Graph where source data has different dates

I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data.  The are
both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009).
However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly.  When I
try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up.

Is it possible to have these line up correctly.  I've tried formatting the
axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points.
So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days.

Hopefully that makes sense.  If not, just let me know & I'll try to clarify.

Thanks!
0
Chas (10)

Make the line chart with the first set of data, and set the X axis to use
days as the base unit. Add the second set of data, which produces a second
line series using the X values for the first series. Convert just this
series to an XY type, which breaks its dependence on the first set of X
values. Then, in Excel 2003 or earlier, you can move the XY series back to
the primary axis, and it will be aligned appropriately. In 2007 you have to
keep the XY on the secondary axis, and align all the scales yourself.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data.  The
> are
> both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009).
> However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly.  When I
> try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up.
>
> Is it possible to have these line up correctly.  I've tried formatting the
> axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points.
> So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days.
>
> Hopefully that makes sense.  If not, just let me know & I'll try to
> clarify.
>
> Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

CRM + Exchange Problem (using a different domain)
Hi All, We run a hosted exchange environment here and I want to get CRM working with it. The only prob I'm facing is that CRM can only read the email accounts that reside in the domain that it's in. We have a scenario where we have domaina.com and all the email accounts we have are for companya.com, companyb.com etc. None of these accounts show up when I'm trying to assign licences to them, the only ones that show up are ones with an email account in the domaina.com domain. My questions to further this then are: Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that don...

Duplicating data according to Dates
Well, that's the best description I can think of anyway. I need help with a solution. I have a set of data (vehicles) that I have managed to extract a complete history for. This dataset shows the month and year of every inspection that was completed on the vehicle according to the location that it was at when the inspection took place. Here is an example: Vehicle -- Location -- Year -- Month Car1 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 Car1 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 12 Car2 -- Location1 -- 2007 -- 2 Car2 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 11 Car2 -- Location3 -- 2007 -- 5 Car3 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 My goal is...

Drop down list in Data Validation
Hello All Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the drop down list in Data Validation. Thanking you in anticipation -- Big Rick Where you want the 1/2 symbol to appear, press the Alt key, and type 0189 on the number keypad. This will be treated as text, not a number, if you're doing calculations. Big Rick wrote: > Hello All > Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the > drop down list in Data Validation. > > > Thanking you in anticipation -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &am...

html source code into Excel
Can anyone tell me how to (in VBA) get the source code for a web page into a string so that I can parse it? Note: I can't use a Query Table for this part as the data I need is imbedded into an href. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul ...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Grid Search
Hi everyone. I've got a grid of data like this (headings are color): ----------0-19 20-30 30-50 50-69 00000-999 9.47 7.12 5.37 4.77 1000-2499 9.07 6.72 4.97 4.37 2500-4999 8.52 6.17 4.42 3.82 The green heading refers to an average sale amount ($). The Blue heading refers to a monthly sales figure ($) The data within the cells are a percentage of service fee applicabl (%) based on the average sale amount and the monthly sales figure. I would like some help getting excel to search the grid when given a average sale amount and a monthly sales f...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Moving mails to a different user
One of our employee had quit and we want to move all his current and new emails to other employee (who already has a mail box). How could this be achieved? Thanks in advance. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 you can either just rename the account of the person who's left to the new person's name; or you could (if you have mailbox retention configured) delete the mailbox, then after cleanup is run, attach the mailbox to the new user's account - re-add the departed user's original smtp address as a secondary address; or you use exmerge to make a copy of the old user...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

How to: 3 side by side columns with overlayed (?) data
Hi there, Hope someone can help me create some column charts. I have 2 economic sectors, S1 and S2. Each sector consumes 3 types of energy - E1, E2 and E3 - both directly and indirectly. For each energy type, the indirect amount is larger than the direct amount. How can I graph this information so that: 1. There is one column for each of the "E's" that shows both direct and indirect amounts. The 3 E columns are side by side for each of the sectors. So from left to right the columns read: S1E1, S1E2, S1E3 S2E1, S2E2, S2E3 2. Each of the E columns show both di...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Data Validation #2
Basically there are three categories from which the user can selec from. Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues - servicing - assessing - delay in assessing - call centre - misquote - information - website (no entry required) - brochure I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on th issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue an servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Exce -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Pascale check out Debra Dalgleish's site espe...

Data Source of Pivot table
Hi NG if i create a Pivot table with the Wizard in Excel 2000 and have my data in a ACCESS 97 table, where can i see the explicit Path and name of the database and the table that are concerned. if the place of the database changes, is it possible to write this change directly into to excel-File via VBA to tell him, that the refresh has to be taken from a different database. maybe the access-table-name could be changed also, on the bassis, that the structure stays the same. Thanks for helping Regards Reiner ...

Putting data tables with charts
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bottom of a chart. I know how to do the data table but my boss only wants the totals, not the other detailed information. I tried to do a copy/paste but it actually adds the information to the chart and I don't want the information added to the actual chart. Instead of a data table, you could use one of the alternative techniques that Tushar Mehta describes here: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Jaxxplace wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bott...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Apply different themes to single application
Hi, I have to work on Windows Themes in VC++. I should be able to apply different themes to my application. These new themes must be applicaple only to my application and not to the entire Windows. On browsing the Google and other websites I learnt that UXTHEME.DLL has to be used to change the windows themes. But I have no idea as to how to use this Dll to change the theme of only my application. I need to give an option in my application, say in the form of menu option showing the available themes, and allow the user to select one among them and then apply the theme to my application. My ap...

"sources and use" operational budget template
lookin for a good template--any ideas? There are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And don't forget google. I bet there's a few you could find there. Didley wrote: > > lookin for a good template--any ideas? -- Dave Peterson ...

date picker (Excel 2007 Crashes)
every time i try to place a Date Picker object onto a excel form excel crashes. Have ran diagnostics on office but it did not detect any problems > every time i try to place a Date Picker object onto a excel form excel > crashes. > Have ran diagnostics on office but it did not detect any problems I just tried it and it worked for me. What I did was add a UserForm, right-click the ToolBox, select "Additional Controls" and pick "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)" from the list that appeared. I didn't do anything fancy, just ran the program an...

data duplication in other worksheets
Does anyone know why data I enter in one worksheet, shows up in other worksheets? You probably have several worksheets grouped together. Right-click one of the tabs and select Ungroup Sheets. -- David Hager Excel MVP "Markus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dce01c398a2$ea5ca590$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why data I enter in one worksheet, shows > up in other worksheets? ...

I have data in a time series that starts from 0 but i dont want x.
I have data in a time series that starts from 0 but i dont want x axis to start at zero I want it to start earlier but to not show on the graph If it is an XY chart, or a line chart with a date scale, you can double click on the X axis, and adjust the axis minimum scale. What exactly don't you want to appear on the chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006FF703-D56C-438E-8343-B14962E8D5DA@microso...

Excel
excel 2003 - office professional. I have data for water temperature from two reservoirs taken over 5 years. I want to match the water temperatures from the two reservoirs from samples taken on the same day as not all samples were taken at the same time. I therefore have four columns: 1) date of sample res 1; 2) nitrate res 1; 3) date of sample res 2; 4) nitrate res 2. There are uneven sample numbers for each reservoir where there was data missing from one of the reservoirs. Many thanks Peter, how do you want to match these two sets of data - not sure I understand? Can you attach a s...

code or macro that would save data then clear form
I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. Example would be: Transfer data from my form, save on the next available row in another worksheet then clear form. Any ideas? I'd start on Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html and you didn't ask for this: http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html Japs wrote: > > I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of > saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. > Example would be: > Transf...