Free disk space chart in Excel

I would like to do a graph with following data in Excel:

Drive    Date         Used Space (Gb)  Free Space (Gb)
C:       29/08/2005   2,5              5,5
C:       30/08/2005   3                5
D:       29/08/2005   7                3
D:       30/08/2005   5                5

The graph should be a stacked bar containing "Used Space" and
"Free Space". X-axis should be the date and Y-Axis the size while
Z-axis should contain the drive letter.

Is it possible to do that in Excel and when yes how?

Send examples or sheets to rick.hunter@pt.lu

Thanks a lot.

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Reorganising physical disk and Raid on a san
Hello, I want to rearrange the physical disks in my SQL Server database. The volumes of the latter is 250 GB of data. Data / Index: 250GB TempDB: 20GB Log Files: 60GB I have 10 disks of 450GB to invest in a SAN. I must define the raid set up. I thought my set distribution in 2 RAID 5. - Raid 5: 3 discs for 450GB of log files (users + tempdb): capacity 900GB - Raid 5: 7 disks for 450GB + datas TempDB: capacity 2700Go I do not know if I can separate the tempdb, the indexes on separate volumes. Is this a good idea or should we prefer to have a large RAID 5 for...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

How do I get charts to ignore results of a formula if it equals 0
Hi, Use NA() instead of zero. Depending on your chart type the point will not be plotted. Cheers Andy ChrisRox wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Is it OK to defragment the disk with SQL on it?
Has anyone defragmented the disk running RMS and the SQL database? Is there any issue with doing defragmentation of a disk running a database on it? Shouldn't be any problem. I've done it several times and never noticed any issues. If I'm not mistaken Windows does some minor defragmentation in the background all the time anyway. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:471A6236-5CE0-4FFE-A3AB-26723DF98EA7@microsoft.com... > Has anyone defragmented the disk running RMS and the SQL database? Is > there > any issue with doing ...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...

How do you remove excess spaces from an Excel field?
I have 9000+ fields that have excess spaces at the front of each figure. I have tried to use the TRIM function but have not met with teh desired result. Is there an easy/quick way of removing the excess spaces? use trimall macro in the following url http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm ================= sarah_jane <sarah_jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C160E9D-F4A0-49F9-8937-9B4061866F53@microsoft.com... > I have 9000+ fields that have excess spaces at the front of each figure. > I have tried to use the TRIM function but have not met with teh de...

Disk Defrag on a Partition With Exchange 2003
Hello all, One of my customers has a file server with a partition that hosts both their Exchange 2003 installation (with a store size of about 30GB) and almost 800GB of files. This partition has become very fragmented (98% file fragmentation) and we would like to run the disk defrag utility. Moving the Exchange mailbox store to another drive/partition is not an option at this time. I have searched high and low and I haven't received a definitive answer whether or not it is safe to run a defrag against a partition that contains an active installation of Exchange 2003 or whether or not we ...

Excel Macros
Recently updated company computer to Office 7. Macros set-up in XP no longer work and need some help. Otto M had originally helped us establish these macros years ago and I am hoping he can help Ed and I out again. Thanks! -- Jen R Jen Macros created (and working) in XP (Excel 2002) should work in Excel 2007. Send me what you have and tell me, in detail, what happens when you try to do what you want to do. In detail. Like: I do this. I do that. I run the macro. This happens. I want/expect that to happen. My email is moehrbachoextra@bellsouth.net. Remove the "...

Possible to Import Access queries to Excel and maintain the formulas??
Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still exist in Excel. Is that possible to do? Thanks! Hi Fred, not without writing code -- and, depending on your calculations, this may be very difficult Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * fred.sheriff@gmail.com wrote: > Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access > queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that t...

I cannot set the maximum date for the axis of a line chart
I have a line chart with a (horizontal) date axis along the bottom. Currently I have data from Sep-2002 to Sep-2009. All of this data is shown on the chart and the axes also go from Sep-2002 to Sep-2009. My problem is that I want to set the maximum of the date axis to an earlier date (say Jun-2008) hence hiding the later part of the data (without deleting the original data). But Excel 2007 will not let me do this (apparently). I have selected the axes and fixed the "maximum" date at an earlier date (like Jun-2008). Surprisingly, Excel leaves the axis exactly the s...

Trouble scrolling pages in Excel with the new Apple Magic Mouse
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have so much trouble using the magic mouse to scroll, cut and paste between worksheet. What do I need to do to fix this? It slows me down a lot. Without knowing specifically what "so much trouble" you're having it's impossible to suggest any meaningful solutions or alternatives. It would also be helpful to know what your exact update levels of Office & OS X are. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/5/10 5:55 PM, in article 59bb404c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Pack and Go Disk Space Error
When I pack and go for a commerical printing service, I get an error message that I'm out of disk space. My publication is only a page but is fairly complex with graphics, charts, and text. I have 20GB of disk space free. Got any tips as on how to resolve this. If I creat a new document with only a little text and a couple small pictures, I am able to successfuly pack and go. Thank you! Bill, which version of Publisher are you using? If you have any BLENDS in your Publication, this can be an issue as the file sizes become humungous. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix...

excel file won't open
When trying to open an excel file from an email in outlook I get this error the system could not find the file specified What could be the problem? Thanks Michael What program do you have associated with opening .xls files? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Michael Bresnahan asked: | When trying to open an excel file from an email in outlook I get this | error=20 |=20 | the system could not find the file ...

Chart cell data from multiple worksheets
How do I create a bar graph using cell data from multiple worksheets? Thanks. Paul - See my other reply. You need to make yourself a summary range on one of your worksheets, or on a new summary sheet, link these cells with formulas to the individual sheets' data (Copy - Paste Special - Links does this nicely), and make your chart from the summary range. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ paul wrote: > How do I create a bar graph using cell data from multiple > worksheets? > > Thanks. ...

Resize chart data label
Hi, I have chart data labels that are displaying as one line in Excel but push over into two lines when paste/linked into a PowerPoint slide. Is there some way to force the labels to stay on one line? And as a general matter, is it possible to manipulate the size of the box containing the data label at all? I can select it but can't seem to resize manually. I also looked for info on this in VBA help but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards, Don Don - You cannot resize a data label, an axis title, or a chart title, even though it looks like a...

Need help!
Hi all: I am trying to extract some data from an Access query using MS Query while in Excel. The access query will extract the data from the data source without any problems. (I can even cut and past the data from the access query to the excel spreadsheet.) The problem arises when I go to refresh the data in the excel spreadsheet using the MS query. I get the following error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 4 (SumofSumofTransValue)" Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Everything wo...

Excel opening multiple files by itself HELP please
Suddenly Escel 2003 has decided to open jpg doc etc etc files by itself when excel is launched repaired uninstalled and reinstalled stilll same problem Calibra ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Calibra Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". This could be the source of your problem. First thing I would try is to start Excel in Safe Mode so you bypass an...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Any way to make line chart show null data points?
The subject titles doesn't really explain this - I saw a similar subject to this on this forum yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a line chart, it doesn't matter how many series I have but I'm plotting lets say one series over 52 weeks of the year. If the data for the series stops before the end of the 52 weeks, I would like the line to stop. This works if I clear the contents of the cell (which I can do via macro but don't really want to, it's a big spreadsheet, lots of data to crunch to get to my final graph.) As others have said on the forum, if I ge...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...