Format second series as line chart

How do you " Format second series as line chart" ? I am trying to add an
average line to a bar chart. Thank You

0
Ahoy27 (8)

Shorty -

Add the series first. Then select it, choose Chart Type from the Chart
menu, and pick the line style you want.

I have some additional techniques for adding lines to charts here:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Shorty wrote:
> How do you " Format second series as line chart" ? I am trying to add an
> average line to a bar chart. Thank You

negative number format

Change date format to European format

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

Formatting just some rows

Using F4 for charts and sorting
Excel 2007 - I would love for some of the F4 features to return to charting and sorting. For example, if I change the y-axis measurement scale on a column chart I want to be able to hit F4 on the next chart to make the same change. If I custom sort a list, I want to hit F4 on the next list and have it sort the same way. Have these updates been made? Nope. I hope they make it into the next release (Office 14), but we won't see them in 2007. One of the main reasons I don't use 2007 for anything important is un-features like the lack of F4 capability make me much less efficient...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Word 2008 line spacing and style weirdness
I just upgraded to Office 2008 and am already encountering weirdness. I can't change one set of paragraphs (of the same style) to single space without changing the others. But if I create a new "single" style based on normal, then I can't seem to apply "normal" at all. Something feels very non-intuitive here. Has something major changed since 2004 I should know about? Also, I can't believe how buggy the upgrade was -- Word was crashing at quit and I had to delete my "Normal" template from the 2004 location (~/Microsoft User Data/) before I could ...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Chart, series delete event over context menue
Hi, I want catch the delete event from a series. Is this possible over subclassing or another solution ??? Thank you. b.regards, dryman ...

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate
I am using Excel 2002. I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and sheets as needed. This is not a problem. I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a problem. Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunatel...

How to determine second (and then third) highest value in a list #2
I've got an excel spreadsheet full of data, and I wanted to create a column that would tell me what the second highest value was, given a list of cells. For example, I've got 8 columns (columns K through R), with headers "Team 1" through "Team 8". Below that, on the following MANY rows, are numbers, associated with scores for the team in that column. I'd like to have a column that tells me what score was 1st place, which was 2nd place, and which was 3rd place. Finding the 1st place one is easy, using the =MAX(K4:R4). But I'm at a loss to determine...

significance of trend lines??
Hi excel users, i have x and y paramters which produce the relationship y = 2927.4x-0.8329, i've been asked if this relationship is significant..... i dont know, how do i find this out?? I'd be really grateful for any suggestions Cheers On Nov 17, 3:14=A0pm, S Buck wrote: > Hi excel users, i have x and y paramters which > produce the relationship y =3D 2927.4x-0.8329, > i've been asked if this relationship is significant. > i dont know, how do i find this out? I presume that by "significant", you mean goodness of fit (correlation). Use R-squared. The clos...

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Pasting Excel charts into Word
Whenever I paste Excel charts into Word, the fonts end up looking terrible. Is there an easy solution? Pasting as a picture does not work. The only thing that does work is right clicking on the chart while in Word, selecting "Edit Picture", then fixing the text that has changed position and direction. But then my chart is no longer a simple picture. Help! How are you pasting it? I have no problem using the Word Insert Object command. 1 - In Excel, have the chart saved in its own separate .xls file, no other worksheets. 2 - In Word, choose Insert>Object. 3 - Click on the Cre...

How to format the value in a cell?