Full chart view?

When I have the verticle axis set to automatic on the Min & Max range it
usually shows a huge distance on the chart because it generally defaults to
0. If the data is 55-100, the chart will start at 0 at the bottom and the
55-100 will be toward the top scrunching the data. Seems like it should size
up the data to best fit everything when on the auto setting. I don't want to
use a fixed setting because if the data changes then I run into a similar
problem. Is there a way to either change the default settings so the charts
will automatically size themselves, or something else I can do to make this
work for me?
--
Thank you!

Hi, tried psoting my reply but seems to have some problems. Press "Alt"+"F11"
to open the visual basic. Then at the left you will see VBAProject (Name of
your workbook"). Right click at that and insert a new module. Copy the code
into the new module and close VBA. Click on the chart that you want to change
and press "Alt"+"F8" to open the macros selection. Click on the appropriate
macros and run it.

"ck13" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I faced this problem and found a solution but you need to use macro.
>
> Sub AutoScaleYAxes()
>     Dim ValuesArray(), SeriesValues As Variant
>     Dim Ctr As Integer, TotCtr As Integer
>     With ActiveChart
>         For Each X In .SeriesCollection
>             SeriesValues = X.Values
>             ReDim Preserve ValuesArray(1 To TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues))
>             For Ctr = 1 To UBound(SeriesValues)
>                 ValuesArray(Ctr + TotCtr) = SeriesValues(Ctr)
>             Next
>             TotCtr = TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues)
>         Next
>         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True
>         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScaleIsAuto = True
>         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale = Application.Min(ValuesArray)
>         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = Application.Max(ValuesArray)
>     End With
> End Sub
>

> Another way you can do is try this method by Jon Peltier
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> I have not tried his method but it should work fine as I have very good
> experience using his other solutions to my charting problems.
>
> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > When I have the verticle axis set to automatic on the Min & Max range it
> > usually shows a huge distance on the chart because it generally defaults to
> > 0. If the data is 55-100, the chart will start at 0 at the bottom and the
> > 55-100 will be toward the top scrunching the data. Seems like it should size
> > up the data to best fit everything when on the auto setting. I don't want to
> > use a fixed setting because if the data changes then I run into a similar
> > problem. Is there a way to either change the default settings so the charts
> > will automatically size themselves, or something else I can do to make this
> > work for me?
> > --
> > Thank you!
I have a volume-Open-High-Low-Close chart that I am using this on and it made
the volume extend to the top of the chart, but the price pattern didn't move?
Any more helpful suggestions?
--

"ck13" wrote:

> Hi, tried psoting my reply but seems to have some problems. Press "Alt"+"F11"
> to open the visual basic. Then at the left you will see VBAProject (Name of
> your workbook"). Right click at that and insert a new module. Copy the code
> into the new module and close VBA. Click on the chart that you want to change
> and press "Alt"+"F8" to open the macros selection. Click on the appropriate
> macros and run it.
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Were do I need to put the macro? I tried placing it in the workbook and in
> > the sheet view code, but doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
> > --
> > Thank you!
> >

> > "ck13" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I faced this problem and found a solution but you need to use macro.
> > >
> > > Sub AutoScaleYAxes()
> > >     Dim ValuesArray(), SeriesValues As Variant
> > >     Dim Ctr As Integer, TotCtr As Integer
> > >     With ActiveChart
> > >         For Each X In .SeriesCollection
> > >             SeriesValues = X.Values
> > >             ReDim Preserve ValuesArray(1 To TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues))
> > >             For Ctr = 1 To UBound(SeriesValues)
> > >                 ValuesArray(Ctr + TotCtr) = SeriesValues(Ctr)
> > >             Next
> > >             TotCtr = TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues)
> > >         Next
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScaleIsAuto = True
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale = Application.Min(ValuesArray)
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = Application.Max(ValuesArray)
> > >     End With
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > Another way you can do is try this method by Jon Peltier
> > > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
> > >
> > > I have not tried his method but it should work fine as I have very good
> > > experience using his other solutions to my charting problems.

I tried this and works fine accept it changes the primary values. Is it
possible to have this change the secondary values instead?

