Graph colors automatically change

I am trying to create a graph, where each month the numbers will be updated.
I want the positive numbers to show up green in the graph, and the negative
numbers to show up red on the graph.  I know that I can adjust this manually,
but this will be linked to 200 or so department reports.  I don't want to do
it manually.  When I click "invert negative" on the graph dialog box, it
turns the negative numbers blue.
0
PuckMark (1)

Hi,

You can use a custom number format. If you do this for the cells the
datalabels should do the same. Otherwise just set the data labels number
format.
[Green]General;[Red]General

And this describes how to use Invert if Negative to get the coloured
bars you want.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

how can I change the size of each cell consistency?
how can I change the size of each cell consistency? I mean width and height of each cell. Thanks!! Hi Matthew, You can't change the size of an individual cell. You can change the width of column(s) or the height of row(s) - to a specific width - to autofit a selection. Column selection(s): Format, Column, width, specify width or autofit a selection Row Selection(s) Format, Row, width, specify height or autofit a selection You can double click on the border between two column headers or between two row headers to fit row or column to selection. If you want a program...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Change closing amounts after Z
Probably a stupid question, but one of my cashiers closed the register without entering closing amounts and now our Z report reads that we were short. Does anyone know of any way to go back and change those totals, after a Z has been done? -- Jen Jen: Not a stupid question. if it was, there would be a lot of stupid people asking that same question. To answer your question in short - it's not easy. You have to get into the guts of the database and make changes via SQL. These changes need to be made in several places. Unless you are very comfortable with database administration, I ...

Pivot Charts from Excel not to update automatically
Hi there, I have a pivot chart in Excel and want to copy this to Powerpoint. Copy>Paste obviously works fine but as soon as I change the pivot table feeding the chart, e.g. adding row data it updates the chart in powerpoint. How can I prevent this from happening as I want to copy>paste different variations of the pivot chart into one powerpoint presentation? As soon as I do this it updates all graphs in the presentation to whatever the pivot chart is showing at that time... Thank you for any help! W In article <D77A8CB0-C1C5-47BD-8401-6D6658239842@microsoft.com&...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

Add color to worksheet tab
Good Morning All, Using Windows XP and Excel XP. I have a workwork that contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the month) and I have it programmed to open up to the previous days date. For example if I open the January workbook it would open up sheet Jan30. Here is the code to do that: Private Sub Workbook_Open() On Error Resume Next Sheets(Format(Date - 1, "mmmd")).Activate On Error GoTo 0 How can I add for the active sheet tab to be colored red, while the rest have no color? Thank you in advance, Michael Hi Mike something like: --- For ...

Input value changing on refresh
Hi, I am working on a budget system. The user can apply a budget by month against an account or by year and apply a spread which distributes the total by 12 i.e. 120 so 10 in each month. There are two option buttons. One for by month and one for by year. There are 13 text boxes underneath running from left to right. The months start at April and end in March. The 13th box is the total. The bug is that when you enter data and choose by year and then decide to change a month, when you switch back to by year the total has not updated. The data in the months are correct though. When you...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

automatically increment field by one
Hi all I have an excel spreadsheet that contains a field that we at present manually update and therefore have to keep checking the last sequence number used. I would like to somehow create a way to auto update the field so that when opened the file will update the number (similar to purchase order sequencing). The field will also need to be secure so that it cannot be over written. Any idea's ? You could do this with some code in the Workbook_Open event For example Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheet1 .Unprotect Password:="ABCD" .Range("A1").Value...

background color prints w/ dark edge
Hi everyone, I am trying to print out my new brochures and am running into a little glitch that HP seems to think is a problem with Microsoft Publisher. Perhpas you can help... I used a color background under the title and on the print preview it looks great. When I print the page out though, the left border of the text box prints out a darker shade. Things I have tried: Made sure I did not have a border selected Deleted the text box and created a new one (you never know!) Checked to see if I had all the latest updates from HP and Publisher I use Microsoft XP Small Business which ca...

How to change Me in contacts?
I've duplicate entries of my name in Contacts. If I go to delete one of them I get an error message that says that entry is designated as "Me" and to select another entry in the contact menu and designate that as Me. I can select another entry, but I don't see the menu where you designate it as Me. Can you help? Ken > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3211449061_1620476 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Color seps question
Hi Everyone still lurking here in the background..picking up whatever i can. today i am stumped... pub2000 document contains 1 eps and text- 2color separations needed i formatted eps to pantone process black and process cyan (both cvu),then changed the text to thier corresponding (cvu) colors in the pub doc commecial printing tools: cmyk or spot colors produce the same results; when i print to file and distill to a pdf the eps separates fine, the black text separates ok, but the cvu cyan text when printed to postscript output device separates wit cyan, magenta and yellow. I am using Mac...

Date 1 field not updating automatically
I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to Now () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project file or save it. Is there any way to automatically have this field update to the current date? I am away from Project at the moment to try this, but if you turn on automatic computation Menu: Tool/Options (and one of the tabs) does this do it automatically to refresh the now() function? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 20:47, dtksocal wrote: > I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the form...

outlook automatically removes attachments
I am running XP Pro with Outlook. If someone sends me an email with a URL link or jpg attached, Outlook removes the attachment, I guess, because it thinks it is a virus. How do I stop this annoying feature? ...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

How to change the default language of excell 2003 sp1?
When I start the Excell application, it starts in English. How can I change that default to something else (my case, Hebrew). Thnks, Asaf ...

Applescript to change shadeding color

Event 8213 Error code: 0xc007052e after changing administrator pw
I am getting event Event 8213 Error code: 0xc007052e on my exchange 2003 server. This started after we changed our administrator password. Is there somewhere that I cas update the password? "RaptorsFan" <RaptorsFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting event Event 8213 Error code: 0xc007052e on my exchange 2003 >server. This started after we changed our administrator password. Is there >somewhere that I cas update the password? All of the Exchangeservices run under the Local System account. Changing the password of a user should have no effect ...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...