Graphing question #2

Hello,

How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph?

At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and
would want to have a longer graph?

--
wenlianglo
wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161

Hi,

You might also consider 1. Adding a Trendline to the chart and then choosing
the trendline and telling it to show forward some number of periods.
Alternately you can extrapolate the numbers in the spreadsheet by using
LINEST, LOGEST, SLOPE,  INTERCEPT, or TREND.  Also if you add a trendline to
the chart you can then ask Excel to show you the equation it came up with and
you can build that in the spreadsheet.

Commands:  Chart, Add Trendline.  also the Options tab of that same dialog
box.

Without more details we can't be much more help.  What does your data look
like?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"wenlianglo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph?
>
> At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and
> would want to have a longer graph?
>

> --
> wenlianglo
> wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=71554

vlookup?? #2
I'm not sure how to do this but this is what I want to do. A B 6/27/05 262A029 6/23/05 267A042 6/24/05 267A043 6/24/05 271A001 I want to search column A for a certain date and pull out the data on column B but some dates have multiple matches on column B. I need all the column B data that matches the date. So in the example I have...When I search for 6/24/05 in column A I get "267A043" and "271A001" from column B. Can someone please help me!!! Thanks -- cutsygurl -----------------------------------------------------------------...

circular reference #2
This is what I'm trying to do and I can't seem to get a circula reference to work. I want to enter a numerical weight value into cell. I then want the cell to convert that number to a % based on th sample size and display the result in the original cell. So if I hav my sample size of 100 grams in cell A1 and I enter my defect weight o 10 grams in cell B1 then I want cell B1 to calculate and display as percentage. Can I do this or is there a simpler way that I am missing I don't really want to do calculation in another cell as I am tryin to create a form. Any suggestions ---...

Payables and Intercompany #2
Anyone know of a way to drill back on a Payables Transaction and see the intercompany expenses/entries. All i see is the intercompany due to - My customer had their posting turned off to the GL and i need a way to get what the entries to each company should be. The distribution detail reports reprinted don't have that info - do the originals? ...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

shortcut key question
Hi, To unhighlite or delect a bunch of cells one needs only to go to an empty cell and hit the space bar. I was wondering whether there is a shortcut key that can be used to accomplish the same thing. Sometimes I find that I have to spend time searching for an empty cell. If ctrl-something or alt-something would deselect the cells that would be handy. TIA -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson When you select an empty cell, you do not need to press space bar. Selecting the cell makes it the acti...

Update Pivot Table #2
Is there a way I can get my pivot tables to automatically update before I print the sheet containing them Thanks You can use the before print event You can record a macro when you refresh the tables, then copy and paste that code Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) 'your recorded refresh code End Sub It goes into ThisWorkbook (right click the excel icon next to the File menu and select view code -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brandt" <bsaxey@pridehomesofutah.com> wrote in message news:A1DE0F32-AD26-45B7-AB3D-CC921DB6633A@microsoft.com... > Is there...

SOP Question
My problem... Sales person Joe makes a sale to Jane for season tickets to a hockey game for a three period. Joe setup Jane on a payment schedule to make it easier for Jane. Now Jane comes back and talks to George who sold Jane some advertising inside the building during events. Our sales people are paid commission when the customer makes a payment. Now Joe want a list of his customers and a list of what items they bought with a list of payments they have made. Now how can accounting track this information if Jane bought from Joe and George? If Joe is assigned to the customer on the ...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...

Simple Question!! 2000 SBS user without client
Hi All I have a 2000SBS with intergrated (if thats the right word?) exchange server. I have multiple users: ie joe bloggs with email: joe.bloggs@domain.co.uk Users access their email via MS outlook Client. We have a user called 'info' - their for creating info@domain.co.uk How do i go about setting joe bloggs to collect info's email? Would it be forwarding, alias'es, two accounts on one email client???????? Please advise this simple task. Info was created as a user - only for the email address purpose, i guess this should have been only created as an Alias in the first p...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Filtered Rows #2
in the spreadsheet i am using filter and in one of the macros, i need to select the first visible row below the header. The header is at row 10. eg . row10: header row11 - 90: (filtered out, not viewable) row91: first visible row below row 10 i need the macro to select row 91 in this case how can i do that. -- shimeel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15830 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273638 You have one more response to ...

