Excluding zeros

 I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using
the high low close option. Problem is that the data
contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore
the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the
best way of converting these zeros to  blank cells so
that Excel does not chart them.
Thank you
0
anonymous (74723)

Hi Ben,
Two ways:
1) replace zeros (or missing data) by =NA()
2) Tools/Options/Chart and specify what is to be done with missing values.
Bernard

"Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using
> the high low close option. Problem is that the data
> contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore
> the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the
> best way of converting these zeros to  blank cells so
> that Excel does not chart them.
> Thank you

0
bliengme1 (122)

gci and -include and -exclude
I am trying get a limited set of files from a directory tree. The following is what i want but it doesn't work. I get everything. get-childitem -LiteralPath \rm5_0_code_h\source -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -Recurse I have even tried to exclude what i don't want but it doesn't seem to matter. get-childitem -LiteralPath $path -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -recurse -exclude *alter*.sql,*.dll,*.pdb,*.ncb,*.tlb,*.scc,*.bmp,*.ico i still get them all. what am i doing wrong? dan you have to a...

Datedif exclude weekends
Hello newsgroup gurus and users. Your kind assistance please. This question has probably been asked a millions times but I cant find it. Does any one have a solution to this. I want the date difference between two dates but exclude weekends. Many thanks Paul Paul, The NETWORKDAYS function will return the number of days, excluding weekend and optionally holidays, between two dates. See help for NETWORKDAYS for more information. This function is part of the Analysis Tool Pack add-in so you must have that add-in loaded; otherwise, you'll get a #NAME error. -- Cordially, Chip Pe...

Is it possible to record a number with a leading zero in Excel?
I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero eg 0101 . When they are imported to Excel, Excel removes the leading zero. Is there a way that I can set Excel up so that it does NOT remove these (kind of important) digits? I much appreciate your assistance in advance! Jonathan, Format the cells as Text. HTH, Nikos "Jonathan HB" <Jonathan HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE5EFA1C-F2C5-40C4-B12C-CA3598FF3031@microsoft.com... > I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero > eg 0101 . When th...

avoiding plotting zero values on graphs
How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero values. During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values, how can i aviod excel from plotting these zero values "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D957426-691B-49B3-A846-509B09EF8BFF@microsoft.com > How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero > values. > > During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values, > how can i aviod excel from plotting these zero values > Hi Lee, I suggest that, unless the result you ...

Exclude a cell
Excel 2002 Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the column? Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ? I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start somewhere lol Thanks for your help Dale To exclude cell A16: =SUM(A:A)-A16 Not very elegant, but effcient! Cheers, -- AP "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Excel 2002 > &...

Excluding zeros
I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using the high low close option. Problem is that the data contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the best way of converting these zeros to blank cells so that Excel does not chart them. Thank you Hi Ben, Two ways: 1) replace zeros (or missing data) by =NA() 2) Tools/Options/Chart and specify what is to be done with missing values. Bernard "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075901c3bff5$94a57530$a001280a@phx.gbl... &...

Pivot Table Zero Value
Hi, I've seen many questions on this subject, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. I have a pivot table that summarizes billing amounts for 20-25 different data items. Also, the rows have two fields. For Example: Name I.D. Data Total John Smith 7756 U.S. Tax Return $800 John Smith 7756 State Tax Return $250 John Smith 7756 Add'l State Return $0 John Doe 8876 U.S. Tax Return ...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

leading zeros as a cell format
Hi All, I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have tried 0?-??????? and 0#-####### but no luck. Heres is what my permit number look 01-2345678 & 02-8765432. thanks, Dave Format as text. "Dave" <davidstevans@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c0dd9d3-5785-44cd-9d1b-a5f0d2280e28@u16g2000pru.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has > leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have &...

Total budget column filled with Zeros 2002
Annual budget report shows monthly budget amounts and actuals but onl;y the actuals appear in the total column. How to fix please. -- Thanks Chris ...

excluding repeating values
I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do that? Thanks. Neda Take a look at http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>, "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that > data to another column, but do not want to c...

Zero decimal getting dropped.
I produce a report with a number to 3 decimal places. If the last decimal place is a zero it drops it and only prints two decimal places. This makes the whole column look jagged. I put in Properties, Decimal Places 3, but it still drops it. What to do? Thanks. Use the Format() function to turn it into a string value with three decimals. Leading and trailing zeros in a numeric field make no sense and as such are dropped. Phil wrote: >I produce a report with a number to 3 decimal places. If the last decimal >place is a zero it drops it and only prints two decimal places. This ...

Excluding Rows During Printout
Hi, Is there a way to automatically exclude rows when printing an Excel sheet? I have a list of items (in two colums) in a work sheet similar to this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task B: 0 Task C: 2 Task D: 0 Task E: 0 Task F: 0 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 When I print the worksheet I only want to print lines where the time cell is not zero. So the printout from the previous data would look like this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task C: 2 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 Is there a...

