Exporting Excel file into Notepad with column & row lines

I cannot get the horizontal & vertical lines to show up in my notepad file.
Help Please.
0
JIVL (1)

Notepad looks at text.  Text doesn't have horizontal & vertical lines.

You can, of course, use underscore characters _ to look like a horizontal
line, and pipe characters | to look like a vertical line.
--
David Biddulph

"JIVL" <JIVL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get the horizontal & vertical lines to show up in my notepad file.
> Help Please.

0
David

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Access vs Excel
I wanted to get the opinion of both the excel and access group on this subject. We currently have an ERP but is lacking in some aspects. In order to get around the shortcomings, I have an user that is very proficient with excel. He has made spreadsheets that access the information out of our ERP and mimics some of it's functions. He is using excel to store information and has created interfaces for users to enter in data. My question is, should we continue using excel to do this. We have hundreds of excel files that get created with information everywhere. OR should we start using acc...

Export / Import Security

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

winmail.dat
When we send attachments to people they show up on their ends as winmail.dat files. We are using Outlook 2000 on the XP platform. I researched and can't seem to come up with a solution. We are not using RTF (rich text format) and that seems to be the only configuration associated with this problem that I can find. We are using plain text and it still happens when we forward an email w/ an attachment and reset it to send via plain text. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Use plain text or html format and disable Word as your e-mail editor. If it still occours, it could b...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Excel XML
Hi all, Newbie here. I have an application that outputs Excel XML, auto-emailing to a distribution list. This ended up working wonderfully, users can just click on the attachment in the email and the file opens up in a great Excel spreadsheet for them. Prior, we would only export delimited text files, which had to be imported to Excel. Not hard, just extra steps. However, I have TWO users that are on Macs. Their version of Excel on the Mac cannot handle XML or read it. I've been Googling for days now and have only found years old postings about how Mac's Excel left this f...

Export item ID?

Fonts get size 1 and can't be changed after a procedure
Hi, I have been using code to loop for each chtobj in a worksheet to set font size right etc. Sometimes an error occur and the size become 1 pt. I can live with that once or so, but I can't change the FONT BACK neither with code nor from excel chart GUI. No code are running in background during this of cource, I try even to change the font from Excel GUI with macro switched off. It can only be solved with building a new chartobject... Have any of you got this error, any knowing why it occure and what I can do about it? I thougt it was because some of the charts had no values or s...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Excel 2002, now 2007
I was previously using Excel 2002 and decided to buy Home and Student non-commercial 2007. I am having problems converting my 2002 files to 2007 and also do not seem to be able to upload the files thru 2007. I'm thinking because it is non-commercial, Excel 2007 non-c does not want you to upload to a website. Okay, can I purchase an upgrade of just Excel 2007 so that I can convert files and upload to my website? If I could I would go back to using my 2002 version I tried loading it again but the computer says it does not find a MS product to upgrade... Thanks...Nancy ...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

How to create "frames" in Excel 2003?
Hi all, Is there a way to create frames in Excel like one can do for webpages? For example if I split my sheet vertically, I want a frame on the left side which has "links" that if I click them change the sheet I'm viewing on the right side. Thank you! Anyone? ...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Getting this message when i startup excel 2003
Getting this message when i startup Excel 2003, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\pdfmakerA.xla could not be found, i have Acrobat 6 on my computer, i have tried the repair and it still comes up, i have unistalled from add and remove, then reinstalled office 2003 but it still comes up when i start Excel Go to Tools-->Add-ins, and uncheck it. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7792B9F9-2A5F-471B-A6B4-8151485F5D5F@microsoft.com... > Getting this message whe...

WMP Subtitles When Playing A File
When I Play an MPEG file is some of my other Media Players, sunch as BlazeDVD 5.1, subtitles are shown when I play the file. However, when I play the file in WMP 11.0, the subtitles are not shown. I know the subtitles are in the video stream because they show up in other players but why not WMP? Are you supposed to be able to turn the subtitles off and on? I have read on other forums that the subtitles are embedded in the video. But, how can that be? In one player they show up and another they don't. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.c...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Excel 2000 Security patch crashes Excel
I recently upgraded my computer, although I am still using Excel 2000. As part of the upgrade, I decided to be good and updated all the available service patches for Excel 2000. I later tried opening a file that I have created and work with extensively - and Excel crashed. Something that never happened before. I tried opening the file on a different computer - and it worked just fine. So I began debugging to find what the problem was - I stripped out all the VBA, and then I stripped out the worksheets one-by-one, until I came upon the root of the problem. I had a picture inserted, with a hyper...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...