A plot (chart) of time series data may be used for many purposes.  From my
use two reasons I use such plots are:
Studying individual time series trends; and
Overall impression of all results.

But when studying multiple time series data a chart can become cluttered.
It would be useful if individual series could be seleceted as visible or
invisible so that they could be evaluated without losing the total plot.

At the moment the only way to "unclutter" the plot is to remove the
temporaily-unwanted series but it can be time consuming to reconstruct the
plot.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5e8876d5-f52e-4c7b-adfa-217c3d0c8445&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
Robert4087 (350)

Hi,

You might find Jon Peltier's example of selecting series to plot via
checkboxes helpful, rather than deleting series from the chart.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Switching to Us version of Money
Does anybody have any experience in switching from a French version to a US version of Money. I am concerned about not having to re-enter historic data. Thanks, Ed Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch from one country version of Money to that of a different country ...... "Ed" <edegalbert@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ab601c37cfd$672b58d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have any experience in switching from a > French version to a US version of Money. I am concerned > about not having to re-enter historic data. > Thanks, > Ed It's not e...

FRx
After an upgrade of FRx (thin client version of 6.7 now), when users change from the default company, they still only see the default company reports listed. What is missing? Duh. Just a spec set issue. Company | Spec Set Setup. "Richard Rook" wrote: > After an upgrade of FRx (thin client version of 6.7 now), when users change > from the default company, they still only see the default company reports > listed. What is missing? ...

Switching to relative reference for macro
Older versions of excel had the option to switch to relative reference when recording macros. This option doesn't appear available in excel 2002. Anyone know how you switch to relative reference for recording a macro? Hi Relative reference is located on the Record Macro toolbar after clicking Record New Macro. If that button is not available you will need to put the button back in using Customise toolbars or Add More Buttons... Tom ...

Switching between open windows
Somewere, and I can't remember where, I found an option to change the way I switch between open windows. Default is one click of the left mouse button when one is over the window or a piece of the window. This option I ran across allowed me to just hover over a window to make it current. Thinking it would save time and effort, I switched to hover. Big mistake. Now I would like to go back to the default method of one click of the left mouse button but for the life of me I can't find where to change it. -- Thanks in advance "RushL" <RushL@discussions.mi...

Thread switching infinite loop
Hi, My app has multiple threads with different prio's. All threads are guarded by 1 watchdog thread (looptime <1000ms). The WD-Thread is guarded by a HW-watchdog. If a thread hangs the Highest-Prio watchdog thread detects this, and calls a handler. This behaviour is coverred by unit-testcases, so please assume that the code is correct. To test this, I force a hang-situation by inserting : while(1); My watchdog does not detect this ! ( the wd-thread never runs anymore ?) Also the debugger is not responding anymore, I need to powerdown the target. I tried several variati...

SDI: Switching between main SDI app windows
I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and a CRichEditCtrl. When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to something larger (like Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have the font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger. This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for each control, and figuri...

Macro error after switching from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003
My company recently switched from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 and now a macro I created does not work. It gives me the error 1004 and highlights the line of code where I set it up to open certain files in a folder. This macro has been working for 6 months without fail and only has problems opening the Excel files I created after the switch to 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Without any other info the only suggestion is to see if your sheets have different names. For example, a statement like: Sheets("Feb Sales").Cells(i, j+5) = k might cause a 1004 error if the new workb...

2 Graphics cards? Switching the old one? Accelerator/expansions?
When is it appicable to have two graphics cards? I saw a demo on the web as how to do this. It sais they have to be side by side, have the same GPU and they were connected by a little piece and connected to the motherboard. If I were to update my graphics card, would I replace the old one, or insert the new one into an expansion port and leave the old one? Would they interfere or not work if two were in there and one was an older card with less capabilities than the newer one? How many graphics cards have an expansion to them? I have seen something like this in stores. On the...

Switching between alternate reply to addresses
Our organization supports multiple email domains. Some users have email addresses in two domains and they need to be able to switch between two reply to addresses easily. In Outlook, the FROM field will default to the users primary SMTP address. Can anyone suggest a method of switching between two or more reply to addresses? Thanks Katarina Barjaktarevic Take a look at ChooseFrom application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Katarina Barjaktarevic" <katarina_barj@hotmail.com> wrote: news:ORggBeT...

Switching to Native Mode
Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to Native Mode in Exchange 2003? No it isn't. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A475622-2CB9-4CA8-96F2-A9E357BD2A73@microsoft.com... > Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to > Native Mode in Exchange 2003? ...

Outlook express crashes when switching accounts
I have a freshly loaded XP system which is current will all patches. Frequently when I attempt to switch to a different identity the outlook window disapears (as usual), I get the hour glass then a few seconds later the hour glass disappears but outlook express process also disappears. After this condition has occured, outlook express will not start unless I logoff or reboot. I attempt to launch, get the hour glass, then the hour glass disappears but no outlook express process or window. At no time is an error message or other anomolous behavior raised. ...