question about vbs clearbutton_click
i have 25 check boxes (cb1:cb25). do i have to code in each check box t clear when the button is clicked, or is there a code to clear all a once? example of what I have now. cb1.clear cb2.clear cb3.clear ect..... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have read something like Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:G37").Clear but cannot firgure out how to do it in a frame on a form i have tried formName.Frame1.clear ' all the boxes are in frame -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That clears a cell, not a checkbox. '----------------...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

How can i tell excel to cumalative the hours so 17:00 + 10:00 = 2.
I have designed a timesheet in excel thats works out staff hours. I want excel to have a cumalative hours section so on a day to day basis staff know how many hours they have done it total I have done a formula to add up the hours but the problem is once it reached 23:59 it goes back to 0:00 does anyone know how to do cumaltive hours and resolve the problem??? Jenniss, Format the cell (Format - Cell - Number - Custom): [hh]:mm -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "jenniss" <jenniss@discussions.microso...

Rules question an spam killing
I keep getting spam where the message is actually embedded in an image file so that you can't use a rule to filter on keywords. Does anyone know how I could send this crap to the deleted items? The messages are being sent by many different senders - I guess some SOB found a new way to piss us off and is eithre spoofing addresses or enrolled a bunch of fools in his scheme. These messages always advertise shares. Does any one know how to filter these to the deleted items? For now I just add the sender to the blocked sender's list but they keep coming from new senders. I don't wa...

Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934 and another language
I need update 840934 for Polish language. ...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Blank Emails #2
All of a sudden starting this morning some emails where showing up with blank content, and the subject was intact but just no content, upon investigation I discovered that this is happening from any one that sends an email from aol and so far does not seem to be happening from other domains. This is happening to all clients of my exchage server, none of them are getting AOL emails correctly. and this just started, it has been working fine for along time now. Does any one know what I can do to be able to properly recieve emails comming from aol senders. Please help. and thank you...

Amortization Schedule #2
Which product of Microsoft Money out of either Premium 2005, Delux 2005, or Standard 2005 will allow you to be able to create an Amortization Schedule to figure out some loan costs. I think this was answered before, so you might want to check on replies to your first message. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regar...

if Condition #2
Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I use this using If condition, then how can I do it? Maybe??? =if(or(a1=1,c1=1),10,"what should go here") saraskandan@gmail.com wrote: > > Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, > condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 > is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I > use this ...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Unable to Terminate Process #2
I want my program to be such, that the user is not able to stop it from the Task Manager. That is from Task Manager/Processes. Like in the case of 'services.exe ' it is a System runned process and the user cannot end this process..... on trying so....it shows the message.... "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process" with the MessageBox having the caption "Unable to Terminate Process" I want my process to be like that.....How can I do that? Else....is there any way by which I can make my process invisible from the TaskManager/P...

Incoming Messages have wrong time #2
I'm at my wits' end with this. Can someone help? When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt suddenly shows as 3:15p...

Chart Question #3
is it possible to create a chart, skipping columns or rows I need to creat a chart using data from every other column and another using data from about every 5th row Any help appreciated David Hopper I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the best way to do this (assuming you don't want to delete the in between data, and resort the columns somehow) would be to create a macro that copies the data you want into the right format (probably on another sheet) and make the chart from there. Something along the lines of: sub MyCopy() dim NewSheet as worksheet dim OldSheet as w...

2 personal folders im Outlook
Hi, I have aksed this before but the answer was lost in a crash! I have re installed Oulook 2003 in Windows XP media centre. I have moved my old pst file across but I have 2 personal folders showing the same emails. In the deafault folder where my psf file sits there is only the 1 file. Any ideas? Can someone remind me what the file name is that holds all my old adress line autofil is. Thanks Mick You have a corrupt profile - create a new one and configure it to use your old .pst file. Never attempt to overwrite a .pst file The N2K file holds all of your autoresolved email addres...