Free Tool Marimekko Charts?

Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko
Charts in Excel ...?

Depending on your comfort level with XL, you may or may not find it
easy to adapt Stephen Bullen's example of a variable width chart to
your needs (funchrt5 in
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting).

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <d0la2p$f3m$05$1@news.t-online.com>, rene.werner@t-online.de
says...
> Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko
> Charts in Excel ...?

Rene  -

Maybe you could adapt some of the methods describes by Jon Peltier at

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/VariableWidthColumns.html

-  Mike

www.mikemiddleton.com

"Ren� Werner" <rene.werner@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko
> Charts in Excel ...?

0
middleton (61)
3/9/2005 12:34:50 AM
Particularly this article, in which I simply called the chart a Matrix
Chart, which was the terminology of a client who used it.

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=508

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Michael R Middleton wrote:

> Rene  -
>
> Maybe you could adapt some of the methods describes by Jon Peltier at
>
> http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/VariableWidthColumns.html
>
> -  Mike
>
> www.mikemiddleton.com
>
> "Ren� Werner" <rene.werner@t-online.de> wrote in message
>
>>Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko
>>Charts in Excel ...?

Chart Tools
Hi all, Perplexing this! I have two workbooks containing the same Pivot chart. One workbook (the original) shows the Analyze Tab in Chart tools and the other (a copy) doesn't. There are no external links to the original from the copy and the data source and the underlying Pivot Table work fine. Any ideas? Thanks! Bony Doesn't it always happen! You post and then suddenly the answer emerges! The Pivot Chart in the copy was still linked to the Pivot Cache in the original workbook. Even though the External Links was blank, the link remained. I deleted the chart and recre...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

I cannot set the maximum date for the axis of a line chart
I have a line chart with a (horizontal) date axis along the bottom. Currently I have data from Sep-2002 to Sep-2009. All of this data is shown on the chart and the axes also go from Sep-2002 to Sep-2009. My problem is that I want to set the maximum of the date axis to an earlier date (say Jun-2008) hence hiding the later part of the data (without deleting the original data). But Excel 2007 will not let me do this (apparently). I have selected the axes and fixed the "maximum" date at an earlier date (like Jun-2008). Surprisingly, Excel leaves the axis exactly the s...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Resize chart data label
Hi, I have chart data labels that are displaying as one line in Excel but push over into two lines when paste/linked into a PowerPoint slide. Is there some way to force the labels to stay on one line? And as a general matter, is it possible to manipulate the size of the box containing the data label at all? I can select it but can't seem to resize manually. I also looked for info on this in VBA help but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards, Don Don - You cannot resize a data label, an axis title, or a chart title, even though it looks like a...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Any way to make line chart show null data points?
The subject titles doesn't really explain this - I saw a similar subject to this on this forum yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a line chart, it doesn't matter how many series I have but I'm plotting lets say one series over 52 weeks of the year. If the data for the series stops before the end of the 52 weeks, I would like the line to stop. This works if I clear the contents of the cell (which I can do via macro but don't really want to, it's a big spreadsheet, lots of data to crunch to get to my final graph.) As others have said on the forum, if I ge...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

How do I create different scales on Excel charts?
I want to create two different scales in metric and imperial. Is this possible You can do this using primary and secondary axes. In order to get a secondary axis, you need a second series. It can be a dummy series formatted to be hidden. Before hiding it, however, double click on it, and on the Axis tab of the dialog select Secondary. Format the secondary axis as desired, and calculate the maximum scale value you need so that the axes properly line up. This will not occur automatically in Excel. You either need to do it manually or through use of a macro. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, M...

Outlook menu and tool bars freezing, and add-ins
In April 2004, "Alex" posted this: once in a while the toolbar/menubar (where File, Edit, Tools, etc menus are located & the Send/Receive, new, reply, forward buttons are located) just freezes. It does not react if i move the mouse over it & it does nothing if i click on one of the buttons, however the rest of outlook works fine... this usually goes away if i close & open outlook which i usually have to do thru end task... sometimes i even have to restart the PC to be able to use the menu again... There was never any remedy posted, and the topic has been removed by a mod...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S�nia Carvalho ...

How to change Series order in a Combination Chart?
I have 3 series of data in my chart: 1st two series are in a Stacked Column chart 3rd series is a Clustered Column Chart They are in the order as follows: Series2 Series1 Series3 (Where Series 2 is stacked on top of Series 1) I want to change the series order now as follows: Series2 Series3 Series1 I tried right clicking on my chart and went into Format Data Series - Series Order and change the Series order there. Nothing happens. Why is this not working? And, how do I change the series? Please help. P.S. I have gone through Jon Peltier's example ...

Missing HITB Reset Tool
I have tried 'sa' and my user, which is setup as the poweruser in Dynamics and the HITB reset tool does not exist in any module anywhere. I've tried manually adding it to my home page, but it's no where to be found to be run. The HITB dictionary does exist, so i can run the report, however, without the tool, it's kinda useless. Where the heck is this tool located? It is NOT under inventory utilities. I have full access. Hi, the HITB reset tool is located at Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> HITB ...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Building Chart based on Column Value
I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" and only chart rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM2". Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Greg Hi Greggy, There is a sample here http://www.edferrero.com/ReportWorkbook.zip (Might be a bit more than what you want, but the techniques are the same) Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com >I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I > can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" a...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Name a chart for hyperlinking
I am using Excell 2000 I need to create of year's worth of several different charts that all come from basically the same data. What I would like to do is put a year's worth of charts (let say chart "A" from Jan thru Dec) on one tab and Chart "B" from Jan - Dec on another tab. I want to create a hyperlink at the top of the tab (in the first row) by month. Ex: Jan, Feb, March, Arpril etc. So when I click on the month cell it will take me to the chart for that month. I think I need to name each chart so that I can go to the exact chart, but I do not know h...

Free Manual
Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for my specific query cheers Download Excel VBA Language Reference from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&displaylang=en -- Jacob "rraw75" wrote: > Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for ...

total value of stacked charts
I am working with stacked bar charts. I would like to be able to show the total value of each bar. How do you do that? Example: Sales of fruit by month. January sales: $30 apples, $20 pears, $50 oranges. I want a label above the January bar that says 100. Hi, This should help, http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy OkieViking wrote: > I am working with stacked bar charts. I would like to be able to show the > total value of each bar. How do you do that? > > Example: Sales of fruit by month. January sales: $30 apples, $20 pears, > $50 oran...

Creating a chart(? pie chart) that shows customers,dates and machi
I am trying to make a pie chart or a cylinder chart that will show 10 customers, each customer has 10 machines and all have been delivered on different dates. Is this possible? If not what type of chart is? Thanks Mark Melancon On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Mark M <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to make a pie chart or a cylinder chart that will show 10 >customers, each customer has 10 machines and all have been delivered on >different dates. What information do you want to show about the ten customers and their ten machines...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...