Graph

I have a graph in excel and I am required to find the
area below the line of the graph. Usually I would add a
trendline and the integrate the function to find the
area, however the graph is fairly complex and I was
wondering if there was a magic tool within excel that
will do this for me.
0
anonymous (74719)

Check

the cubic spline based code posted by David Braden
(http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3A11AD33.B1438202%
40rochester.rr.com)

the Trapezoid or Simpsons 1/3 rule documented by Bernard Liengme at
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm

Might also be worthwhile to check http://xlrotor.com/Excel_Stuff.htm

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <043701c3db6d$c6d21200$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a graph in excel and I am required to find the
> area below the line of the graph. Usually I would add a
> trendline and the integrate the function to find the
> area, however the graph is fairly complex and I was
> wondering if there was a magic tool within excel that
> will do this for me.

Hi Paul,
Send me the file - the temp here is minus 30C and I have no intention of
going anywhere tomorrow! Lots of time to mess around.
(US readers can use =CONVERT(-30,"C","F") to get a value on their scale.

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
"Paul McG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a graph in excel and I am required to find the
> area below the line of the graph. Usually I would add a
> trendline and the integrate the function to find the
> area, however the graph is fairly complex and I was
> wondering if there was a magic tool within excel that
> will do this for me.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/16/2004 12:43:55 AM
Or they can use my industrial strength (I use it at work) temperature
conversion utility:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/TempConv.zip

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Bernard Liengme wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> Send me the file - the temp here is minus 30C and I have no intention of
> going anywhere tomorrow! Lots of time to mess around.
> (US readers can use =CONVERT(-30,"C","F") to get a value on their scale.

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

Automatic Graphs/ Dynamic Graphs
I have a list of test results, one row for each participant. (Each result is in a seperate column) I need to make a graph of all of their results when I click on their names. Obvously I cannot create a graph for each one, as there could be hundreds of participants, I need it to create a graph using relevent cell references for each person on the fly. I have seen this done in the past, but am unsure on how to accomplish this myself. Thankyou for any help you can give me Dan Hi, Maybe you used one of these sites previous to get your information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...

Drawing Graphs
Hello, I would like to create an application that displays one or more graphs on tabbed pages in a single window. These would be straightforward XY coordinate line graphs of the type you would typically see on the face of an oscilloscope. Although my experience with MFC has been sporadic and minimal, I don't want to buy some 3rd party package to do this. While I could do this the hard way (i.e., get out my copy of Prosise's book and start reading), I was wondering if there is a standard class already in existance to do this, or maybe some standard Windows functions. When...

3D Graph Formatting
Hi all, I'm currently doing some work with a graph and am trying to format it to reduce the spacing between the columns. For the life of me, I can't work out how to do it. Any tips? Take a look at the Word document (zipped) for an example of the graphs. Basically, I want the orange columns closer to the green columns. Many thanks, Sam B +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: graph.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3906 | +-----------------------------------...

Making a worksheet and a graph that doesn't show zero values
Hi I am trying to build a template worksheet for my research. I get a file of logged data per day. I want to be able to copy the logged data from a .CSV file to a template file. Then separate worksheets will look at the raw data and import data from certain columns into that worksheet. The data is not logged in a regular way, there can be 30 cells between logging intervals or 29 or 31 cells. I can select that every cell in a column of Worksheet 1 looks at a set cell in the "Raw Data" worksheet. This will then give me a column consisting of logged data values with zeroes ...

stacking graphs
i want to analyze the relationship between 10 factors over time. most of the factors have different measurements or scales, such as milliseconds, pounds, bar, percentage of 1, etc. As far as I can tell, Excel charts can only deal with 2 different scales on the 2 Y axes. does anyone know of a software add-in or program that would allow me to stack a number of charts vertically, while each uses the same scale (such as seconds) on the horizontal X axis? Hi mark, I don't know of anything that will do this automatically. Maybe your best bet is to create a chart with a single data s...

disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?
hi everyone i want to disable right mouse click on a scatter chart. i need help thanks a lot Engin H. By default, a chart embedded in a protected worksheet is Locked. This means it updates as the data updates, but the user can't change it. If it's feasible, unlock the cells the user is allowed to change, then protect the sheet. In a protected chart sheet, the right click menu items are disabled. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Engin H. wrote: > hi everyone > i want t...

Using Graphs in Publisher
I am trying to do a mail merge in publisher and have data for a simple graph in the document come from the data source(excel file). I can't seem to figure out how to get a merge feild into the graph data. Any one with experience with this? Hi RT (rt_stevenson@yahoo.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to do a mail merge in publisher and have data || for a simple graph in the document come from the data || source(excel file). I can't seem to figure out how to get || a merge feild into the graph data. Any one with || experience with this? You will have to create...

How do I plot error bars on 3D graphs?
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to display standard error bars in 3-D graphs in Exel. My data set is more easily interpreted in the 3D format, but have been unable to plot the error bars. Thanks!! Hi, Sorry, no error bars with 3d charts. And because 3d charts do not allow combination charts I can not think of an easy work around for this. Could you make use of the Shadow option on standard 2d charts? Cheers Andy jho105 wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to display standard error > bars in 3-D graphs in Exel. My data set is more easily...

Graph Resolution
I have a graph on a report that only displays all the columns if the screen resolution is set to 1280X1024. Any other resolution cuts the graph off on the right. How do I get the graph to resize so it is all displayed no matter what the screen resolution is? ...

Graphs
I have a graph with the following data along the x-axis 0.05 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.6 0.8 1 1.5 2 3 4 6 8 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 What its doing is giving me a graph with the same distance between x-axis (lets say 1cm) but then listing the values. For example, the distance between the 0.05 and 0.15 is the same as the distance between 30 and 40 - any ideas? Cheers Use a XY Scatter chart, not a Line chart. This is a selectio...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on pie of pie charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Cheers Andy Jen Kulak wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Graphs and charts in Access 2007
I found a chart in an old Access 2000 database that I was able to copy/paste into my new application that seems to have no current design for in Access 2007, a stacked bar chart. Compared to creating charts and graphs in Excel, Access 2007 seems very limited in the variety of charts that can be created, and I don't remeber how I created that one. 1. A problem I have with the Stacked bar chart in Access is formatting the horizontal axis. Although the query passes dates to the chart for this axis, it doesn't use the earliest date as the beginning/minimum value of the char...

Automatic range update of Graph
Hello, Can some one tell me if it is possible to automatically update the (date) ranges in a graph? Now I have to extend the ranges manually each time there is a new range provided. Thanx in advance!!! Regards, Robert Have a look at Tushar Mehta's Dynamic Ranges site. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Or Jon Peltier's site on Dynamic Charts http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html#hdrDyno Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 30 Jun 2005 06:59:31 -0700, p.strijbosch@chello.nl wrote: >Hello, > >Can some one tell me if it is possible to ...

stacked bar graphs #3
How do I create two side-by-side stacked bar graphs? Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's page which has a collection of links to examples of how to produce clustered stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Mike BS DLP wrote: > How do I create two side-by-side stacked bar graphs? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

adding to a graph
I have a graph which is connected to a 2 column table. I have added another column to the table. How do you get the graph to plot the 3rd column from the table without redoing the graph? My graph will have 2 lines and one column to represent the data. Thanks Select the new data; copy it Click the chart to activate Use Edit | Paste Special and specify New Series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Charles Eaves" <charles.eaves@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:uJkmlmLrJHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx...