Gradient of curve

How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulativ
frequency curve

Use LINEST to find the equation of best fit.
Differentiate the equation and evaluate at the points of interest.
Bernard

"loz-quiches" <loz-quiches.xeg2b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulative
> frequency curve?

bliengme1 (122)

Gradient
Hi, I am trying to change the gradient to the background of my chart. I want to start with a blue on top and reduce the gradient so that eventually I have no colour at the bottom (i.e. white). I have found the gradient but the colour at the bottom is still a very light blue. Any advice? You need to tell us which version of PowerPoint. Gradients are very different in 2007. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Caz" wrote: > Hi, > > I...

bell curve charts
Hello all, I'd like to know how to make a bell curve chart, which when given a single monetry amount and a time line, can disperse the amount over the specified time line in a bell curve. Any help would be much appreciated. :) A wrote on Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:15:01 -0700: > I'd like to know how to make a bell curve chart, which when > given a single monetry amount and a time line, can disperse > the amount over the specified time line in a bell curve. I don't think you are providing sufficient information or perhaps you should try again to say what you want. A nor...

draw a curve in Publisher
It can't be this hard! I'm making a flow chart in Publisher. How can I make a perfect curve? Partially covering an autoshape with another frame won't work because it's going on the top layer. Although Visio is ideal for doing flowcharts, you can create a curve with Autoshapes. Whether it's "perfect" is up to you to decide. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2669FB9-093E-4E85-B2BF-EAC58E65E3FB@microsoft.com...

gradient
How do we create a gradient for a straight line and at the same time calculate the value of the gradient? If you know the equation of the line, it will be in the form of y=m*x+c. m is the gradient. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <38dc01c3fdcd$8732eb10$a301280a@phx.gbl>, qssymm_jnwk@myrealbox.ocm says... > How do we create a gradient for a straight line and at the > same time calculate the value of the gradient? > If you are asking how to estimate the slope ...

transperency gradient
If I use a transparency fill it displays fine but will not print. I don't think this is a printer driver issue as I get the same output on laser, inkjet and PDF. The only way I can print is by saving to JPG, then creating a new page, importing the JPG and then it prints fine. Slight loss of quality by doing this, and also it's a hassle for doing draft prints for clients. Any ideas??? ...

Gradients
I've inserted a dotted line into my publication. I'm trying to get a colour gradient along the line, i.e. each dot is a slightly lighter colour from left to right. I can get a gradient within each dot but not along the line. Is it possible to do this with Publisher? Robin Mary, It took me a while to get around to trying this since I had a HD crash to deal with. That's now behind me, I now have a larger HD and more RAM which I've needed for a while. I tried following your instructions today, unsuccessfully. I only got as far as ungrouping the .wmf file. When I t...

Fill Gradients
In Pub2000 I can create a fill gradient that is like a wave but this does not appear to be available in Pub2003. Does it exist adn if so where do I look I've tried to find a gradient you said looks like a wave. Nothing looked like a wave to me. Can you send a Pub 2000 with that gradient to me and I'll see if I can find it? Were you able to find the gradients in Pub 2003? There are much nice options in the newer version but if you know what you want, you KNOW what you want. If you want to send a file to me, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsof...

Predefined gradients
Hello, Not a VB request but a related one... I have found a nice OCX for creating vb6 gradient forms from any 2 colors, but I want to present my users a set of predefined gradients templates to pick from Do you know where can I find a set of some 10 "professional" gradients patterns with their respective defined 2 RGB colors? I can of course experiment but do not feel to have the proper feel for for that Thanks Avi When not just let your customers pick their own two colours? -- Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT Free usenet access at http://www.ete...

Cell Gradient
I have cells a1 thru v1 merged into one cell and would like to format with colored a background with a gradient from light to dark from, left to right. Is there anyway to do this with excel or any add on software? Thanks for the help:rolleyes: -- dtutterow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dtutterow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28915 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486596 ...

Pub 2003 One Color Gradient Changes in PDF
I have selected a one color gradient (horizontal) from the fill effects box, with dark at top and bottom, fading into the center of the page. This is a background that fills the page behind text and a photo. It will bleed, so I need the darkest part at top and bottom. The gradient looks terrific on the screen, but when I convert the file to PDF, the gradient reverses itself - the darkest part is in the middle of the page, and it fades toward the top and bottom. I have tried saving the text box (the only thing in it is the gradient fill) as a PNG and reinserting. When I converted that ...

circle gradient
I created a document in Publisher 2000 that included a 2 color gradient starteing as a circle in the center and then fading out from there. When I open the document in Publisher 2003, the center shape is a square. I cannot find any option in 2003 to start with a circle. Am I missing something simple? -- Randy Fill, fill effects, from center. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D60F86D7-7760-40FD-916D-D141D140805D@microsoft.com... >I...

Curve Fitting to Data
Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a data series? Charlie - Bernard Liengme has an example on his web site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Charlie Webb wrote: > Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a > data series? ...