"ck13" wrote:

> Hi, tried psoting my reply but seems to have some problems. Press "Alt"+"F11"
> to open the visual basic. Then at the left you will see VBAProject (Name of
> your workbook"). Right click at that and insert a new module. Copy the code
> into the new module and close VBA. Click on the chart that you want to change
> and press "Alt"+"F8" to open the macros selection. Click on the appropriate
> macros and run it.
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Were do I need to put the macro? I tried placing it in the workbook and in
> > the sheet view code, but doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
> > --
> > Thank you!
> >

> > "ck13" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I faced this problem and found a solution but you need to use macro.
> > >
> > > Sub AutoScaleYAxes()
> > >     Dim ValuesArray(), SeriesValues As Variant
> > >     Dim Ctr As Integer, TotCtr As Integer
> > >     With ActiveChart
> > >         For Each X In .SeriesCollection
> > >             SeriesValues = X.Values
> > >             ReDim Preserve ValuesArray(1 To TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues))
> > >             For Ctr = 1 To UBound(SeriesValues)
> > >                 ValuesArray(Ctr + TotCtr) = SeriesValues(Ctr)
> > >             Next
> > >             TotCtr = TotCtr + UBound(SeriesValues)
> > >         Next
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScaleIsAuto = True
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale = Application.Min(ValuesArray)
> > >         .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = Application.Max(ValuesArray)
> > >     End With
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > Another way you can do is try this method by Jon Peltier
> > > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
> > >
> > > I have not tried his method but it should work fine as I have very good
> > > experience using his other solutions to my charting problems.

You will need to amend the VBA. I am not strong in this so you might need to
post your questions. This discussion group is going to close on 1st June. So
i strongly advise you not to post your question here. post it in this forum
instead. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=1

This is where I managed to get help from others to amend the VBA i gave you
to include secondary axis.

"Doug" wrote:

> I tried this and works fine accept it changes the primary values. Is it
> possible to have this change the secondary values instead?
>

> "ck13" wrote:
>
> > Hi, tried psoting my reply but seems to have some problems. Press "Alt"+"F11"
> > to open the visual basic. Then at the left you will see VBAProject (Name of
> > your workbook"). Right click at that and insert a new module. Copy the code
> > into the new module and close VBA. Click on the chart that you want to change
> > and press "Alt"+"F8" to open the macros selection. Click on the appropriate
> > macros and run it.
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > Were do I need to put the macro? I tried placing it in the workbook and in
> > > the sheet view code, but doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
> > > --
> > > Thank you!

Thanks for your help

"ck13" wrote:

> You will need to amend the VBA. I am not strong in this so you might need to
> post your questions. This discussion group is going to close on 1st June. So
> i strongly advise you not to post your question here. post it in this forum
> instead. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=1
>
> This is where I managed to get help from others to amend the VBA i gave you
> to include secondary axis.
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > I tried this and works fine accept it changes the primary values. Is it
> > possible to have this change the secondary values instead?
> >

> > "ck13" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, tried psoting my reply but seems to have some problems. Press "Alt"+"F11"
> > > to open the visual basic. Then at the left you will see VBAProject (Name of
> > > your workbook"). Right click at that and insert a new module. Copy the code
> > > into the new module and close VBA. Click on the chart that you want to change
> > > and press "Alt"+"F8" to open the macros selection. Click on the appropriate
> > > macros and run it.

few confusing things about Full-Text Search queries
hi I=92ve started learning FULL-TEXT Search queries ( using Sql server 2008 ) and I did try to find the answers to my questions by running various queries and see how they behave, but then not even the simplest of queries returned the results I=92ve expected, so=85 1) From Msdn: =93<simple_term> - Specifies a match for an exact word or a phrase. Examples of valid simple terms are "blue berry", blueberry, and "Microsoft SQL Server". Phrases should be enclosed in double quotation marks (""). Words in a phrase must appear in the same order ...

my chart worksheets in Excel 2007 are totally blank. Please help
When I open an Exfel 2007 workbook, my worksheets that contain Excel charts are totally blank! In addition, the ribbons are totally grayed out. Help!! I hope someone could help in this regard. I have Office 2007 Pro. When I remove any chart from being embedded in a sheet to a standalone worksheet, it disappears. I tried this on different graph types. This problem occurs with previous versions of Excel workbooks or newly created ones with 2007. "Steph" wrote: > When I open an Exfel 2007 workbook, my worksheets that contain Excel charts > are totally blank! In addi...

toggling a chart on and off
Hello! I use Excel 2000. I have a macro that creates a chart. I assigned this macro to a autoshape. When I am done looking at the chart I have to delete it Isn't there a way to make things in such a way that I could just toggl the chart to appear and dissapear? For example with an additional macr or toggle button or something... This is how the macro looks like: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 25.2.2004 by Registered User ' ' Range("B3:J3,B5:J5").Select Range("B5").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered Acti...

