fix bubble size in bubble chart

The bubble size in bubble chart is adjusted automatically
by EXCEL so as to achieve best visualization result. But
when you want to see the bubble changing size, this
adjustment is bugging. For example I wrote VB code to
change the size by half every time I call it, and expected
to see the bubble size changed by half. But nothing
happened! Because EXCEL adjusted it.

How can I get out of it???

Please also reply to my email address.
12356789mchen@coe.ubc.ca (please drop the fist 9 numbers,
it is used to dsiguise the email address from viruses.
Thanks)
0
mchen (1)

Hi Micahel,

One way would be to add a dummy series with a single bubble.
This would contain a constant value, probably the max of the original data.

The changes the you data would result in a reduction in bubble size.

--

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)

Form Size 03-29-07
I have a database that when it opens, a macro automatically opens the main form and maximizes that form. I would like that form to always stay maximized. There are several other small forms that open from the main form. Whenever they open the main form restores to a window. Is there a way to set the main form so that it is always maximized? Terry It sounds as though you've got code that resizes the other forms that are opening. You can't have some "normal" size and others maximized. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) ...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Excel charting #3
Hello experts, I am new to the group and wonder if you can help me with this problem. Here is a sample of data I want to plot chart with. A B C (Y axis) Series 1 12 4 33% Series 2 5 2 40% Series 3 10 1 10% Series 1,2,3 will be my X axis and they are categories. As you can see, column C is the percentage of B over A. In the chart, I want to show Column A and B, but I want to label B as percentages instead of numbers. Is there anyway to do that? Thanks so much for your assistance. learntoexcel Make the...

Need help auto-updating chart data sources.
Am trying to automate a spreadsheet that has been copied and pasted by hand for way too long. Here's what I need to do. Spreadsheet DOR auto-updates spreadsheet AGING. Now I'm needing to have the corresponding charts in AGING update with the newly added data.. Let's say that column A contains dates that that are used to populate the Z axis on my chart.. The Z axis of my chart always displays 6 dates worth of data.. What I'd like to have happen is when AGING is opened and auto-updated, the corresponding charts also update. Dropping the 1st position Z axis label (date) and ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Chart to monitor Blood Pressure readings and date
Does any one have any ideas on how to set up a chart to show daily readings of Blood Pressure? I want to chart readings over one month intervals. Need to figure out how to insert variables (123/82) and date of reading and get a meaningful representation. Do you intend to capture BP once a day or more often? If, for example, you want to take a reading every morning and one every night then you would set up your spreadsheet with 5 cloumns (date, am diastolic, am systolic, pm diastolic and pm systolic (can't remember which of the two is the higher, but you get the drift). Then, a...

increase picture size
how do I enlarge an online map for printing purposes In Word, right click the image and set its layout property to something other than in linbe with text. Grab the image's corner handle and drag it to fill the page. Note that enlarging bitmaps will degrade resolution. You cannot create an image in Word larger than 1 page. Doesn't the on-line map source have an option to print directly? "vivesha" <vivesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F528177-C1F4-49BE-9E08-A72B1051AF2B@microsoft.com... > how do I enlarge an online map for printing ...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Chart Bars Won't Print
Chart bars appear in Excel and the PowerPoint document we are linked to, but when we print the document, some of the bars do not appear. We have tried copying and pasting as a picture, removing circle/squares around numbers, copying the Excel in in pieces, turning off the Beveling formatting on the bars, nothing works, we cannot get all the bars in the chart to print. -- Susanna ...

Publish embedded chart XL2007
hello, In Excel2003 embedded charts can be referenced and published to web pages with: With xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, _ Where, sht, "Chart 1", _ xlHtmlStatic, "", "") .Publish (False) .AutoRepublish = True End With Strangely, Excel2007 seems not to recognize embedded charts for publishing and returns an error Please help Thanks Avi ...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Scatter Chart #7
I have a template used to track the scores of grades of students. This is the raw data (starting in Column A) Student Form. A MP1 DIFF A 65 49 -16.00 B 75 85 10.00 C 85 91 6.00 D 55 81 26.00 E 85 90 5.00 F 95 90 -5.00 G 70 78 8.00 H 95 68 -27.00 I 95 92 -3.00 J 80 76 -4.00 K 65 91 26.00 L 65 89 24.00 M 70 87 17.00 N 80 80 0.00 O 90 96 6.00 P 70 81 11.00 Q 95 88 -7.00 R 65 68 3.00 S 70 84 14.00 T 65 79 14.00 U 85 89 4.00 V 95 93 -2.00 w 70 86 16.00 x 65 73 8.00 y 100 92 -8.00 z 75 93 18.00 aa 85 89 4.00 bb 95 60 -35.00 I would like to add a demographic to this, such as race; I thought I...

Invalid attachment size error
When sending a file, Outlook may return a "Sending & Recieving" error message indicating that permissable file size has been exceeded. The message contains code 552.4.3.1 Sames restricted to Outlook 2002 clients. Same users can successfully send the attachment using OWA client. Outlook 2003 clinents not affected. (File sizes are within permitted delivery restrictions on Exchange) Any suggestions? ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

Creating an x,y coordinate chart
I have a spreadsheet with two collumns of numbers in collumns A and B. I want to produce a chart where collumn A produces the X axis values and B produces the Y values. I want excel to plot the points where the values are and create a line chart by joining these points up. I cant seem to get it to work! Does anyone have any ideas??? Oh and if it makes a difference some of the values in the A (X axis) collumn are negative so the chart would need to be able to display the negative values in hthe x axis aswell. Thanks in advance everyone! Steve Jon Peltier's chart tutorial should hel...