A plot (chart) of time series data may be used for many purposes.  From my
use two reasons I use such plots are:
Studying individual time series trends; and
Overall impression of all results.

But when studying multiple time series data a chart can become cluttered.
It would be useful if individual series could be seleceted as visible or
invisible so that they could be evaluated without losing the total plot.

At the moment the only way to "unclutter" the plot is to remove the
temporaily-unwanted series but it can be time consuming to reconstruct the
plot.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5e8876d5-f52e-4c7b-adfa-217c3d0c8445&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
Robert4087 (350)

Hi,

You might find Jon Peltier's example of selecting series to plot via
checkboxes helpful, rather than deleting series from the chart.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

switching essential to advanced budget
I'm aware of the problem that happens when you want to switch from Essential Budget to Advanced Budget. And I am following the steps found in this article (and also in these discussion archives) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899628 I am confused about deleting phantom categories. For instance, one of my phantom categories is "Charitable Donations: United Way". So I go to the "Categories and Payees" screen under account tools. Apparently I need to temporarily reassign this particular category to another top level category. Ok fine. But then that means I have to ...

Switching Mail Merge off?
I have a file that I was originally using mail merge with. Now I've decided I don't want to. However, every time I open the file it searches for the file containing the mail merge information and gives me two separate error messages. Is there a way to switch off mail merge within this file? I've tried searching online and in the help files but all I can find is instructions on how to set-up mail merge! I would just redo the file but it's quite large and took me a long time to setup the first time around. I'd rather not repeat all that work if possible. I'm usi...

OE Quits When Switching Identities
Please help me? Once OE stops working, I have to restart the whole computer to get OE to return. Thanks in advance. Paris-PST <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me? Once OE stops working, I have to restart > the whole computer to get OE to return. Thanks in advance. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Macro error after switching from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003
My company recently switched from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 and now a macro I created does not work. It gives me the error 1004 and highlights the line of code where I set it up to open certain files in a folder. This macro has been working for 6 months without fail and only has problems opening the Excel files I created after the switch to 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Without any other info the only suggestion is to see if your sheets have different names. For example, a statement like: Sheets("Feb Sales").Cells(i, j+5) = k might cause a 1004 error if the new workb...

switching x axis
Some of the data from my worksheet is plotted on the 1st Y axis, some on the second (as I want it to be). But the X axis appearing on my chart uses the dates from the 1st X axis. How do I get it to rather use dates from the 2nd X axis? Assuming the chart has both primary axes and both secondary axes. If a series is plotted on the primary axis, it has to use both primary axes. If it's plotted on the secondary axis, it has to use both secondary axes. A series cannot use one primary and one secondary axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions ...

Outlook Express
I had to revert back to using Outlook Express 6 since my Outlook 2000 seem to have an issue on my Windows XP Home edition computer. I can switch identities once, but when I try to go back, the program appears to close, and I can't bring it back up by clicking on the icon, until I logoff, and log back on. Is this a bug, or can this be fixed? Rod Known Issue: You can install the Cumulative update that fixes the issue or instead of going to file-switch identity choose Exit and Log Off Identity and then reopen Outlook Express and choose the other identity. This in NOT the Outlook Expre...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

Switching between open windows
Somewere, and I can't remember where, I found an option to change the way I switch between open windows. Default is one click of the left mouse button when one is over the window or a piece of the window. This option I ran across allowed me to just hover over a window to make it current. Thinking it would save time and effort, I switched to hover. Big mistake. Now I would like to go back to the default method of one click of the left mouse button but for the life of me I can't find where to change it. -- Thanks in advance "RushL" <RushL@discussions.mi...

switching identities #3
I use OL Express to access 2 e-mail accounts. I've set up 2 identities, but when I use File, Switch Identity and select a different identity OL closes and I can't get it to reopen without logging out of XP and back in again. Is this necessary? (I use Oulook Express 6 on Microsoft Office XP. ) thanks for your help, Beth -- http://www.quilterscourtyard.com/ Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.c...

Switching to Us version of Money
Does anybody have any experience in switching from a French version to a US version of Money. I am concerned about not having to re-enter historic data. Thanks, Ed Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch from one country version of Money to that of a different country ...... "Ed" <edegalbert@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ab601c37cfd$672b58d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have any experience in switching from a > French version to a US version of Money. I am concerned > about not having to re-enter historic data. > Thanks, > Ed It's not e...

access 2003 jumps to first record of form when switching to another application
Hi, does anyone know what causes access (2003) to jump to the first record of a form when you switch to another application? I have a main form with a tab control. Each tab has various forms/subforms. This behavior is happening with single forms, continuous forms, and datasheet forms. It's really disconcerting when your working on a record to have the application jump to another record everytime you switch to another app. The database is split into front/backend. Many Thanks Is there any code in the Activate event of the form? -- Bob Larson HTH :) ____________________________________...

Switching Between Showing Formula Or Actual Result In A Cell ?
Hello: Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of numbers. Pretty sure I did it correctly. When i look at the cell that should have the Sum, I see the formula. How do I switch between this cell showing the formular and/or the Sum ? Thanks, Bob you may have missed the = sign from in front of your formula "Robert11" wrote: > Hello: > > Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. > > I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of > numbers. &...

