graphs #5

I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed.  When the graph
is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help
0
Shari (15)

In article <41EC72A8-36FA-4381-9FCB-C2647D7D54E4@microsoft.com>,
Shari@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed.  When the graph
> is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help

Help with what?

What do you expect someone to suggest?  The only things that come to
mind are:

(1) Increase the size of the chart
(2) Reduce the amount of information shown at any one time
(3) Reduce the real estate required per item shown.  Even then this
will be but a secondary level effect.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #5
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

Hyperlinks #5
I have a client contact list at work in the form of a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. When the pointer hovers over some names, the pointer turns into a hand, as if it were an email adress. There are no email adresses in the spread sheet, but if the name is clicked on, the default email program is launched. I tried right clicking on the name, but there is no Properties option. I don't know how to get rid of this linking, and it is really driving me mad. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. poola Try right-click > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink...........or just right-click > ...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Exchange 2003 to 5.5 question
Recently; I created a co-existent environment with a 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers. The process went fine and I now have a exchange 2003 server co-existing in my 5.5 site. Message are being sent from 2003 environment to the 5.5 side without any issues, but any messages addressed for someone on the 2003 server stayed queued until someone originates a message from 2003 to 5.5. I have checked everything, but can not find any reason for the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, /jb I would check to see if your Exchange 5.5 users see the E2K3 users in the GAL or are they typing their SM...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

MSX 5.5 isinteg report
Recently the private IS on our MSX 5.5 server (SP4) went over the size limit and crashed. One admin ran an offline defrag and was able to get the IS service going. We then had users clear out about 4GB of space, and we defragged again. Priv.edb is now down to about 12GB. Since the crash, there have been a variety of random problems with variuos users' email. I ran isinteg -pri - test, and the report gave over 1,000 WARNINGS, but no ERRORS. We are wondering if we should run isinteg with the -fix option, but there is not a lot of good documentation on it. Any suggestions would be h...

Exchange 5.5 trying to deliver email via fax modem
I have recently conducted an install of Exchange 5.5 SP4 after rebuilding a failed server. I had been administering the server for a short time before the HDD failure, however I am not as familiar with 5.5 as I am with the later incarnations. The server is running Windows 2000 Server with all of the applicable service packs. I performed a basic installation, applied the service packs, imported the directory and merged in the mailboxes. The server is even capable of receiving email as it had previously. However, when a user attempts to send an email, be it addressed internally or extern...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Pocket Outlook can not send SMTP on Exchange 5.5
Anyone who has had the same problem ? I'm using POP3 to download messages to a Ipaq handheld with Pocket Windwos 2003. Download is fine but sending via SMTP does not work. Other public servers work fine, I have tested with telnet, the SMTP-server does answer then. Anyone with a clue on how to fix this Thanks /Thomas ...

sorting question #5
Hello! I'm trying to sort a spreadsheet numerically. The column I'm using for sorting contains either single numbers, or ranges of numbers, as in these examples: 614 612-613 Excel wants to put 614 ahead of 612-613 (apparently assuming that a 7-character number is always greater than a 3-character number). How can I sort this properly? Thanks much! Excel classifies data as numbers or text. 614 is a number. 612-613 is text. Numbers sort before text. You could format the column as Text -before- entering the data and Excel should then sort the way you want. -- Jim Cone San F...

Upgrading to Office 10.4 and 10.5
I am running System 10.3 and have office. I have upgraded to 10.1.3 but when I try to upgrade to 10.1.4 and/or 10.1.5 I get messges tht say sometimes it cannot find office on my computer and at other times that I need the earlier updates. has anyone any ideas? Many thanks, Mark ...

Administrating Exchange 5.5 from a workstation?
Hi all, My question is short and simple: Is it possible to administer Exchange 5.5 with Exchange Admin from a workstation running WinXP. And the followup question: If the above is possible, do I install Exchange Admin from the Exchange CD or where? -- /Jonne Yes, just install Exchange from the CD. Select Custom, and one of the options will be to install the Exchange Administrator. Be sure to apply the same service pack as what's applied to your exchange server. "John-Henri Eklund" <jonnefia@algonet.se> wrote in message news:brcbhd$5dl$1@green.tninet.se... > Hi all...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Investments #5
I dont want my investments to appear as expenses on my reports. How should i do it? I though about putting it on the budget sumary, but i didnt manage to do it. Setup an Investment Account. Transfer cash to the account. Buy shares with that cash. Transfer is not an Expense. Didn't we already sort of have this thread today? "Bernardo Ferreira" <BernardoFerreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8544D1-15D8-4890-95CC-6E4250BA8B2A@microsoft.com... >I dont want my investments to appear as expenses on my reports. How should >i > do it? I though ...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

ANTI-SPAM for Exchange 5.5 with third-party Exchange POP3 Manager Software.
Hi All Good Morning Wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS To stsrt with.... I am SPAMMED.. I am the systems administrator of a Venture Capital firm with 45 users The following describes my setup Exchange 5.5 SP Third-party Exchange POP3 Manager (available from www.exchangepop3.com) to fetch mails from my 45 mailboxes at my ISP where my domain xyz.com is hosted Windows 2000 Advance Server SP I need an effective, tested, ANTI-SPAM solution for my server, which has an automated update engine to update its database & white/black lists. I have 24 X 7 net connectivity Any sug...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

5.5 --> 2000 migration
I currently have an NT4 domain (about 100 machines including servers all of which are W2K except for the DC's) with Exch5.5. I'm building a parallel W2K domain (because of politics this is necessary) with a new Exchange2000 server and am trying to figure out the best way to migrate all personal mail and public folders from E5.5 to E2K across domains. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has done this but am unable to find any documentation, except Microsoft's which seems to target large domains with 1000's of users/machines. Is the ADMT the only thing I need?...

Automatic Graphs/ Dynamic Graphs
I have a list of test results, one row for each participant. (Each result is in a seperate column) I need to make a graph of all of their results when I click on their names. Obvously I cannot create a graph for each one, as there could be hundreds of participants, I need it to create a graph using relevent cell references for each person on the fly. I have seen this done in the past, but am unsure on how to accomplish this myself. Thankyou for any help you can give me Dan Hi, Maybe you used one of these sites previous to get your information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Negative WIP Totals in GP 7.5
I've got an odd problem in GP 7.5. The WIP totals I get from the MOP1000 table are, in some cases, greater than the amount issued. In most of these cases, the qty issued is zero (there are some cases where qtyissued is greater than 0). In a lot of these cases, the MOP1210 table has the items listed as issued to the MO. I've been able to confirm this on a number of the entries in MOP1000. It looks to me like GP is not updating the table properly. Has anyone see this before? Does anyone have a process for reconciling this data? MOP1000 is the WIP stack. MOP1210 is the PickD...

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...