GET.CHART.ITEM returning strange results

I have some functionality written in VB that I am re-writing in C#, but I am
getting a different result from the GET.CHART.ITEM macro for the exact same
chart series point.  This is running in Excel 2003.

An example:

VB CODE: --> result is 337.5

Dim returnValue as variant

Series.points(1).select

returnValue = Application. ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.CHART.ITEM(1,1)")

C# CODE: --> result is 309.25

Series.points(1).select

object returnValue = _application.ExecuteExcel4Macro(("GET.CHART.ITEM(1,1)");

Another interesting note is that I run the same C# code on the same chart
point in Excel 2007 and I get another result again!  (196)

I understand this macro to be the following:

                /*

                 *GET.CHART.ITEM (x_y_index, point_index, item_text)

                 *

                 * Returns the vertical or horizontal position of a point on
a chart item.

                 * Position is measured in points; a point is 1/72nd of an
inch.

                 *

                 * x_y_index    1=horizontal   2 = vertical

                 * point_index  1=lower         2 = upper or right

                 * item_text    i.e. "PLOT" would be the plot area.  We
leave this out so it takes the selection

                 */

So I should be getting the horizontal lower point of the selected point in
the series.

Why would I be getting different results?

Thanks,

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

copy and past chart 11-21-07
I have 22 employees. I have created 22 different queries for different performance data. From these I want to creat a chart for each employee. Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the same in appearance. I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this? I successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source fo...

Chart overlay and joined secondary chart
I created a hi-low-close stock chart with excel, but would like to add an independent indicator on top of the main chart without disturbing the axis scale on the main chart. So my first question is: can I make an overlay chart? Secondly, if I decide to add another indicator below the original chart, is there a way to join the two charts, so the data will be aligned? Thanks Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html It may be possible to create a combination chart, which is usually a better solution than trying to overlay them. Chee...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

A Crystal Beginner

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

Very strange problem with Outlook folders
I recently spent a whole lot of time going through the 750+ messages in my inbox and sorting them into 5 folders: two for retention (long term, short term) and three for response (high priority, medium priority and low priority). Of course I deleted some of them as well. The two retention folders pre-existed this process, but the three response folders were created at this time. A few weeks after completing all that work, I was keeping my inbox nice and small (<20 messages) by moving them into those 5 folders as I received them. I was logged onto the network (I use a laptop and I trave...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Prepaid items
I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I do *not* want it to be a $$ credit. IOW, the credits are only good on prints - NOT on other merchandise. Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS? Thanks! Gary You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers -- "Gary" wrote: > I have a ret...

Get paid while you get online!!

Removal of Entity Navigational Pane Items
Can anyone spread any light on this problem please?? I have no need of the Existing Products, or Write-in Products menu items within Invoice and Orders. Does anyone know how to remove them?? And also reorder that list. Many thanks in advance Ben I too had to do this. To achieve it, I ended up adding some client code to OnLoad event for the form (ewww): /* hide Write-In Products */ document.all.navWriteInProducts.style.display = "none"; I'd be thrilled to learn of a better solution, but I hope that helps, Jacob. "Ben" wrote: > Can anyone spread any ligh...

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

How do I get??