Formatting a data series to run value axis to value axis

I am working on a combination chart where two data series are stacked
and the third data series is shown as a line chart. What we want is
for the data series line is to go from the value axis to the secondary
value axis, rather than starting from the first value in the data
series to the middle of the last value in the data series. Gap width
is grayed out. Is there some way of doing this? I can mail a sample to
anyone who wants to see an example of what I'm talking about.

I did a quick look in Google Groups but I didn't see anything that
looked like it applied. I appreciate any help you can give me. --Eva
Whitley
0
eva1 (4)

Eva -

Take a look at this web page:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Eva Whitley wrote:

> I am working on a combination chart where two data series are stacked
> and the third data series is shown as a line chart. What we want is
> for the data series line is to go from the value axis to the secondary
> value axis, rather than starting from the first value in the data
> series to the middle of the last value in the data series. Gap width
> is grayed out. Is there some way of doing this? I can mail a sample to
> anyone who wants to see an example of what I'm talking about.
>
> I did a quick look in Google Groups but I didn't see anything that
> looked like it applied. I appreciate any help you can give me. --Eva
> Whitley

0
DOjonNOT (619)
4/29/2004 1:06:22 AM
Jon Peltier <DOjonNOT@SPAMpeltiertechME.com> wrote in message news:<egGUxYYLEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Eva -
>
> Take a look at this web page:
>
>    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html

Thank you Jon. I've bookmarked this link and will use this method to
fix my charts. --Eva Whitley
0
eva1 (4)

how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the.
how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the table? I know it is possible if you change your table, but it is not very convenient. Thanks You can change the order of the series: double click a series, then rearrange the series in the Series Order tab. If you need to change the left-right order of categories along the X axis of a chart, you pretty much have to modify the table. If the table is for display, you could chart from a separate table, both tables linked to the same source data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutor...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Chart, series delete event over context menue
Hi, I want catch the delete event from a series. Is this possible over subclassing or another solution ??? Thank you. b.regards, dryman ...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Changes to Data on a Worksheet
I have a data entry sheet (Excel 2000) and a "store" sheet. The info on the data entry sheet is saved on a single row in the store sheet. I need to detect whether any changes have been made to the details on the data entry page and currently do this by concatenating every data cell on the data sheet and comparing it to the concatenated cells on the corresponding row in the store. Is there an easier way to detect whether any changes have been made on the data entry page? Thanks for any help. Brian Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H...

Data missing
I linked an excel file to an access database. One of the data fields is showing #Num! in the column instead of the data.while saving this to a text format, I am losing the data. Can anyone help ? ...

merging data
Hi all:) I'm new to this forum and to to Excel (2000) and not sure that I'm asking this question correctly but here is what I'm trying to do. The data on my work sheet is pasted from another sorce and includes information: name, ref #, time, date. I use this information looking up the status of an order and enter a "status note" in 5th (last) column. As the day progresses, the source that the data comes from is copied and pasted under the current list I already have going and much of the data on the lower list is a duplicate. How can I merge the to list so that I hav...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Grouping sales data into weekly buckets
I have sales data that I want to analyze in weekly buckets. I can group all sales in a month by using the MONTH formula. (MONTH(actual invoice date)). I was wondering if anyone knows of a way or has a suggestion for grouping sales by week. Some type of formula that has an output stating the week of the actual invoice date. Any suggestions? Hi John! You'll really need to introduce a week numbering formula and then you'll be able to group into weeks more easily. Take a look at the WEEKNUM function in the Analysis ToolPak Addin. But note that there are other methods than the two ...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money 2008
I have Win XP Home and cannot get Money 2008 to install. Error message is "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money" Have tried reinstalling Windows Installer with no luck. Would like to try resetting security settings in the registry but cannot find anyway to do that for XP Home...only XP Pro is coming up. Perhaps none of this works and someone has a better way to get Money to install on XP Home? Rgds, CK In microsoft.public.money, zooropa777 wrote: >I have Win XP Home and cannot get Money 2008 to install. Error >message is "Setup was ...