gnatt chart in excel?!

Hi
Im trying to create a schedule of classes in different locations.  I would
like to have them displayed in a “gnatt chart”, however im having difficulty
trying to get the chart wizard to make it for me.

The classes are scheduled at different dates, run for different lengths of
time and are in different locations.  There will also be classes in different
locations at the same time.

Is it possible to display this sort of data in a chart form in excel, and if
it is, how do I do it?  I can leave the start & finish times out, it is the
dates and the class numbers that are the most important

Data sample:

Class #	Start Date	  Days of Week	Times (To – From)	Finish Date
1	3 April 06	  Mon - Thurs	6:30pm – 9:00pm	13 April 06
2	15 April 06	  Sat & Sun                9:00am – 4:00pm	16 April 06
3	17 April 06	   Mondays		6:30pm – 9:30pm	15 May 06
4	15 April 06	    Sat - Thurs	6:30pm – 8:00pm	19 April 06

Im using a stacked bar graph at the moment and the data is all over the
place!  Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mary

0
meris (1)

Hi,

Jon Peltier has an article on gantt charts,
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343

and a collection of links on his own site,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

Cheer
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Symbols in Excel Charts
I am in the process of plotting 2 series in a Bar chart. Each observation in the series can have a value of 0 to infinity. My problem is I need a symbol to represent an 'Infinity' in the chart. How do I do this? I can do it manually by cutting and pasting a symbol, but it's just too much of a waste of time. Thanks Where do you want this infinity symbol to go? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Symbols in Charts wrote: > I am in the process of plotting 2 series in a Ba...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Borders and shades prossible with Excell?
It is possible to create quickly an excell table with borders and shadings (with rows darkened and lightened alternatively) like it can be done with Word Tables? Hi Select your table and try Format/Autoformat. There are a few variations in there that may suit. Andy. "Octavio" <octavioven@msn.com> wrote in message news:eXh%239VlUGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > It is possible to create quickly an excell table with borders and shadings > (with rows darkened and lightened alternatively) like it can be done with > Word Tables? > > This will do the e...

"create chart" is not active
I want to create a chart but the chart functions are not active. What could be causing this? Hi, protected worksheet/workbook grouped sheets Shared workbook Cheers Andy Charles wrote: > I want to create a chart but the chart functions are not active. What could > be causing this? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Access/Excel 97 Macro Error -After Upgrading to Win2000 Pro
Hi i call Excel 97 from Access97 to perform a data export to Excel. since upgrading to Win2000, if the macro is ran as Administrator, then no problems..! when run by a user with only Domain User rights.. the macro still runs but it brings up the DNS Data Source screen... the user then must select MS Access driver from the list.... and enter 'Admin' in the user name... if this is done, the Excel sheet is created ok..! if not, the sheet is still created but with no data attached..!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Function LeadsToExcel...

Formulas in Chart Titles Axis Titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there way to have Chart Titles and Axis Titles have formulas that calculate the resultant text? robbbo - As far as I know, the appropriate method is to have the formula (that constructs the text) in a worksheet cell so that the title is a reference to a single cell. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <robbbo@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb8c23.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there way to have Char...

sin function in Excel
Why doesn't the sin function in Excel give me the same result for sIn(2*pi()), sin(4*pi()), sin(6*pi()), etc? The values (aprox -2.4E-16, -4.90E-16, -7.35E-16) are all to be interpreted as 0 since Excel has a precision of 15 decimal places. This is not just an Excel problem, it arises from the way computer convert decimal values to binary (base 10 numbers to base 2 numbers) with a finite number of bytes. For more info read these: Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113/en-us (Complete) Tutorial to Understand IEEE Floating-P...

"cannot shift objects off sheet" Excel message
Hi-first off if you write please only use one 't' on net in my email address...(flash.net) I am trying to hide some calculation cells, and all unused rows below the cells, in a spreadsheet, but setting the height to zero....when I select the rows to hide (e.g. 100- 65536) I get the message in the subject box. When I do this in 'chunks', my 100kb file gets turned into a 2 MB file.... I have to hide cells this way since this is a Crystal Ball template... any ideas appreciated Thanks JB in TX On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:13:54 -0700, "JB in Texas" <jbrown6@flash...

Migrating from Excel 2002 to Excel 2003
Hello, Our company is finally moving from Office 2002 (Excel) to Office 2003 (Excel) and I am wondering if there will be any problems, issues using Excel 2003 from files created from Excel 2002. I don't think so unless an Active X is embedded in a marco or in the actual file. Any tips or know issues will be appreciated. Thank you advance. I don't think you'll have any problems migrating from xl2002 to xl2003. Remember that if you're supporting both versions, it's better to do your development in the oldest version of excel--just to make sure you don't dep...

Delay everything in Gnatt Chart and PETT chart by 2 weeks
I am currently working on this Gnatt Chart and PETT Chart using Visio 2003. So I draw out everything already. And it is a long huge chart. Anyway, my boss wants me to now delay everything by 2 weeks. Is there a way for me to do it? My office has the entire office suite. So is there anyway for me to do this? ...

Chart formatting question
I hope this is the correct forum. I have a set of data as follows which is charted using a vertical bar chart. Each product has three possible costs depending on customer incentives. The charts initial set up has the three from group A color shaded red, then the three from group B color shaded blue, Group C's three elements are shaded green. As the data shows Group a is the lowest cost then B then C. When we put a customer incentive on one group say B som of the costs actually price below those of A. I want to then resort the underlying data so that the the chart always goes fro...

