graphing by group

I have 10 individuals in 5 groups.
I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them
within their groups.  When I try to graph it ends up as 10
groups.
I would also like to make each group of individuals a
different colour.

Thanks,
Tim

0
anonymous (74723)

Hi Tim
In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by
Columns correctly selected.
If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use
Series by Rows

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 10 individuals in 5 groups.
> I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them
> within their groups.  When I try to graph it ends up as 10
> groups.
> I would also like to make each group of individuals a
> different colour.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Reports: how do I Group on ranges of hours?
I am trying to group on 6 hourly ranges (see below) and have the group/report total the number of log-ins during each time range. I have the report grouping on each client and then counting the number of log-ins during a one day period (midnight to midnight) for each client by using one day (24 hrs) per table and one table (with multiple clients on separate pages) tied to the report at a time. I change the report parameters each day to use the new table with the new usage. These are the time framse I need to count the usage for: 00:00-05:59 06:00-09:59 10:00-13:59 14:00-17:59 18:00-21:...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

SQL Study Group
sql-study-group@googlegroups.com Please join for support our SQL Study Group ------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For those who want to join, the URL is http://groups.google.com/group/sql-study-group David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP Any views contained within are my personal views a...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Importing AD particular group members to Excel 2003
I would like to create a macro to import into Excel the group members of a particular group but I don't know how. Any help would be appreciate. -- _________________________________________ Fran´┐Żois Racine ICQ#: 36826607 More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/36826607 _________________________________________ This particular group is situated where? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 6 May 2006 13:23:25 -0400, "Fran´┐Żois Racine" <Francois.Racine@hotmail.com> wrote: >I would like to create a macro to import into Excel the group members of a >particular gr...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Can't use key and keyref with an attribute in a group
Hi, Why can't I create a key and keyref with an attribute declared in an attribute group? Code below describes what I'm trying to accomplish. <!-- An attribute group --> <xs:attributeGroup name="AttGMain"> <xs:attribute name="Name" type="xs:string" /> <xs:attribute name="Type" type="xs:string" /> </xs:attributeGroup> <!-- CT using group above --> <xs:complexType name="ctView"> <xs:all> <xs:element name="Control" type="ctControl" /> <xs:eleme...

Outlook 2003
How do I view ALL email received, grouped *by person*, in a single pane regardless of folders? BTW, Lotus Notes has a default "sort all messages by person" icon. The icon generates a view showing every email stored on the server and local drive (regardless of folder), grouped by person. Press another icon and switch back to folder view. Very handy. Thanks! Steve Sunny NY State You could create a Search Folder that would include all your mail and give that folder a group by sender view. -Peter "Qman" <Qman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Deleted Group
Hi, When our organisations exchange server 2000 was set up initially the engineers couldnt set up the Everybody group. They created an Everyone group and allocated users. Later on they managed to create an Everybody group & I deleted the Everyone group (three yrs ago). Some users inadvertantly use the Everyone group but despite it being deleted users can use the group and messages go (or appear to go) to users that were part of the Everyone group. I am not able to create a new Everyone account as an error message says the avccount is still in existance. Can you advise as to how I ca...

Logons container under the storage group
What does logons container log in? It is kind of confusing. Some have two entries, some have more... We had some security issues and I was looking into this container and it was confusing as what exactly does it log in? Please help or refer me to some documentation in this regard. And with Outlook 2002 and above, every time a user adds someone's name in the meeting request, or attendee, it shows as he/she is logging into the other's mailbox. Is there any way to avoid that, or is it known to everyone? Although we want them to be able to see their free/busy schedule but wit...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

import groups from xls
In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and email address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook? -- http://QLiner.com Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be one. - Anonymous You can import it into your Contacts folder. You'd still have to then either create a distribution list manually or add each of these 50 people to the To or BCC field for an email message. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide...

Recovery Group Limitations
I have an Exchange Active/Active cluster. I'm in the process of converting it to an Active/Passive by moving all mailboxes from one EVS to another. The problem is that I need to restore an email from a mailbox that was on Server 2 but now the mailbox is on Server 1. I restored to Server 2 and mounted the recovery group but the mailbox wizard tries to restore to Server 2 and not the new location on Server 1. Is there a way to run exmerge or a utility to extract the mailbox from the recovery group on Server 2? I just need one email from a mailbox that was moved. Any suggestions...

Automatic Graphs/ Dynamic Graphs
I have a list of test results, one row for each participant. (Each result is in a seperate column) I need to make a graph of all of their results when I click on their names. Obvously I cannot create a graph for each one, as there could be hundreds of participants, I need it to create a graph using relevent cell references for each person on the fly. I have seen this done in the past, but am unsure on how to accomplish this myself. Thankyou for any help you can give me Dan Hi, Maybe you used one of these sites previous to get your information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

help xsd converting wrongly group ref
I have the following xsd <xsd:element name="batchRequest" type="BatchRequest"/><xsd:complexType name="BatchRequest"><xsd:sequence><xsd:element name="authRequest" type="AuthRequest" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/><xsd:group ref="BatchRequests" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/></xsd:sequence></xsd:complexType><xsd:group name="BatchRequests"><xsd:choice><xsd:element name="searchRequest" type="SearchRequest"/&g...

Outlk 02 group send problem
When I want to send an email to a group it acts as if it's sending but nobody receives the email. Whether I select one group or select multiple individuals the email does not send. It sounds like you have two problems. Sending to a group and sending to more than one person. How do you insert the names on the TO: line? Easiest way is to click on the TO: and then highlight each user / group and then dont forget to click on the TO: / CC / BCC button to move highlighted name to the reciepient box. Thom >-----Original Message----- >It sounds like you have two problems. Send...

Drawing Graphs
Hello, I would like to create an application that displays one or more graphs on tabbed pages in a single window. These would be straightforward XY coordinate line graphs of the type you would typically see on the face of an oscilloscope. Although my experience with MFC has been sporadic and minimal, I don't want to buy some 3rd party package to do this. While I could do this the hard way (i.e., get out my copy of Prosise's book and start reading), I was wondering if there is a standard class already in existance to do this, or maybe some standard Windows functions. When...

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...

3D Graph Formatting
Hi all, I'm currently doing some work with a graph and am trying to format it to reduce the spacing between the columns. For the life of me, I can't work out how to do it. Any tips? Take a look at the Word document (zipped) for an example of the graphs. Basically, I want the orange columns closer to the green columns. Many thanks, Sam B +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: graph.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3906 | +-----------------------------------...

Grouping on the same line
Hi - I am trying to create a report and need to use grouping. Is there a way to have groups on the same line versus staggered below the one before? For example - current state: A B 1 2 3 Desired: A B 1 2 3 Thanks so much! It is possible. Post table and field names with datatype and sample data. -- Build a little, test a little. "Erin" wrote: > Hi - > I am trying to create a report and need to use grouping. Is there a way to > have groups on the same line versus staggered below the one before? ...