four quadrant graph

I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis
like (9,2)
1
awdgurl (2)

This should get you started

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartWizard.html

"awdgurl" <awdgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y
axis
> like (9,2)

1
breinhardt (272)
1/18/2005 4:28:59 PM
Assuming you set up four points like this:

9	2
2	2
5	12
7	3

The number 9 is in cell A1 and 2 is in cell B2.  The remaining numbers fall
below.

Click on cell A1.  Then, click on the Chart Wizard in the standard toolbar.
Choose the XY (Scatter) chart option.  Then, just go through the rest of the
prompts in the Chart Wizard to complete the chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"awdgurl" wrote:

> I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis
> like (9,2)

How do I set up a clustered stacked column graph? Is it possible?
It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a stacked column graph but not a combination of the two. Is it possible to created a combined clustered stacked column graph? Here are a few links that should get you started: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ BradT wrote: > It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a > stacked column graph but not a combination...

MS Publisher 'last four files' ?
I open Publisher 2002 I click on �FILE� In the last but one portion of the �drop down� box are shown the last four files upon which I�ve been working. How may I increase the number from four? .................................................................... I don't think you can. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "John" <noreallyreal@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:6fsv109ocog9u829b5vmf5mnl0pigipi6k@4ax.com... > I open Publisher 2002 > > I click on ...

Graph different markers
Using a line graph, I have created a burndown curve and I would like to have different color markers represent different types of reports. Is there any way to do this without manually changing the color of each data point? I would like this graph to update automatically if the type of report ever changes. Thanks! Hi, Maybe you could add additional data series to plot the various coloured markers. The data for the markers would be related to the curve data via some form of conditional formula. The extra data series would be markers only. If the above is not clear maybe you could pos...

plotting multiple x y data on same graph
my friend is pulling his hair out trying to plot something for his engineering class and i figured id ask on the board.. he has a large amount of data, grouped in twos. theres about ten sets of two. each set he wants plotted as x and y respectively, but all on the same line graphy. I think he laid it out wrongly but he w3ont hear any of it and its been a few years since i was using excel myself. so how does one plot it out as thus on the same graph. data looks something like this x y x y x y # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # etc thanks If we a...

1 out of four images prints black
My fiane and I are getting married in may and are printing labels in pulisher for the wine bottles. We got through and create the document with a back ground picture that is set to 75% transperancy with text in front of it. When we print it one of the four on the page come out as black and the other three are fine. And it's not consistant as to the position of the black one. Sometimes it will be in the top left and sometime in the bottom right. We just bought a new computer (HP 6170) and on our old computer we never had a problem. We still have the same printer (PSC2175) that ...

graphs showing unwanted zero values
Hi! Here I am once again. I have some graphs in a spreadsheet, and the sourcedata is being filled with values as time goes on and I key in new values every fisrt day of the month. Hence the cells containing future readings is empty. The graph jumps from the latest value lets say 40, and stoops down to zero on the X-axis, and follows it the for the rest of the year. How can I get my graphs to stop showing any line after the latest typed value? I have tried every possible combination when cliking the graph, choose Options on the Tools menu, and the tab named Graph, but in vain. Nothing ...

Four Milliion Records
Has anyone every tried to use MS-CRM with four million contacts? And, even more important, have you ever imported and/or deleted this amount of records? Markus Schmidt (from Germany) ...

money graphs
I would like to use Money 2004 to summarize my annual spending, so I can compare spending by category across months. The software can do many complex things, but I can't seem to make this simple procedure work. I have input all the data, I just need it summarized by month, and compared across specified months, preferably with bar or line graphs annotated with the figures. Has anyone figured out how to do that? There must be something under the Reports button that will do this. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to use Money 2004 to summarize my annual >spendin...

Graphing by days of the week
Hi all, I would like to create an individual graph for each individual day of the week for a complete month. What I have is two columns, column A consists of the date (i.e. 1-May) and column B consists of a number. I would like to graph every Monday of a month on a separate graph to a Tuesday and graph Tuesday on a separate graph than a Wednesday. How would I go about getting Excel to work out which date equals which day and then graph it? Example: Column A Column B 1-May 5 2-May 10 3-May 15 8-May 10 9-May 10 Monday graph would consist of 1-May and 8-May wi...

Question about graphing four sets of data
So i have four columns of data. The first column contains just names. I want the names to appear as the x-axis. The second column is slowest time, the third is fastest time (in min) that each name ran. Time in minutes will be on the y-axis. Up to now, it's pretty straight forward. Just make a bar chart with the name data and time data and there you go (two bars for each name). But I also have this fourth column of data which is "Number of attempted tries" or simply sample size. I want to place the sample size as a number on top of the bars. Any ideas? -- RawlinsCross...

Formula for Graphs
I have a graph that automatically updates each time a new X and Y value are entered. I would like to know if there is a way to put a formula in for my Y values so that if the value entered is over 500, the graph will plot 500 and not the actual number entered. Is this possible? Thanks.... A helper column =MIN(500,Y1) or =IF(Y1="",NA(),MIN(500,Y1)) -- David Biddulph "Amber" <Amber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B22E863C-BA5D-42D4-9FAD-2AC7B27609FA@microsoft.com... >I have a graph that automatically updates each time a new X and Y value...

