Error: Unable to set the Xvalues property of the series class

I have VBA code that generates a paired-vectors of variant/varian
arrays A and B. I want to plot this A vs B on XYScatter chart for 4
different paired-vectors of A and B directly on the Chart. Each o
these A (and B) vectors are 360 elements long.

e.g.
For i = 1 to 40
Ai = -variant/variant array of 360 elements-
Bi = -variant/variant array of 360 elements-

With ActiveChart
.ChartType = xlXYScatter
Set ns = .SeriesCollection.NewSeries
With ns
.name = "A and B " & i
.XValues = Ai                 '->>>>
_this_is_where_I_get_the_abovementioned__Error_ -
.Values = Bi    End With End With
Next i

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I looked at Jon Pieltier's website where there is an example o
plotting multiple X Y series with different X and Y values but eithe
XValues are read in from a Worksheet Range or XValues are directly se
as -
.XValues = Array(10,20,30)

Neither of which are helpful here as my arrays are already created fro
some other VBA macro so I can't use "Array" function and writing to th
worksheet and reading back seems unnecessary.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND QUICK HELP
Cheers,
Sami

--
sami
samir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627

Samir -

If your arrays are greater than about 240 characters, you're not going to be able to
use them directly. Formulas in Excel cannot exceed 1024 characters, and apparently
this is split into four parts, for the four elements of a SERIES formula.

Putting the values into a worksheet might seem unnecessary, but it's really the only
way to handle a large array. (The ARRAY function was just a simple way to create a
VBA array for the example.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

samir wrote:

> I have VBA code that generates a paired-vectors of variant/variant
> arrays A and B. I want to plot this A vs B on XYScatter chart for 40
> different paired-vectors of A and B directly on the Chart. Each of
> these A (and B) vectors are 360 elements long.
>
> e.g.
> For i = 1 to 40
> Ai = -variant/variant array of 360 elements-
> Bi = -variant/variant array of 360 elements-
>
> With ActiveChart
> .ChartType = xlXYScatter
> Set ns = .SeriesCollection.NewSeries
> With ns
> .name = "A and B " & i
> .XValues = Ai                 '->>>>>
> _this_is_where_I_get_the_abovementioned__Error_ -
> .Values = Bi    End With End With
> Next i
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> I looked at Jon Pieltier's website where there is an example of
> plotting multiple X Y series with different X and Y values but either
> XValues are read in from a Worksheet Range or XValues are directly set
> as -
> .XValues = Array(10,20,30)
>
> Neither of which are helpful here as my arrays are already created from
> some other VBA macro so I can't use "Array" function and writing to the
> worksheet and reading back seems unnecessary.
> THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND QUICK HELP.
> Cheers,
> Samir

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

How do I set up annual "tick" marks on the horizontal axis?
I am trying to format the tick marks on the horizontal axis as years, e.g., 2000, 2001, 2002 etc. This should be easy but none of the "canned" formats let me do this. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, The number format would be YYYY assuming your source for the axis are date values. If the scale is a Time series scale you can also set the Major value to 1 and unit of Years. If you need more help can you provide information on xl version, chart type, axis type, data source for axis. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook?
Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook i.e. one for my wife and one for me? Version of Outlook, and if Outlook 98/2000, what mode? Easiest method = is to use separate Windows logons. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, MIKE asked: | Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook i.e. one | for my wife and one for me? ...

Error in closing Outlook

How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel docu.
How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it does in Word? File > PageSetup > Header/Footer > Custom Header and then click the filename button -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200737 "jwittrock" wrote: > How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it > does in Word? Do you mean appear on the blue title bar next to Microsoft Excel like Microsoft Excel - filename.xls That is the default behaviour for Excel workbooks. What are you seeing or not seeing? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Aug 20...

set row height upon opening excel
I would like to have the row height set to "20" upon opening or creating a new workbook. You can change the default setting for the column, why not for the height of a row. If there is a way to write a macro that will execute when that workbook is open I would be interested in that also. Thanks If you go to your Personal.xls, and paste this code in the "ThisWorkbook" page, it will automatically set the row height to 20. You may need to add this to the new sheet activate as well. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Cells.Select Selection.RowHeight = 20 End Sub &qu...

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

Set character specificiations for field in a table
Hello, I am working in a table in MS Access 2003 and one of my fields is store number. Stores are either a 3- or a 4-digit number (ex. 111, 1234). I have the data type set as text, but I can change it to number if it needs to be. Is there a way that I can set the field properties for the store number field so that the store number will always appear as a 4-digit number and if the store has only 3-digits it has a leading zero? Basically, if it is 4-digits already it will appear as is (ex. 1234), but if it is only 3-digits it will look like this: 0111. Any help you can prov...