Profile: h...

Collections Module #2
Can anyone tell me how to import customized letters into the Collections Module or at least modify the existing letters? Any information on the Collections Module would be appreciated. ...

incorrect calculation #2
I am experiencing a bizarre phenomenon in Excel. I received a file from a customer and there is an instance where, multiplying two cells together, the answer is incorrect by about 0.02%. I am dealing with large numbers so I cannot ignore this. I am not a beginner with Excel and have checked all possibilities such as ensuring cell format is number and not text, etc. Its almost like its rounding the values off in the background, but its not. Has anyone got any ideas? is it set for precision as displayed? what are the numbers that are being multiplied together and what are the results?...

Plot line on chart
I have a column chart which the columns show data series for the year (2010-01, 2010-02....) I need to plot a line starting at 0 and go all the way to the last entry total which would be 2010-12. So basically i am just drawing a line from 0 the the last data point. Any idea on how to get this done? Thanks in advance ...

Erroneous 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog after converting to Acc 2
After converting from access 97 to access 2000 when I try to open some of my reports from code I get an 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog appearing. There is no field name listed in the dialog and when I press the OK button the reports appears just as in Access 97. Is there any way to suppress this dialog from appearing? Answered in m.p.a.reports ...

Windows XP #2
I just installed Windows XP... I use Outlook express as my mail client. I have word 97 installed. Ever since I installed Windows XP I keek getting the error meease "Spell checking halted... Send Anyway??? while trying to send E Mails. Any Ideas???? Thanx... Stu ...

SQL 2005 backup failing for 2 out of 5
Hello: In SQL 2005 9.0.3054, I have a very simple maintenance plan that is to backup five databases each night. It fails to do so. More specifically, SQL backs up three of the five databases but consistently there are two that do not get backed up. The following are the error messages that I keep getting: Error: 18204, Severity: 16, State: 1. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). Error: 3041, Severity: 16, State: 1. Check the backup application log for detailed messages. It is a simple backup job that is backing up to its own local drive! I don't un...

Dotted line to remove
I have just been editing a multi-page word document and something I did has made a dotted line appear. It goes across the page from margin to margin. Whatever I do to try to remove it doesn't seem to work. The line was not in the original so some I assume some key or setting I have touched has done it. The Word I am using is MS Office Word 2007 - something I find is a lot more fiddly than the older version I have used for years. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><&l...

The Federal w-2 electronic file couldn't be created.
When i go to Tools >> Routines >> Payroll >> W-2 Electronic Filing to generate W-2 report, it will give me this error message: "The Federal w-2 electronic file couldn't be created." I checked the users rights, and the user has access to all companies listed. I also checked the User ID Number provided to generate this report and it is correct. I checked online forums to see if someone faced similar problems but i couldn't find any. Just to make sure i had covered everything, i also checked the rights on folder where this report is generated and the user doe...

Spam #2
We have been using MS Exchange Server 5.5. Are there any built-in feature to stop spam email? Thanks ...

Best grid for data...
I have to use a grid to display data. The data is not from a database and hence I cannot use data bound grids. Now, there are so many grids that Iam totally confused which one to use. For now, I just have to display information and sort the rows in ascending/descending order when the user clicks on the column header. This can be achieved even by MS Flex grid. But Iam looking for a grid that is flexible and extensible in case there are new requirements like editing cell data. Can somebody help me find a good grid? Ofcourse Iam looking for freeware. thanks for your patience. T...

Campaign Responses #2
Hi, Using CRM 4 and starting to run campaigns. Have done a test one to make sure we know what we are doing and all works well. I want to and have put an unsubscribe link in the email campaign and then I have clicked that link when the email was recieved to unsubscribe. This then creates an email to the sender as I am sure you are all aware. Anyway to the point the email is recieved by the sender and the the user has to associate it to an account/lead/contact whatever and then change the preffered contact methods/disqualify leads. We dont have the email link installed, everything goes ...

Exporting contact .vcf Files #2
This may be incredibly simple, but I can't figure out how to export my whole Outlook address book then import into another computer's Outlook. In the help files, it says to "Save as" a vcf file then it can be imported. When I try this, it works for one contact, but when I choose multiple contacts, it isn't an option. I've got several hundred contacts - so this doesn't seem like a feasible option. If this isn't the right way, how to I export my contacts? Thanks Export your Address book to a .pst file and then copy that file to a disk or CD and then import th...

