Excel Charts do not update when Workbook recalculated

I have several good size excel workbooks with 30-40 charts with 5-1
series per chart which do not update when the workbook is recalculated
I have written a macro to select each series in each chart and redefin
the x axis values (but not changing it) - rather brute force as you wil
see - so that the charts can be easily ensured to be updated.  Is ther
an easier fix than this?  We are running excel 2003.

rather than 100's of lines of code like the following, can this be don
via something like

for each chart....
for each series....

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "='Weekl
Data'!R1C3:R1C94"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Weekl
Data'!R1C3:R1C94"

once is was set up it ran fine, but adding a chart or series was
pain.

thanks in advance....

--
duan

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49629

Printing an Excel doucument

Outlook security update
Hi I am trying to send a mailshot from outlook using vba. This brings up the usual security notice telling me that someone is trying to access the outlook and whether I want to allow it for x minutes. Is there a way to disable this in sbs2003/exchange2003? I believe there was a way for this in sbs2000/exchange2000 by placing an ms provided special form in the public folders and setting the required settings on the form. Thanks Regards Might want to look at something like: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:46:48 -00...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

% complete not getting updated in project professional
We are usin Priject Server 2003. We have % complete as the default method for reporting progress on tasks. Resource updates the % complete in My Task and submits for Project Managers approvals. Project Manager accepts the changes. It then automatically opens the Project Professional. It is upoosed to update the % complete in the project. But it is not updating the % complete in project and gives updation is successful message. Also if we try to use "Actual work done and work remaining" method, the actual work and remaining duration columns are not seen in My Tasks view...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

cannot rehome the recepient update service on EM
When I click on browse on the properties box for Recepient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration) What I get is the Operation failed error ID:80004005. from Exchange System Manager.Please is there a way around this error? Your response will be highly appreciated. Platform: Exchange 2003 Server SP1 , Windows Server 2003 SP1 -- Buchi That code is usually a permissions problem. I can't tell you anything more based on what you've posted. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsof...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it. Later when I attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the desktop. Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before. What kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!! -- David See the "How to obtain help" section of htt...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...