Painting the Blue Gradient BackGround of the Windows TitleBar
Is there any simple way to accomplish this? Never mind. "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:m8bEg.69$Tl4.40@dukeread06... > Is there any simple way to accomplish this? > > Never mind. How did you achieve it? --- Ajay Just replicate the semi gradient pixels horizontally across the background from the set of fixed values. "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1155613377.419292.72700@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >> Never mind. > > How did you achieve it? > > --- > Ajay > ...

distribution curve (skewness)
Hi all, How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) which skew to th left or right?Thank -- hendr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hendra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56353 The normal distribution is not skewed. The gamma distribution is skewed, and Excel will calculate its probability density function. Jerry "hendra" wrote: > > Hi all, > > How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) whic...

Gradient of curve
How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulativ frequency curve ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use LINEST to find the equation of best fit. Differentiate the equation and evaluate at the points of interest. Bernard "loz-quiches" <loz-quiches.xeg2b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:loz-quiches.xeg2b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulative > f...

how to plot ONE x-y curve of two datas with different x values?
I have this data: x: (1.1) (3.6) (6.0) (7.5) (9.2) ... y: (4.2) (5.6) (6.3) (9.4) (9.6) ... and this data: x: (2.3) (3.2) (5.4) (6.7) (7.2) ... y: (1.2) (2.4) (3.3) (6.4) (8.9) ... Now I want a x-y chart with a SINGLE smooth curve, showing the average result of these two datas. By average, I mean that, suppose I have two curves, I want a curve which is always in the middle of them. As you can see, my problem is that the x data is not very regular, and the x data of both datas usually do not coincide. Thanks! You need to create a single table of all your x values, and interpolate to find th...

Gradient color
Hi, I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should work in all browsers (If i use filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in IE). Please help me to solve this isse. Thanks, Jay jaydev wrote: > I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft > site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should work > in all browsers (If i use > filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in > IE). Please help me to sol...

VB Code to Change the Color on boxes
I can not figure out how to select a box and change the background color gradient to one of the standard selections? Any suggestions? What is a "box"? Do you mean a "cell"? Home>Format>Format Cells>Fill>Fill Effects. Pick a gradient. If to be done automatically, when do you want this done and for which cell or cells? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:33:01 -0800, Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not figure out how to select a box and change the background color >gradient to one of the sta...

Painting a gradient in control
How would I get a GradientFill to draw under all the items of a list control (i.e. behave like a background), instead of overwriting whatever exists in the control, and then being over written again by clicking on an item??! Thanks in advance, Martin ...

printing text box gradient fill
My text box with a gradient fill looks great on the screen but prints with a solid fill color not with the gradient. Gradient printing has always been problematic in Publisher. Create a rectangle the size of your text box, fill it with your gradient choice, no line, copy/paste special as an image format of your choice, put the image behind your text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Curve Fitting #2
I have a need to develop an equation that fits X=f(x & z) data...Thanx It is possible that Solver could help. Give more info. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Tayseer" <Tayseer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043801BC-E237-41AA-A611-F7567DC56A3F@microsoft.com... >I have a need to develop an equation that fits X=f(x & z) data...Thanx ...

Publisher 2003 gradients
Hi. What has happened to the shaped gradients that were available in earleir versions of Publisher? I can't find tham in Pub 2003. Can anyone help, please? Thanks Misha Microsoft decided that it was in your interests you no longer needed them along with a substantial number of other excellent features they have removed from different versions. I am mortified and disgusted that mortals like you question the decisions that Microsoft make and take at great pain and expense on your behalf. Who the hell do you think you are questioning their decisions? The next thing you will be trying to ...

Color gradient problem on X-Y chart
I used a top-to-bottom color gradient on an X-Y chart (formatted as a thick line, with no markers) – lower value line regions were red; middle values orange and high values, at top of chart, were green. It looked great… until it was opened on 2 other PCs (same OS & Office version), where the gradient is somehow corrupted: Instead of the color gradient progressing from the bottom to top of the chart, it changes too quickly along the line, then starts to repeat part-way up the line. This pattern continues, resulting in a mixture of colors at different heights on the chart; s...

Can you plot individual numbers on a bell curve in excel, and how.
I have created a bell curve in excel with the mean and std. dev. and now need to plot the actual values as they fall along the curve. Does anyone know how I can plot these??? you have to put actual values in columns: 1 1 2 1 3 2 4 8 5 10 (pretty sharp bell curve, but you get the idea) 6 7 7 2 8 2 9 1 10 1 ...

How to activate transparency sliders to a gradient
I want to soften gradient fills by using the transparency sliders, but they are not active. What are you filling? I can't duplicate this issue. Even if I select a bitmap the sliders work, of course nothing happens. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "just ducky" <justducky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FCFECAE-4A10-4B4E-B497-13840D70CA9C@microsoft.com... >I want to soften gradient fills by using the transparency sliders, but they > are not active. In a newsletter for print, I am selecting an Oval, going to fill effects menu, choosing...