3D or surface chart
I hope I can explain this well enough for someone to help me. I would like to create a surface chart from data that represents th dimensions of a light beam that passes from an exit point, to a foca point, and finally through an entrance point. To clarify, the light beam is a point that actually has some horizonta and vertical dimension that I'm able to measure at three points alon it's path, at the exit, focal, and entrance points. Here's an example of the kind of information I have: I can define one axis (x-axis) as the distance between the exit an entrance points of the bea...

Real-time update of chart using a Spin Button
Excel 2003: If I use a spin button (form control) to update a cell in the series of a line (or bar) chart, the chart does not update until I 'let go' of the spin button. i.e. I click and hold on the spin button and the data is updated in the relevant cell in the spreadsheet, but the chart will only update when I stop 'spinning'. Today, I have seen the updating of a bar/line chart as described above, but the chart updated in real-time whilst the spin button was held down. The author of that demo was not aware that he had done anything special to achieve that effect, and...

hard drive too full after reinstalling XP
For numerous reasons, I did a full reinstall from XP Pro on up. There were two partitions, one that had a significant amount of data and one miniscule. I kept the partitions and wiped out the old info and loaded the new - at least that's what the windows were walking me through "Warning this will wipe out all previous versions...." To make a long story short, I have completely restored the laptop with minimal programs. All the Microsoft updates including SP3, have been loaded. When I went to check my disk usage in "my computer" the disk is half full! How is...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

Combination Chart #3
I would like to know the procedure for creating a combination chart with more than three data series and only one data series represented by a line. In this particular case my end result should be five data series represented by bars and one data series represented by a line. Theres's gotta be a way! Thakns. - dave Make a column chart with all the data. Right-click on the series that you want as a line. Choose Chart Type Select Line category, and one of the subtypes Click OK Jon Peltier has information on creating your own combination charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel...

Outlook full
How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 gig limit? I permanently deleted files but did not affect the size of .pst very much. Can you split up the .pst into smaller batches? A .pst for each year perhaps? >-----Original Message----- >How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 >gig limit? I permanently deleted files but did not >affect the size of .pst very much. >. > >How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 gig limit? I >permanently deleted files but did not affect the size of .pst very >much. Hav...

Inbox View Issue
I have Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I am in my inbox I like to be able to view the following fields: Header Status, Importance, Icon, Attachment, From, Categories, Subject, Received, and Flag Status. Often I get emails with very long subject lines and I cannot view the subject due to space limitations. Is there a way to allow the subject line to word wrap? I don't like the multi line layout because it does not let me see all of the fields I want. Any suggestions? ...

Trying to add resource allocation data to a gantt chart built in E
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. I've been asked to create a one-page report that shows major projects and work assignments, and their durations over a period of time so we can see where they overlap and competing for resources. So I created a gantt chart in Excel using the stacked horizontal bar chart feature with the data as the task/start date/duration to create the bars (I got this neat trick from this YouTube video, believe it or not...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwE0Xv1lAA.) Now, I need to overlay percentage of resource allocations for several teams in different colors ...

adding chart after the last sheet
if I have a code statement ActiveWorkbook.Charts.Add before:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) a chart sheet is added as the penultimate sheet. even if I replace the term <before> by <after>, the chart is added only as the penultmate sheet and NOT as the last sheet. why? I never noticed that. A worksheet is added at the end, as expected. You could use a two-step approach: activeworkbook.Charts.Add activechart.Move _ After:=activeworkbook.Sheets(activeworkbook.Sheets.Count) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom S...

"Contact list full" Error message, but contact list is not full.
Hi, I am trying to add a new contact and it keeps saying my contact list is full (I have around 100 people on there). I delete people and still get the same message, I have even delete people out of my network on windows live, but still the same. I have had this problem for a couple of days now. Anyone help? Greetings Charles, This is an on-going problem over the past few days, and unsure what exactly is going on. However, you are certainly not alone. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://...

