Graph - comparing values of 2 series while adding an attribute for each compared values

Hi,
Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the
following information:

I have projects names, and each project has the following data:
1. Estimated cost.
2. Actual cost.
3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per
demand

I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each
project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost,
but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on
every project which reflects its status. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Chen.
0
khengi (3)

Chen -

I'd suggest a 2D chart type instead of 3D, because it's not easy to make a 3D chart
that doesn't distort the data.

To get your attribute: plot the two cost series, then on one of them, apply data
labels for Completed, In Progress, or Per Demand. These labels can be in another
column next to the two cost columns. Use one of these third party add-ins to apply
the cell labels as series data labels:

   Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
   John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

These are easy to install and use.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Chen G wrote:

> Hi,
> Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the
> following information:
>
> I have projects names, and each project has the following data:
> 1. Estimated cost.
> 2. Actual cost.
> 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per
> demand
>
> I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each
> project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost,
> but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on
> every project which reflects its status. How do I do that?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chen.

Jon,
You're the best. Thanks a lot !!!

Chen.

Jon Peltier <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message news:<u$CxgJ8vEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> Chen -
>
> I'd suggest a 2D chart type instead of 3D, because it's not easy to make a 3D chart
> that doesn't distort the data.
>
> To get your attribute: plot the two cost series, then on one of them, apply data
> labels for Completed, In Progress, or Per Demand. These labels can be in another
> column next to the two cost columns. Use one of these third party add-ins to apply
> the cell labels as series data labels:
>
>    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
>    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
>
> These are easy to install and use.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Chen G wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the
> > following information:
> >
> > I have projects names, and each project has the following data:
> > 1. Estimated cost.
> > 2. Actual cost.
> > 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per
> > demand
> >
> > I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each
> > project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost,
> > but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on
> > every project which reflects its status. How do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Chen.
0
khengi (3)

Vcard problem #2
I've only recently started using Outlook for use with a group of friends. I changed from Outlook Express to Outlook since several officers of my group use that and exchange address data via vcards since that really simplifies things. One of my friends sends me email saying he is forwarding vcard info but there is no attachment of any kind. He uses Outlook 2003 and I have Outlook 2000. A different friend with Outlook 2002 does the same thing and I receive the vcard along with the email and updating is simple. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going wrong? The first guy sends...

Adding Contacts When Replying
I am using OL2003 and I do not seem to be able to figure out how to add senders' email addresses to my contact list or address book when I reply to their message. Other than MapiLab, are there any other good Add-Ins or Third Party Utilities that will automatically add senders to my contact list or address book when I reply to their message? Thanks! Steve Forrestor gfr92y at yahoo dot com Please see my response to your post in another group. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Micr...

Exchange 2003 INF files... #2
Im looking for INF files (I am told) that would "harden" my Exchange 2k3 systems..whether it be for OWA FE or BE servers. Where can I find these ? SRP I found it - sorry for the run-around. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A80711F-E5C9-4AEF-9A44-504DB09B9065&displaylang=en SRP "Steve Paul" <srpaul01@charter.net> wrote in message news:Jq%bh.35$DQ1.30@newsfe04.lga... > Im looking for INF files (I am told) that would "harden" my Exchange 2k3 > systems..whether it be for OWA FE or BE servers. > > Where can I find...

Leading + for positive value
How can I have excel show a posiitve value in a cell as +100 instead of 100. Negatives arent a problem.. I'm trying to get a cell to display whether its value is higher or lower than another value. Andy Excel 2007 / Win XP Pro SP3 Format Custom as +#,00 or any other format. The easiest way: first format as you wish it without the + sign, then Format Custom and add the + -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Andy Roberts" <drewberts@lineone.net> wrote in message news:e$cqvMUCKHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I have excel show a posiitv...

Stacked Columns
I would like to insert a data label showing the sum for each column when using the stacked column chart in Excel. I can only insert data labels showing the values of the subparts of each column, not the value of the column itself. What to do? Carl - Add one more series, which uses these totals for its values. Right click on the series, select Chart Type, then choose a Line style for this series. Double click on the series, on the Data Labels tab, select Show Values, and on the Patterns tab, select None for Line and for Marker. Finally, double click on the labels, click on the Alignme...

Historical Inventory Value Report
Is it possible to generate an Inventory Value Report to determine the stock value for a previous month? i.e without having to restore the monthend backup. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Don Don, We have a report called the Inventory Rollback Report that does just this. It is not a standard RMS report so we have the ability to rollback transactions, po's, transfers, etc to arrive at what the number should have been on a give date. If you are interested in learning more, please drop me an email. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information...

paste values Excel 2007
Is there a way to setup a hot key to paste values in Excel 2007? Also, is there a way to change the icon buttons? Thx You can add the "Paste Values" icon to your quick access toolbar. I placed mine next to a "Copy" icon. Only custom icons can be modified to my knowledge. There may be ways developed by independent users. Squeaky "Diamond" wrote: > Is there a way to setup a hot key to paste values in Excel 2007? Also, is > there a way to change the icon buttons? > > Thx Re changing the icon buttons - used to be possible in...