Switching Outlook from One PC to New PC (Please Help)
I have specifically bought an external burner and burned my .PST file from my old laptop to a CD. However, I get errors when I tried to IMPORT to my new PC from the CD. ERRORS RECEIVED: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" "File Access denied. You don't have the permission required to access D:\Outlook Backup.pst" Does any helpful soul out there (or Microsoft employee) have any suggestions. I'm baffled why it won't import. Thanks. Remember Charma! ...

switching mailbox to a different user.
is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store for more than...

Causes of DDE Links switching from Automatic to Manual
Hello there, - Using Excel 97, 2000 or XP, NT or XP - Having a very active Workbook with hundreds of DDE Links. - Setting all DDE Links to Automatic (menu Edit --> Links). When requesting updates for the DDE Links, some of the links change to status of Manual. - Can you advise of what the possible causes for a DDE Link to change status from Automatic to Manual, and what are the possible solutions. ...

switching to quicken
Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken. I hate money 2005 with a passion. It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up. Can anyone see anything good about money 2005? Thanks Jack wrote: > Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken. I hate money > 2005 with a passion. It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, > rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way > to long to start up. Can anyone see anything good about money 2005? >...

excel 2007 hangs when switching worksheet
i am using excel 2007 in window 7 platform, my excel will randomly hang when i switch the worksheet of the same file, especially switch few times in few seconds. i have same problem post in http://www.ms-news.net/f1228/excel-2007-worksheet-switching-issue-using-windows-7-a-10575789.html , but the blog can not provide solution, hope here can provide solution to me. Thanks. Sorry: No solutions here either! You have posted in the Excel for Macintosh forum. The PC forums are down the passage: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Mind you, what you are doing is VERY...

Outlook Express won't restart when switching identities
I just switched to Oulook Express. Have 3 identities set up. Every now and then, when I am switching identities, right after it asks if I want to maintain my current internet connection, it shuts down and I cannot reopen the progam without restarting my computer. What stupid thing did I do this time? M This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE ...

Losing main form content when switching screens
When I change the focus from my Visual C++ app to another app (I.E. Excel) and back again, the main form does not repaint the contents of the form. It does repaint the background but not the content (I.E. text boxes). Can anyone tell me why or how to fix this Define more about this. What is a "main form"? A CFormView? A CDialog app? I've never seen this behavior, although misuse of UpdateData will certainly cause it. If you are using UpdateData, you are at risk. One of the many reasons I try to avoid it. joe On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:31:03 -0700, Robert <anonymous@disc...

switching CRichEditCtrl to single line mode
Hi all, I have a dialog with a rich edit box (CRichEditCtrl). I need to set it to single line mode. I cannot do that in the resource editor, because I want to use the same dialog in both singleline an multiline mode, depending on the program logic. I tried this: from the OnInitDialog() I called m_ctrl_text.ModifyStyleEx(ES_MULTILINE, 0, 0); did not help. then I tried to handle ON_WM_CREATE() like this: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(QMyRichEditCtrl, CRichEditCtrl) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(QMyRichEditCtrl) ON_WM_CREATE() //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() ///////////////////////////////////////////////...

Automatic Switching between Exchange/POP3
How do I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically change accounts from POP3 to Exchange when I am sending an email? Outlook XP never had trouble with this but with 2003 I have to manually choose the account to send the email by. No version of Outlook "automatically changed" - you always had to manually change the sending account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com...

Changing control Rowsource when switching records
I'm relatively new to Access to I hope this makes sense... I have a bound form with 2 combo boxes. The rowsource of the 2nd combo box depends on the selection in the 1st combo box, which has the same rowsource regardless of the record. The problem occurs when I switch between records. I reinitialize the rowsource in the On Current event, but the 2nd combobox selection then changes to the first one in the list. After I reset the rowsource I need to reset the value to the value in the table. J Pason wrote: > I'm relatively new to Access to I hope this makes sense... > ...

Switching Row & Column Headers
I have a whole bunch of data. The rows should actually be the columns, and Column A should be the column headers....make sense? Like this: Name Aname Bname Cname Dname Number 44 55 66 77 Letter ftr ftg fth fkk should Be: Name Number Letter Aname 44 ftr Bname 55 ftg Cname 66 fth Dname 77 fkk How do can I easily switch them? Thanks, Greta Hi Greta try the following: - Select your cells and copy them (CTRL+C) - Select your target area - Goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Trans...

Switching from Quattro Pro
I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! select cell, Copy, Paste special, values "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB0BF39-A93F-4A77-B9D6-D2A6B435FBAA@microsoft.com... : I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a : lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! Thank you Thank You!!!!!!!! You should also look at what Data > Te...

windows key + L for switching the user
On my new (used) computer the windows key + L for switching the user Is there a question in there somewhere? ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:01:01 -0800, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, dealhunter <dealhunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On my new (used) computer the windows key + L for switching the user dealhunter wrote: > On my new (used) computer the windows key + L for switching the user Flatten and rebuild. Boot from the OS installation CD, wipe the...