Total number display in stacked charts
I have put together a stacked chart and have each section of it labeled with the appropriate value for it. I was wondering how to label above each bar on the chart its total amount of all sections. for example: bar 1 has a bottom section labeled 1570, middle labeled 185 and top section labeled 83. Without using a text box, how do I have the chart add the three sections to label 1838 above the bar to display the cumulative amount? Brianna - I show how to do this in my blog: Label Totals on Stacked Column Charts http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/label-totals-on-stacked-cha...

Advanced filter view
When customising a view of a task list and using the filter I can choose tasks with a due date in the last 7 days. Is there anyway I can make this the last 14 days? The SQL the 7 day option gives me is: %last7days("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/81050040")% and doesn't mean heads nor tails to me.... Thank you. Richard ...

viewing page 2 of receipt
How am I able to view page two of a receipt (page one being the credit card slip) w/o printing each receipt? Harry, Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right. Alternatively, you can zoom out with a right-double-click until you can see all of the pages, then zoom in on the page you want with a left-double click. Good luck, Matt "Harry" <Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8B4B351-ABB9-453F-8EF6-4F78EA7D38A8@microsoft.com... > How am I able to view page two of a receipt (page one being the credit card > slip) w/o printing each receipt? Thank you! "Matt&qu...

Access will report error and shutdown when attempting to view a re
Cannot view a record in database. receive faulting application msaccess.exe, faulting module vbe6.dll in application event viewer. Source: Microsoft Office 11, Event ID: 1000. PC is Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 and latest service packs. Rocks <Rocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cannot view a record in database. Is this one particular record? Using a form or table or query view? If a form is this all records or just one record. I ask because this could be a corrupt form or a corrupt record. See the Corrupt Records in a Microsoft Access MDB page at my website http...

4 variables scatter charting?
I need to make a scatter chart but have 4 variables. Can this be done in Excel? If you have 3 dependent variables which are a function of 1 independent variable, then it's easy, and it's the standard type of thing that the chart wizard expects to deal with. If you have 1 dependent variable which is a function of 3 dependent variables, then it's not so easy. You may need to explain further what you are trying to do. -- David Biddulph "ch33" <ch33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB7B8788-78E0-45C4-A29F-7773F5BF630C@microsoft.com... >I need...

How to move a sub window to full screen?
hi,all I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app. I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of desktop and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This is no problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window, it is different. ::GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768 ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6, right=1018 //Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title height. Why is it -44? MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see the window title. So, how to convert this ? Tha...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Chart Property Confusion
I have 12 charts objects, 4 per sheet, three sheets. I need to assign sequential numbers to each grouping of 4. When I hold CTRL+Shift then click on the chart and I try to change the chart name I’m running into problems. One grouping is named as follows; Chart 11, Chart 2, Chart 3, Chart 77. When I change Chart 77 to Chart 4, Chart 11 activates. How do I change these properties to what I want? Sincerely, Arturo Hi, Normally when you enter an exiting name into the name box and press enter it will take you to that item. Sounds like Chart 4 already exists or Excel is just confused. Pe...

View multiple print to screen windows
I have had numerous clients complain that they can view only one report that is printed to the screen at a time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5ebd454-...

Functionality Question: Can you have two views of a folder?
We're looking a building a project/knowledge management system & are considering the options within outlook. Ideally, I'd rather have a single calendar (or other folder) which has a view of certain projects for me; other projects for my co-workers, and sub-set of both for our boss. Obviously we'll need to be *able* to see the suppressed items, but normally wont. While reading "Outlook 2000: In a nutshell" by Syroid & Leuf (O'Reilly), I'm wondering if we could have a master calendar folder, and have other folders with filters applied that show a subset o...

DISK IS FULL
I have users who get disk is full message when tring to save excel file to a network drive. The drive has plenty of room 57G. The files are large 80meg and bigger with many links to other worksheets. ...

Overlapping Pie Charts
Is it possible to have one pie chart of a large radius and then a pie chart with smaller radius placed on top of the larger so the centers of the to pie charts coincide? Hi, Have a look here, http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm Cheers Andy marston.gould@alaskaair.com wrote: > Is it possible to have one pie chart of a large radius and then a pie > chart with smaller radius placed on top of the larger so the centers of > the to pie charts coincide? > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...