Conditional Chart/Graph?
I'll try to simplify things as much as possible. I currently have a numerically ordered list. I need to only display the list up to a certain number. The certain number which I need to list up to changes depending o other variables. I also need to display this restricted list in a graph/chart. I could conditionally format the list to only display numbers in readable font colour up to the certain number, however when i then pu the data into a chart, the values which are unreadable on the workshee (e.g. because they are the same colour as the background) are displaye in the graph. Any...

Graphs #5
I am trying to figure out if and how one can display sales data in a Excel graph where the data is presented in a geograpical map of North America. For example, i want to display sales numbers by city and province / state in / on / over a map or atlas image? Can anyone offer advise as to how one can do this? Thanks Mark Mark, I don't think Excel can do that type of thing. We historically had to this type of thing by hand in powerpoint over a clipart map. Last summer, we bought MS MapPoint 2004 to do cool map charts. I didn't end up getting it but my collegue did and he found ...

Conditional Format four top four cells
Using this for conditional formating, however if I have a blank cell it still changes the cell format according to the rule. =A1>=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,4) Data 2 3 5 7 8 Would like the 3,5,7,8 to change cell color based on formula in coditional Format Thanks Rob Rob, Your 'blank' cell is not blank - it has a space or a null string ("") in it. Try =AND(A1<>"",A1<>" ",A1>=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,4)) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F382DA31-1889-4C1C-8178-3923A9BDB953@micro...

Graph colours
I have set up an excel file with multiple graphs on one sheet. I seem to have a re-occuring problem where the colours on the graphs change for no reason. I think it is something to do with the pallet setup. For example on my pallet today the bottom right colour is white whereas on Friday it was cream. Subsequently any reference to this position in the pallet is affected by the change. Can you advise as this is causing me severe problems. Is there a macro which changes the palette? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, I...

How do I do a mail merge for a four page layout (newsletter) on 1.
I am trying to do a mail merge with MS Access for a four page layout of a newsletter on 11 by 17 size paper where the addresses will print on the fourth page of each newsletter. So far we can only get one address from the Access file (wherre there are multiple address) to print. ...

GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT
Hi All, I see that AX made the magic quadrant and there are a whole lot of other Mid Market solutions in the review including NAV. A scary thought is that GP is not listed anywhere in the report. Does anyone know what criteria the solution did not meet to be considered a contender? Is GP still going to be around? This does not inspire any confidence in this solution. Even if it were not to feature well, that is at least better than not featuring at all!!! Anyone? Heath, Dynamics GP is one of the most respected Applications around the world so it will stay and no doubt about it. Y...

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Have a formula yield a true blank that disconnects graph line
I use a formula to calculate values or use set criteria to yield blanks. Then I graph the data and want the line graph to end where a blank occurs rather than connect the line to zero where the blank occurs. Actually all blanks are plotted as zeros, but I could enter -1 instead of blank and make the scale minimum zero to eliminate this problem if the line did not connect from the last data point to the -1 or zero. This problem is not cured by copy>paste special>values even though the blanks then no longer contain formula but look indistinguishable from real blanks. But they d...

Graph in Report
Hello- I am trying to include a graph in an Access report. The graph report is based off of a query. I built an unbound form named "ParamFormDept" with three text boxes, StartDate/EndDate/cboDept that the user enters the date and dept criteria into that they want the report for. When I run the query on its own, the data comes up correctly. When I run the report with the graph in it I get an error message saying "...does not recognize the name [forms]![ParamFormDept]![cboDate] as a valid field name or expression." My graphs row source says: PARAMETERS forms!Par...

four quadrant graph
I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis like (9,2) This should get you started http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartWizard.html "awdgurl" <awdgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F0AA20-5749-46DE-862B-2455244963E6@microsoft.com... > I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis > like (9,2) Assuming you set up four points like this: 9 2 2 2 5 12 7 3 The number 9 is in cell A1 and 2 is in cell B2. The remaining numbers fall below. Click on cell A1. Then, click ...

graphs in excel
Is it possible for me to have a graph in excel with a straight line going from zero to a fixed number as a standard line. and then put in information from a pivot table to populate the graph with another line so i can compare that line with the standard line?? it seems that i can only have one line in my graph if i load it from the data in a pivot table?? -- girth69 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ girth69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23634 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?...

Help an Excel novice with a graph formula?
I have worked some with MS Access, much less in Excel and really am not very math oriented but I need help. Not much on graphing in the Access Forum but several suggestions to use Excel because it is much more powerful in this area. I have numerical test values on the Y axis matched with numerical values representing age in hours on the X axis, plotting a line graph in Access which represent a limit. I need to compare new data sets on a daily basis with this line graph identifying each set as either above or below, Less Than or Greater Than the limit set my this graph. Is there a f...

creating a graph
Is there a way to create a graph for a fraction (3/18)? If so can you please help!!! Hi, You are going to have to elaborate - what do you mean by a graph for a fraction. You can graph any number. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "MelMel" wrote: > Is there a way to create a graph for a fraction (3/18)? If so can you please > help!!! ...

problem with Excel graphs
I have two data series (where points are unrelated apart from x,y values) coming from experiments first (x,y) 1.23,340 1.4,320 1.5,360 1.7,400 second 1.25, 420 1.33,450 1.41, 470 1.6,500 1.85,470 1.7,400 I wish to create a graph in Excel 2003 and have x and y axis in a suitable range as x 1.0..2.0, y 200..500 however I am unable to instruct Excel to do that, comments and suggestions are very appreciated, Carlo Make an XY chart using the first data set Select and Copy the second data set Click chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special and specify New Series & Category (X values) in ...