Outlook Rules for excluding & including email groups
Does any 1 know how to only send an out of office message to a specific group, for example any one with email ending with @iam.edu, I tried to creat a rule to inlcude certain business groups and also need to exclude certain server list too ...

Hiding Pie Slice When Value is Zero
My data labels contain the Value and Percentage. I can hide the Value of a slice (when its value=0) when I set its format to ;000. But I can't figure out how to not display the slice since the data label Percentage still shows up as 0%. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob Why not just filter the data (showing only >0) and use the entire (unfiltered) range as source data. The chart will not show hidden values - only the filtered values. Sandy "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91337249-7D87-4CCC-8B06-D1174A5AF212@microsoft...

Loosing Leading zeros in CSV file
Hello How do i stop a CSV file loosing leading zeros. when the file is in excel format it is exactly how i want it, but to import it into another program i need to save it as a csv file and it is then that i loose the leading zeros has any body got any ideas -- Cheers Instead of exporting a number, export "=TEXT(YourNumber,"00000000")" or as many "0"s as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132E74A3-A138-4B07-88C7-686FAB45F593@microsoft.com... > Hello > > How do i st...

XslTransform not excluding default namespace despite exclude-result-prefixes attribute?
I'm writing an xslt in vs.net 2003 and in order to get intellisense on the html content I added the default namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5". However, even though I also have exclude-result-prefixes="#default" declared the default namespace is still outputted on the resulting document. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" xmlns:...

In Excel how do I get 2 zeros to show automatically after I enter.
I am using Excel 2003. I have set my options to a fixed decimal with 2 places. When I enter 1495 the cell shows 14.95 but when I type in 14. the cell shows .14. How do I get 14.00 without entering the zeros? Jackson shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I am using Excel 2003. I have set my options to a fixed decimal with > 2 places. When I enter 1495 the cell shows 14.95 but when I type in > 14. the cell shows .14. How do I get 14.00 without entering the > zeros? What if you enter 123: 1.23 or 12.30? -- Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1 If it ha...

Exclude data from field, when another field equals a certain numbe
Hello, I have 2 fields. I have Job # and GL #. I need to exclude from the GL field, values that are 1234, but ONLY if the Job # = 999999. I have tried using this formula in the criteria of the GL# field in my query: IIf([Job #]=999999,<>1234,[GL #]) and instead of 999999 still showing up in the query and excluding GL# 1234, 999999 doesn't show up at all! What am I doing wrong?? Thank you!!!!!!!! MN IIf([Job #]<>999999, [GL #], IIf([GL #]=1234, Null, [GL #])) I'm assuming by exclude that you mean Null. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acce...

Custom format leading zero
I have a column of IDs. Some are 4-digit numbers, some are 5-digit numbers and some are a combination of numbers and text (varying lengths). I want to add a leading zero to the 4-digit numbers. I was wondering if it makes any difference whether I enter my own custom format of "0####" or "00000". Both appear to work--I can't see any difference in the results. I'm wondering if there are any "gotchas". Later this data is imported to Access and stored as a text field. The reason I need the leading zero is so that it will sort in ascending order as ...

Standard deviation to exclude 0
In our data, 0 means not applicable. I'm using STDEVP but calculate value 0 too. Can I exclude values with 0? Maybe I should do search and replace! Thanks, Enter this =STEVE(IF(E1:E7<>0,E1:E7,"")) as an array function. That means use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER when you have done typing; Excel will wrap the formula in curly braces { ... } You need to use the same committal it you edit the formula best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b8bc0f29-c141-4f62-b1c5-c48d8cb...

Zero Length String and Garbage
I have an Access 2007 database that is linked to tables stored in an Interbase/Firebird (version 1.5) database. Any fields with zero length strings in them are displayed as garbage (eg: "=C3=82=E7=B7=AA=EA=94= =92=E4=83=A34 "). I do not think the problem is with the ODBC driver, because other applications that use the same driver do not show these problems. Unfortunately, I cannot change the data in the linked table, because it is generated by a third party application, and may cause problems if I change any of the data stored in the linked table. Does anyone have any i...

Budget
I want to exclude all bills I enter from automatically being added to my Budget categories. It's very frustrating for Money 2006 (& earlier) to add them to my budget when I have my budget setup seperately from my bills and I want to kepp it that way. Is there anyway to do this, other than leaving the categories blank in the bills? Rick I don't think so. The integration between bills and budget is one of Money's features. I guess if you truly want a standalone budget, you could create a new file. -- "rs" <rsumral_NoSpam_today_l@gmail.com> wrote in...

Re: Comparing Data Need to Include & Exclude #2
Ok....i got it. Thanks for your help. ...

Exclude a folder from search
Using Outlook 2007 on Vista. Is there a way to exclude a folder from either Instant or Advanced Search? We would like to run searches from time to time that exclude emails in the "Sent" folder. -- www.editorialcalendar.net instant: no. advanced: yes, use the advanced tab and In Folder as the criteria and select does not contain from the condition selector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by em...