Formatting a single grid line

Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door
way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it
stand out from the rest.  My alternative is to draw a line
on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale
changes.

Thanks much,

Reney

Hi Reney,

Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once.

Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart.

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Word 2008 line spacing and style weirdness
I just upgraded to Office 2008 and am already encountering weirdness. I can't change one set of paragraphs (of the same style) to single space without changing the others. But if I create a new "single" style based on normal, then I can't seem to apply "normal" at all. Something feels very non-intuitive here. Has something major changed since 2004 I should know about? Also, I can't believe how buggy the upgrade was -- Word was crashing at quit and I had to delete my "Normal" template from the 2004 location (~/Microsoft User Data/) before I could ...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

significance of trend lines??
Hi excel users, i have x and y paramters which produce the relationship y = 2927.4x-0.8329, i've been asked if this relationship is significant..... i dont know, how do i find this out?? I'd be really grateful for any suggestions Cheers On Nov 17, 3:14=A0pm, S Buck wrote: > Hi excel users, i have x and y paramters which > produce the relationship y =3D 2927.4x-0.8329, > i've been asked if this relationship is significant. > i dont know, how do i find this out? I presume that by "significant", you mean goodness of fit (correlation). Use R-squared. The clos...

How to format the value in a cell?

Unlocking The Positioning Grid And Printing Question
Hello, Thanks for previous help. Using Excel 97. Two questions, please. a. Something new; never had showup before. On the page that has the data for a chart, I now have blue dashed lines showing, I guess, what the actual page boundaries would be if I printed this data. How do I get rid of this, and also the light grey "Page No.s" that also show up ? b. On my chart, I have some text boxes. They seem to be locked to a specific grid spacing limiting the exact spots I would like them to be. How can I remove this locking, and move them, smoothly, to "anywhere I'd li...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

On-line Web Order Entry
I'm just starting with RMS Store Operations. Is anyone using an online web order entry site attached to your RMS Store Operations? If so, what product and or service are you using. Please help..... ...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Integrating Comment Lines
Currently I am populating SOP Transaction Entry comment lines 1, 2 and 3 by padding the strings to 50 characters because using string1 & vbcrlf & string2 etc. did not work. How can I insert the strings into each line without padding? Is there some other way to create a hard return between each string to accomplish? ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...