Font Format in Axis Labels

Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

"Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

Yes.  Format Axis, and then the Font tab.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)
9/24/2005 7:46:06 PM
Hi,

If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis

Cheers
Andy

Phil Hageman wrote:
> Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

The axis label on Jon's site is not active yet.  I'll look around on the
web...

Thanks for your time though.

Phil

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
> create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Phil Hageman wrote:
> > Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Hi Phil,

I just tried the link and all seemed fine.
Basically you need to add a dummy data series, xy scatter, and use it's
data labels to provide the axis labels. These data labels can the be
formatted individually.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
9/26/2005 11:32:47 AM
Andy,  I'm wanting to format a single X-axis label - not a data label.  I
have a chart with seven columns, and want the middle column to stand out.
Thanks,
Phil

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> I just tried the link and all seemed fine.
> Basically you need to add a dummy data series, xy scatter, and use it's
> data labels to provide the axis labels. These data labels can the be
> formatted individually.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Phil Hageman wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > The axis label on Jon's site is not active yet.  I'll look around on the
> > web...
> >
> > Thanks for your time though.
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
> >>create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
> >>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy

> >>--
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Trouble is you can not format a single axis label. That's why you need
to make your own axis labels using datalabels that you can format
individually.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)
I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different subject line. I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just replicate the first chart, then change the data series. I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format Axis, the first chart shows the following values und...

Conditional Formatting #33
I have a very large spreadsheet where I would like to use conditional formatting...I have the columns set up with times as follows Arrival Time Triage Time Registration Time To ED Time DC Tim Numerous people input the times and they are not always correct (people are DC before they arrive, etc.) There are about 3,000 lines for one months worth of data. Is there a way I can put Conditional Formatting so that if Triage Time is Less than Arrival Time then it can highlight a cell? Thank Denise This worked!!! This is going to save me hours of time each month. Thank you!!! ...

Incorrect Date Format
Hello to all, The situation: 1. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows 98SE, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy I wrote a macro that imports dates (dd/mm/yyyy) and stock prices from an Access database, then adds some formulas at the bottom of the data to calculate highest and lowest prices and the corresponding dates. Works fine, and the formulas correctly return the price and date (in dd/MM/yyyy format, without needing to format the cells). 2. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows XP Pro SP1, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy The macro created in 1. above works fine under these conditions, but the formulas that return the...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

FORMAT CELLS #10
I have a worksheet. Within that worksheet I have a few cells which if I right click on gives me the menu options and when I select the format cells nothing happens. While it opens a dialog box for other cells. I wanted to protect some cells by selecting the format cells options. Can someone tell me what is happening and why nothing happens if I select the format cell option ? Thanks, San The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my...

Conditional formating of cells
Good afternoon, I have an array of numbers in excel. I want then to display as percentage if I've selected "proportional" from a drop down menu. I want them to display as a number (0.00 for example) if I select "absolute" these are the only two options in the menu. I'ved tried using the Format code help in Excel but I can't manuipulat it to get it to work how I want. Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Thank you! Michelle Let's put the drop down in column A and the data to be formatted in column B. Enter the following in the w...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Secondary Y axis
I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart Hi Louise, Create the chart with both series. Then select the series that needs to appear on the secondary axis. Right click and choose Format object. On the axis tab pick secondary. Most chart types, with the exception of 3d styles, will allow this. Cheers Andy Louise wrote: > I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy, you helped me too with that one! "Louis...

Excel with Concatenate does not format date correctly
I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee name with date started. The date is not showing correctly. A1=Jane Doe B1=10/8/2011 C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) The screen shows: Jane Doe40824 What do I need to do differently, so it says: Jane Doe10/8/2011 Use : =A1&" "&TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yyyy") Daniel > I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee > name with date started. > The date is not showing correctly. > > A1=Jane Doe > B1=10/8/2011 > > C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) > The screen shows: > Jane ...

Flexible X axis VBA/Macro generated
I am trying to create a chart showing a payment profile with a fixed start date but variable end. Manually, simple, select all cells with a date before the end date and that is X axis, and series data for appropriate cells. How can I create an X axis range which only goes to the end year? The same process will presumably apply to series data also. This cannot be so difficult I would have thought. Am I missing something? Duncan Beech -- duncan beech Skip the macros, and try this approach: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ At the end of the tutorial are links to speci...

If function with format
=if(a1>0,a1,"") A1 "text" or "number" in red color I want to print the value of cell A1 in Cell B1 with its format if above condition is true. Is it possible ? Use conditional formatting in B1. Set font color to Red when B1's value is equal to A1's value. It won't matter if A1 is empty or has a value <= 0, as it won't appear in B1 anyhow. I was almost tempted to say to just set font color for B1 to Red. Seems to me that would work (I'm almost positive it will), but there's probably something I'm missing somewhe...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

I can't convert format number to format time
I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003. My problem is I want to convert format time for example 13.26 to h:mm will becoming 1:26pm but when I'm using excel and change that format the result is 6.25am. My final output i want to crete chart Day vs time .I'm confius Anybody can help me farz Hi you probably get 6:14:25 as result (or to be more precise: the 13-Jan-1900 at 6:14 hours). Reason for this: Excel stores date/time values internally as numbers. And the numeric values '1' represents onde day. So your decimal value ins 'converted' to 13 days (starting from 1/1/1900...

Contacts phone number format
I have a user trying to change the Outlook format for phone numbers to sync with his phone. He wants to change from the default to something like 619-xxx-xxxx. Any ideas? Thanks, C'ed That's set up in Windows, not Outlook. It's in Phone and Modem options, dialing rules. "Caved" wrote: > I have a user trying to change the Outlook format for phone numbers to sync > with his phone. He wants to change from the default to something like > 619-xxx-xxxx. Any ideas? > Thanks, > C'ed > > > Thanks, C'ed "Mary" <Mary@discu...

Formatting White Space

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

How do I attach unique labels to data points in an xy graph.
I have an xy graph for use in comparing teacher salaries in a school. Salary is on the x axis and experience is on the y axis. I need to be able to attach the initials of each teacher as a label for their respective data point. I remember there used to be a way to do this in prior versions of excel by using the Lotus 123 help/conversion commands, but I do not know how to do it now in Excel 2003. Is there a way? Richard Get either Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). With either add-in you can specify any column a...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

cell formating?
Hello Everyone, I posted this the other day and got the info on how to do it but i can't fine the post? So here it is again. I have a cell that i need to add a sufix to how do you do this. Lets say i need to add _BM Here is a sample of what the cell looks like D1125 LF70 D369 PF339 PF125 MF94 MF104 G384 G385 LF66 MF132 MF128 Thanks for the help Steve http://tinyurl.com/8aucu -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Steve_1_B" <bogle78@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125183916.272704.87590@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello Everyone, > I ...

Why Does Date Format Change on Chart
Hello, I'm using Excel 97 SR-2 on a Windows XP machine with the date format under Regional Settings set to dd/mm/yyyy. I have a simple line chart (on a chart sheet) drawing data (date on X-axis and data on Y-axis) from three different worksheets, and am experiencing a problem with the dates on it randomly changing format from dd/mm/yyyy to m/d/yyyy. This is despite the fact that the dates in the worksheets are in dd/mm/yyyy format, and I have formatted the chart X-axis in that format also. Interestingly, if I click from the chart to one of the worksheets then back to the chart, ...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...