Excel 98 Question - Charts not updating when source data changes

Not sure if this is an issue on our LAN or if this is an Excel 98 bug -
I have got some spreadsheets that after I update the source data for
charts (on manual calculation) the actual chart will not reflect the
change.  If I select the series and hit enter on the formula bar, the
chart updates.  Any suggestions?  thanks

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319019

I don't use Excel 98, but maybe one of the following MSKB articles will
help:

XL98: Chart Is Not Updated When Data Is Changed
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=184364

XL98: Chart Data Labels Linked to Formulas Are Not Updated
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=184001

duane wrote:
> Not sure if this is an issue on our LAN or if this is an Excel 98 bug -
> I have got some spreadsheets that after I update the source data for
> charts (on manual calculation) the actual chart will not reflect the
> change.  If I select the series and hit enter on the formula bar, the
> chart updates.  Any suggestions?  thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Printing an Excel doucument

Outlook security update
Hi I am trying to send a mailshot from outlook using vba. This brings up the usual security notice telling me that someone is trying to access the outlook and whether I want to allow it for x minutes. Is there a way to disable this in sbs2003/exchange2003? I believe there was a way for this in sbs2000/exchange2000 by placing an ms provided special form in the public folders and setting the required settings on the form. Thanks Regards Might want to look at something like: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:46:48 -00...

help needed, pls, with trusted sources
Hi - Using Outlook 2000 and XP Home- When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: There is a program trying to access, etc.. allow Y, N, x minutes...' Is there a way to set this as a trusted source? The latest version of this software does not supply a COM add-in, as it's supposedly not needed.... but, I guess something is needed.... Thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Uncle Vinnie, you wrote on Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:53:19 -0500: > When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: > There is a program trying to acce...

Windows Update

mail-enabled user question
Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and mail-enabled user accounts for external clients. when i tried to forward those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com, there is no such an option on the client account properties panel. i was told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those accounts. I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading. i'm pretty new...

Changing Find settings
The default settings for my system are : within sheet, search by rows, lookin formulas. Is there any way to set the default to be: within workbook, search by columns, lookin values? Thank you, Fred How about a workbook_open macro that sets to desired -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37D1731B-3784-4E94-92DB-0534937C8266@microsoft.com... > The default settings for my system are : within sheet, search by rows, > lookin > formulas. > > Is there a...

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

% complete not getting updated in project professional
We are usin Priject Server 2003. We have % complete as the default method for reporting progress on tasks. Resource updates the % complete in My Task and submits for Project Managers approvals. Project Manager accepts the changes. It then automatically opens the Project Professional. It is upoosed to update the % complete in the project. But it is not updating the % complete in project and gives updation is successful message. Also if we try to use "Actual work done and work remaining" method, the actual work and remaining duration columns are not seen in My Tasks view...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

cannot rehome the recepient update service on EM
When I click on browse on the properties box for Recepient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration) What I get is the Operation failed error ID:80004005. from Exchange System Manager.Please is there a way around this error? Your response will be highly appreciated. Platform: Exchange 2003 Server SP1 , Windows Server 2003 SP1 -- Buchi That code is usually a permissions problem. I can't tell you anything more based on what you've posted. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsof...

Exporting CRM data/cases
Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifying a table (SQL) that would contain all data, including notes and attachments. I know there's an AnnotationsBase table and assume that's where the notes/attachments are but cannot find a way to link them back to the actual case. Thoughts? For each entity you have a so called "filtered view" in the <company name>_MSCRM database. This views are "supported" way of getting data from CRM. KTF wrote: > Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifyi...

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it. Later when I attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the desktop. Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before. What kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!! -- David See the "How to obtain help" section of htt...

double line spacing using excel 2000