Modifying DOM Element/Attribute uses up 100% CPU
I have a fairly complex application that processes huge input xml documents. This application needs to read element and attribute values and also modify some of them. A particular element has close to 200 child elements and modifications to these using XmlElement.InnerText or XmlElement.AppendChild tend to take couple of minutes. Can some one help? Thanks. When I did not get a response from any one, I chose to post the same issue with more details as a separate thread - "Help! XmlNode.AppendChild is extremely slow 8/18/2004 5:24 AM PST". Meanwhile, I used the Rotor source t...

Installing Server 2003 SP 1 over Exchange 2003 SP 2
I am about to install Server 2003 SP 1 on a machine running Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2 - Has anyone heard of any issues in doing this ? I want to be prepared for everything breaking. I know SP 1 for Server includes lots of security updates but wouldn't want it messing with Exchange Security. Lemme know your thoughts Thanks Paul Hi Paul, It's recommended to run SP1. No issues. (From Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Release Notes) If you are running Windows Server 2003, it is recommended that you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). http://download.microsoft.com/downl...

Customising Taskbar Icon actions for Outlook 2003 #2
Hi there, I posted this a few weeks ago, to no avail. Trying again... ------------------------- Does anyone know how I might be able to tweak / customise the task bar icon for Outlook? I am referring to the Icon down on the right side of the task bar which appears when I set outlook to do so when minimised. Clicking this icon brings up various options... like OPEN OUTLOOK, Show Network Warnings, Hide when Minimised... etc. I would like to add SEND / RECEIVE to this little icon so that I can start a send / receive routine without taking outlook out of the minimised state. Anyone familar with ho...

vlookup?? #2
I'm not sure how to do this but this is what I want to do. A B 6/27/05 262A029 6/23/05 267A042 6/24/05 267A043 6/24/05 271A001 I want to search column A for a certain date and pull out the data on column B but some dates have multiple matches on column B. I need all the column B data that matches the date. So in the example I have...When I search for 6/24/05 in column A I get "267A043" and "271A001" from column B. Can someone please help me!!! Thanks -- cutsygurl -----------------------------------------------------------------...

circular reference #2
This is what I'm trying to do and I can't seem to get a circula reference to work. I want to enter a numerical weight value into cell. I then want the cell to convert that number to a % based on th sample size and display the result in the original cell. So if I hav my sample size of 100 grams in cell A1 and I enter my defect weight o 10 grams in cell B1 then I want cell B1 to calculate and display as percentage. Can I do this or is there a simpler way that I am missing I don't really want to do calculation in another cell as I am tryin to create a form. Any suggestions ---...

Outlook with AD LDAP
Can Outlook 2003 be setup to use an Active Directory LDAP running on Windows Server 2003 as an "Address Book"? Jeff Lynch Assuming I understand the question correctly... yes, users can use AD as an address book. (Your LDAP server name would be your Global Catalog server and the port is 3268 (3269 if using SSL). Search base would be dc=domain,dc=ext. Authentication is required because AD is secured by default to not allow anonymous searches.) -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff Lynch" <jeff.lynch@houst...

Payables and Intercompany #2
Anyone know of a way to drill back on a Payables Transaction and see the intercompany expenses/entries. All i see is the intercompany due to - My customer had their posting turned off to the GL and i need a way to get what the entries to each company should be. The distribution detail reports reprinted don't have that info - do the originals? ...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934 and another language
I need update 840934 for Polish language. ...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Blank Emails #2
All of a sudden starting this morning some emails where showing up with blank content, and the subject was intact but just no content, upon investigation I discovered that this is happening from any one that sends an email from aol and so far does not seem to be happening from other domains. This is happening to all clients of my exchage server, none of them are getting AOL emails correctly. and this just started, it has been working fine for along time now. Does any one know what I can do to be able to properly recieve emails comming from aol senders. Please help. and thank you...

Amortization Schedule #2
Which product of Microsoft Money out of either Premium 2005, Delux 2005, or Standard 2005 will allow you to be able to create an Amortization Schedule to figure out some loan costs. I think this was answered before, so you might want to check on replies to your first message. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regar...

if Condition #2
Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I use this using If condition, then how can I do it? Maybe??? =if(or(a1=1,c1=1),10,"what should go here") saraskandan@gmail.com wrote: > > Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, > condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 > is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I > use this ...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Unable to Terminate Process #2
I want my program to be such, that the user is not able to stop it from the Task Manager. That is from Task Manager/Processes. Like in the case of 'services.exe ' it is a System runned process and the user cannot end this process..... on trying so....it shows the message.... "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process" with the MessageBox having the caption "Unable to Terminate Process" I want my process to be like that.....How can I do that? Else....is there any way by which I can make my process invisible from the TaskManager/P...