Windows Firewall switching itself back on?
This happens on 2 PC's using XP/SP3, I disable it because I'm using Zone Alarm Free. It blocks the PC's from sharing files etc. when it does this. Tried Comodo firewall but found it very irritating and the same thing was happening.. -- Kenny Cargill Something's (very) wrong on all 3 computers. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and are your subscriptions current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the c...

Switching from Quicken
I've used Quicken Home & business for years but want to try Money. Which version of Money should I buy? Will Money Premium be sufficient for personal & small busiess, or do I need to buy personal & small business? Thanks You definitely need Money Small Business 2004. No other version of Money handles any business transactions. >-----Original Message----- >I've used Quicken Home & business for years but want to >try Money. Which version of Money should I buy? Will >Money Premium be sufficient for personal & small busiess, >or do I need ...

switching identities
I need to go into my email account on some one lese camputer but my email is not on here. I tried adding a new identity but how can i find out which incomin and outgoing mail server i use? You need the same settings that are on your machine. You don't know who your mail server is? Use your ISP/Mail Server's Webmail site to check your mail. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "elvine isaacs" <elvine@distributors.co.za> wrote in message news:u7RqcQSuKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to go int...

Having some trouble after switching from IMO to CW
I'm trying to get our Outlook users converted from internet mail to corporate/workgroup mode, mainly to use an exchange server to share calendars. We're having several problems getting it to behave the way we'd like. The first problem is, we'd like have several mail accounts set up in order to be able to send mail as differenet addresses. In CW mode, I get the impression from some of the knowledge base articles that the only way to do this is to create separate profiles and have Outlook prompt you at startup. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks! No. Support for being...

Switching word Order

Keyboard characters switching in Gmail
I'm running WindowsXP. Quite often recently, while typing messages in Gmail, I must inadvertently hit a keyboard function combination which switches keyboard characters, so that what I'm typing is total gibberish. Trouble is, I don't know what key combination I've inadvertently hit -- maybe it changes keyboard from Qwerty to Dorvak or such. Has anyone else experienced this? Or found a keyboard combo to change it back? So far the only way I can regularise things is to quit Gmail and start all over again. Very frustrating, when typing in the heat of the moment..... Is ...

Switching OL Profiles
I seem to be unable to switch between my two profiles in OL 2003 without substantial trouble. For a while I was able to do so by closing OL in one profile and restareting it ans selecting the other profile. For the past many months I have had to open the Windows Task Manager after closing OL and stopping Outlook.exe and then restarting OL and selecting the other profile. M<Ore recently, however, even that step almost always fails. I am pretty much down to rebooting the darned computer in order to change profiles. And you know how long that can take. What am I doing wrong ...

excel 2007 hangs when switching worksheet
i am using excel 2007 in window 7 platform, my excel will randomly hang when i switch the worksheet of the same file, especially switch few times in few seconds. i have same problem post in http://www.ms-news.net/f1228/excel-2007-worksheet-switching-issue-using-windows-7-a-10575789.html , but the blog can not provide solution, hope here can provide solution to me. Thanks. Sorry: No solutions here either! You have posted in the Excel for Macintosh forum. The PC forums are down the passage: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Mind you, what you are doing is VERY...

Switching Row & Column Headers
I have a whole bunch of data. The rows should actually be the columns, and Column A should be the column headers....make sense? Like this: Name Aname Bname Cname Dname Number 44 55 66 77 Letter ftr ftg fth fkk should Be: Name Number Letter Aname 44 ftr Bname 55 ftg Cname 66 fth Dname 77 fkk How do can I easily switch them? Thanks, Greta Hi Greta try the following: - Select your cells and copy them (CTRL+C) - Select your target area - Goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Trans...

Switching from Quattro Pro
I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! select cell, Copy, Paste special, values "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB0BF39-A93F-4A77-B9D6-D2A6B435FBAA@microsoft.com... : I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a : lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! Thank you Thank You!!!!!!!! You should also look at what Data > Te...

Switching from Quattro Pro #2
Cells in Quattro Pro containing a formula display a mark in the lower left-hand corner. Holding the cursor over that mark causes a pop-up to reveal the formula. (They are called formula markers.) I thought Excel had a similar feature but, if it does, I haven't found the way to turn it on. Does it? Oh, Excel also has comments which sound like what you are describing, except they do not have anything to do with formulas (Insert->Comment). "Michael Gula" wrote: > Cells in Quattro Pro containing a formula display a mark in the lower > left-hand corner. Holding th...

Switching Domain Controllers
I have a 2003 active directory network that contains 3 domain controllers and 1 exchange 2003 server. My network is split into 2 segments. When the nearest Domain Controller (the one in the same network segment) is shutdown all of my clients using Outlook 2003 have connections problems, in particular getting to the address book. After about 30 seconds or so everything returns back to normal. Looking in the System and Application log there is no indication to what the problem may be. I have also tried NetDiag and all the tests pass. I think it is to do with the Exchange server not being a...

switching to quicken
Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken. I hate money 2005 with a passion. It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up. Can anyone see anything good about money 2005? Thanks Jack wrote: > Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken. I hate money > 2005 with a passion. It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, > rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way > to long to start up. Can anyone see anything good about money 2005? >...