EXCEL: How do I format a cell to have mulitple bullets?
Within a cell I'm attempting to create a number of bullets e.g. 1) get tickets, 2) get money, 3) take out dog Visually can I create a list which would look like: 1) get tickets, 2) get money, 3) take out dog The way I've done it for years was to force a wrap by adding spaces. There must be another way. HELP didn't provide any clues. Press ALT+ENTER after each bullet and resize column width, if necessary. Original message: > > Within a cell I'm attempting to create a number of bullets e.g. > 1) get tickets, 2) get money, 3) take out dog > > Visually can I...

Charting with empty columns in between
Let's say the data is Particulars Frequency q 5 w - e 6 r 7 While drawing a chart, it should not show wth column when it is 0, otherwise it should take it into consideration. How ? Replace the empty cell by =NA() which displays as #N/A and is ignored by the chart engine OR Click on the chart and open (in Excel 2003) Tools | Option | Chart and specify how empty cells are to be treated. Similar option in Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

Gnatt Chart
I have the following data. (Duration2 = Duration x 0.000694) (0.000694 = decimal equivalent of 1 minute) A1 B1 End Duration Duration2 Activity 1 5:30 AM 6:15 AM 45 0.03123 Activity 2 6:15 AM 6:45 AM 30 0.02082 Activity 3 6:45 AM 6:50 AM 5 0.00347 Activity 4 6:50 AM 7:04 AM 9 0.006246 Activity 5 6:59 AM 7:04 AM 5 0.00347 Activity 6 7:04 AM 7:19 AM 15 0.01041 Activity 7 7:19 AM 7:44 AM 5 0.00347 Activity 8 7:24 AM 7:44 AM 20 0.01388 Activity 9 7:44 AM 8:04 AM 20 0.01388 Activity 10 8:04 AM 8:09 AM 5 0.00347 Activity 11 8:09 AM 8:29 AM 20 0.01388 I am taking the following steps. 1. Insert ch...

how write excel formula numbers in column => &=< between 20-40
How do I write formula for numbers in a column and I want the numbers that equal to and greater than AND equal to and less than. Ex. all numbers in a column between 20 and 40. Thanks for any help. Ron, Assuming your number to test is in cell A1, add this formula to B1 or some other cell: =IF(A1>=20,IF(A1<=40,"In Range","Out of Range")) ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "ron" wrote: > How do I write formula for numbers in a column and I want the numbers that > equal to and greater than AND equal to and less than. Ex. all num...

Excel #125
The "X" in the upper right hand corner is greyed out. It is colored until we open a file then it grey's out. Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:35:03 -0700, "Amcbeth" <Amcbeth@discussions.microsoft.co...

Adding subtitles to chart title
I am trying to add a subtitle centered below the title on a pie chart in Excel. How do I do this? Select the chart Start typing your subtitle text (you'll see it in the formula bar as you type) Press the Enter key Move the text box from the centre of the chart to below the title, and format it, using the toolbar buttons. BrendaC wrote: > I am trying to add a subtitle centered below the title on a pie chart in > Excel. How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Copy and Paste : Excel to Access
We're having a problem with copying and pasting. We receive data from colleges in an Excel spreadsheet and one of the columns is a 13-digit number, many of which appear in the data as numbers with exponents (e.g. 3.11E+11) When we copy and paste the table to Access, a substantial number of these values seem to get messed up - the example above can appears as 0311000000000 rather than 0311780123456 We have a workaround so that if we format the cells to a custom number format of 0000000000000, then the numbers appear to transfer OK, but I am keen to understand why this is happening. Afte...

smart charts
Is it possible to have a chart's source data cover ten series, but to chart only the series where values are populated, i.e. if there is no value and just blank text, it wont be charted? I'd like the entire chart including the legend to be smart enough to exclude those series. is there any way to do this? Help would be greatly appreciated! thanks, Dave No, not at the series level -- well, at least not without VBA programming. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <BD...

chart Templates in Excel
Hi, am creating some chart templates (2007) and am wondering if anyone knows if the chart size can be included in this. ...

charts #6
Hi, I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on line chart. So when i created same the chart made is small and cant be properly displayed. What i need is ome sort of scroll bars at ends so that at one time i can show say 10-15 dates' data and scroll to show others.... pl help... try this url http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0FE3172-2ACD-4D79-B08C-81327F961A2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on > line ...

Excel need help

Organisation Chart
Hi I've written a solution in VB 6.0 via visio 2000 that creates org charts and exports them to our intranet. I do it this way as i have more control over everything This works fine when you run it from the command line and you are logged in. (charts are produced and exported) But when i try to run it via an XML web service (using shell method) it just hangs, this happens when i try to bring in the organisation chart template, the server beeps (no event logs) and i only get an error when i go on the server and kill the visio task the web service is set up to run as an authenticat...

Pivot Chart and combination with another chart
Is it possible to combine pivot chart and to input another one ? For example: I make one pivot chart - some item consumption every day but I need to input some target level to be reached .. it means how to combine these two charts to show how it is pivot chart reaching daily a target ? Thanks / Juraj ...

SQL Server Link from Excel
I have a spreadsheet and am trying to link several cells to a SQL Server database and am getting error messages. The error messages are SQL Server Error 6 and 11001. I know the server name and password are correct. Any ideas? ...