Picture Problem #2
Every picture that I have tried to insert into Publisher turns out to only be a blank white box. How can I fix this? spinach_is4losers wrote: > Every picture that I have tried to insert into Publisher turns out to > only be a blank white box. > How can I fix this? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.c...

Removing every other line
Hello All I need a script to remove every other line in a excel document, starting at say line 10 and delete line 11,13,15 and so on is this something that can be done. Thanks for any help Scott Try this: Just one rule: Cells A9 through A11 must contain any kind of value A1: MyCriteria A2: =ISEVEN(ROW(A10)) Data|Filter|Advanced Filter List Range: (select from A9 down as far as you need) Criteria Range: (Select A1:A2) Click the [OK] button The filter will only display even numbered rows under A9 Select the filtered rows under A9 Edit|Delete (Excel will only allow you to delete entire...

Inserting a new line in spreadsheet
I am using Excel 2003 I have selected in the propertoes tab "insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells", yet when I refresh with changed data, the new data is there but new rows are not being added. I have tried this numerous times using a variety of the check boxes, including "fill down formulas in adjacent columns" to no avail. Here is what I am trying to do, in case there is a better way: I want to have a spreadsheet with 12 monthly worksheets and one YTD worksheet. As I added new items to the inventory, I want to update each of these worksheets to reflect t...

reading and replacing just the first line of a txt or csv file XL2
We have a report that is generated from "System A" and the column headers are in mixed case. We are uploading the file into "System B" which requires all column headers to be in uppercase. The end result is that I just need to read the first line, change it to uppercase, and paste it back into the file over the original first line. My code (so far, and not working) is below, and here are some general questions to get me on track: 1. If I recall correctly, when reading text files there is some way to specify whether the file is being opened for reading, wri...

Contacts with multiple email addresses #2
Need Help When I right-click a contact and click create new message, all of the contacts three email addresses autimatically appear in the "to" line. How do I prevent this from happening. In other words, how do I make one the three addresses for that contact a default address so that only that one appears when I try to send an email. Thanks ...

Out of office Subject Line
Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto message. I'm using office 2000 SP3 In news:ugsBie5cGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Patricia <Patricia> typed: > Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto > message. > I'm using office 2000 SP3 If you're using Exchange and Out of Office, you can't modify this. If you're using an Outlook rule, you can put in whatever you like, I believe.... If you re not using Microsoft Exchange you can use an add-in for Outlook called Auto Reply Manager. You can find it h...

SHGetFileInfo SHGFI_ICON and DrawIcon problem. #2
Hi all. I get the handle to icon in system imagelist as: m_hIcon = NULL; SHFILEINFO psfi; ::ZeroMemory(&psfi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO)); if (::SHGetFileInfo(fullPath, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, &psfi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_USEFILEATTRIBUTES|SHGFI_ICON|SHGFI_SMALLICON)) { m_hIcon = psfi.hIcon; } and i got handle to icon with no problems. Now i have owner-drawn CListCtrl which tries to draw that icon like: CDC dc; dc.Attach(lpDrawItem->hDC); CRect rItem(&lpDrawItem->rcItem); int oldMapping = dc.SetMapMode(MM_TEXT); m_yicon = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSMICON); // Returns 16...

Hiding Grids
How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. I turn off the grid (tools|options|view tab) for the worksheet/window, then apply borders (format|cells|borders tab) where I want them. I find that I have the best control that way. But you could hide the grid by using a fill color (white???) for that selected area (format|cells|Pattern tab). M H West & Co inc wrote: > > How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? > I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. -- Dave Peterson Use a white fill - the tools with icon of...

column-line charts
I understand the default for col-line charts is col on the primary y axis, line on the secondary axis. I am trying to chart 4 series (columns) onto the primary and 1 series (line) onto the secondary axis. The chart wizard always starts with placing 3 series onto col / 2 series onto lines. I can change one of the line series to the primary axis but it still does not format the data into a "column" but remains as a "line". any suggestions. Thanks. Bag the built-in custom chart types. Make a column chart with all of your data. Select the series you want to change. G...

Printing In Publisher #2
I am attempting to print a specialized document using publisher onto a smaller than normal piece of paper. However, Publisher seems to always center the images I am creating on the paper coming out of the printer, and my printer will only allow me to line up the paper on the left side of the paper feed. Is there any way to tell Publisher where to print the images on the piece of paper? Thanks for the help... Bob Stark You have to go to File, Print, Properties and tell the printer the paper size. Look at the last item on the list. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great ...