Graph Line Width ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Have a chart with a line graph.
Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
thing.

Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
"thinner".

After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

Thanks,
Bob
0
rgsrose1 (8)

On Apr 7, 3:01=A0pm, Robert11 <rgsr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Excel 2007.
>
> Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
>
> Have a chart with a line graph.
> Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
> Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
> thing.
>
> Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
> "thinner".
>
> After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
> right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
> doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.
>
> How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Please take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

 - item 113.

With reference to the above chart to make the line narrower take the
following actions:-

1. Click the line to highlight it.

2. Right click then:-

Format Data Series . . .

The Format Data Series window should open.

3. In the Format Data Series window click on:-

Line Style

 - being the 5th item down on the left hand side.

4. Now, on the right hand side, increasing / decreasing the:-

Width:

 - setting at the top will change how broad the line is.

Does this give you what you want?

0
info9487 (39)

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Measure length of an AutoShape Line?
Is there a function or way in Excel to measure the length of an autoshape line? What I would like to do is be able to draw an autoshape line and then in an Excel cell display the length of that line. Thank you in advance to any help provided! Best Regards, John --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0615-3, 04/14/2006 Tested on: 4/16/2006 4:12:11 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com Try: Sub ShowLineLength() If TypeName(Selection) = "Line" Then Range("A1").Value = GetLen(Selection) End If En...

Dividing Line
After entering some misc. bank charges that were from the summer a dividing line appeared below my last check and all the new information I try to enter falls below this line. No matter how I try to get it to the correct posting date it stays below the line. Any ideas? What if you enter a transaction with yesterday's date? Does it move back above the line once entered??? "diamonds2" <diamonds2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67EFE9F3-668A-49B1-ACCE-19A6FBF7098A@microsoft.com... > After entering some misc. bank charges that were from the summer a d...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

point of intersection of two lines on line chart
Hello, is there a way to locate the exact point of intersection of two lines on line chart?? Dave - Andy Pope has a helpful web page: http://andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Dave wrote: > Hello, is there a way to locate the exact point of intersection of two lines on line chart?? ...

line quantity is not properly fulfilled
I have an invoice with a kit on it. I have sufficient inventory for all of the components within the kit, however when ever I try to post the invoice, I get a very generic error "line quantity is not properly fulfilled" and it does not allow me to post the invoice Help! ...

On-line training course creation
I love the on-line training courses. What was used to create them? For the images that have small, circled numbers on them and then an associated list of steps or descriptions, is there a software that does this easily? Thanks! Sarah-Jane ...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

How do I remove the separator line preceding endnotes?
I am teaching a unit on typing reports in MLA format. Endnotes should go on a separate page at the end of the report. I am trying to delete the separator line that appears with the endnotes. Can anyone help me? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tech Teacher" <Tech Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A715DD9-AB54-4445-8374-6E111A3D8BEB@microsoft.com... >I am teaching a unit on typing reports in MLA format...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

fold change lines
Is there a way to have Excel draw lines representing various fold changes on a log scale scatter plot? Hi Wazooli - I don't know what a fold change is. Could you add a series for each line you need, with data points at the endpoints of the line, and format the series as a line with no markers? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Wazooli wrote: > Is there a way to have Excel draw lines representing various fold changes on > a log scale scatter plot? If I have an array of X...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

Save .xls as fixed width text or csv
How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? Brian Save it as a space delimited text file *.prn -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Brian Jenkins" <bpjenkins@delinvest.com> wrote in message news:032301c38e92$77252bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? ...

Automatic Graphs/ Dynamic Graphs
I have a list of test results, one row for each participant. (Each result is in a seperate column) I need to make a graph of all of their results when I click on their names. Obvously I cannot create a graph for each one, as there could be hundreds of participants, I need it to create a graph using relevent cell references for each person on the fly. I have seen this done in the past, but am unsure on how to accomplish this myself. Thankyou for any help you can give me Dan Hi, Maybe you used one of these sites previous to get your information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...

Drawing Graphs
Hello, I would like to create an application that displays one or more graphs on tabbed pages in a single window. These would be straightforward XY coordinate line graphs of the type you would typically see on the face of an oscilloscope. Although my experience with MFC has been sporadic and minimal, I don't want to buy some 3rd party package to do this. While I could do this the hard way (i.e., get out my copy of Prosise's book and start reading), I was wondering if there is a standard class already in existance to do this, or maybe some standard Windows functions. When...

Subject line -always has unwanted informationin
Whay does my Outlook subject line always have a message in brackets with the letters SPAM before the actual subject? I Gee, I don't know, as you have not supplied the version of Outlook, whether your ISP is filtering mail, whether you use a corporate mail server that identifies spam, or if you have any add-ins that screen for spam. Other than that, I don't have a clue. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: California Dreaming <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Indicating lines from data labels to pie chart segments
How do I get lines that go from my Data labels to the specified segment on my pie chart? Thanks very much. In EXCEL 2007 try this:- Insert / Illustrations group / single left hand click on the downwards facing arrow of Shapes / select the line that you want / then click where you want it. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Akcath" wrote: > How do I get lines that go from my Data labels to the specified segment on my > pie chart? Thanks very much. ...

can i have 2 scales in one line chart?
Dear All. I want like to display a line chart (with markers) for the following data: Sales/Period Year 04 Year 05 Year 06 Year 07 Country A £2,000 £2,100 £2,200 £2,300 Country B £800 £850 £900 £950 Country C £780 £830 £880 £930 Country D £750 £800 £850 £900 The problem is that countries B, C, and D have very similar amounts. So in the chart the lines correspondent of these countries are very close. My idea was to set up different scales in ...

3D Graph Formatting
Hi all, I'm currently doing some work with a graph and am trying to format it to reduce the spacing between the columns. For the life of me, I can't work out how to do it. Any tips? Take a look at the Word document (zipped) for an example of the graphs. Basically, I want the orange columns closer to the green columns. Many thanks, Sam B +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: graph.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3906 | +-----------------------------------...