error bars don't display consistently in excel

Hi,
I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I just
copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the new
data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for the
error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should
be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just
vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change
sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format? I
know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying doing
it every time.
Thanks.
0
Amy (241)

I'm using Excel 2003 by the way.

"Amy" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I just
> copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the new
> data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for the
> error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should
> be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just
> vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change
> sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format? I
> know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying doing
> it every time.
> Thanks.
0
Amy (241)
6/11/2006 10:58:02 PM
Amy -

I don't know how to prevent this annoyance. I just automatically change the
data by double clicking on the existing error bars, then click on the
Patterns tab and click on the icon with the end caps.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2003 by the way.
>
> "Amy" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I
>> just
>> copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the
>> new
>> data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for
>> the
>> error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should
>> be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just
>> vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change
>> sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format?
>> know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying
>> doing
>> it every time.
>> Thanks.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Excel Progrom Error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Re: Money 2004

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Technical error

Iterating the combo box and displaying the value after each change on seprate sheet.
Here i have a combo box form control, from where i will be picking the value and displaying it on other sheet. Now i am updating the sheet with combo box control, value is getting pasted on Consolidated-Report using: Worksheets("Consolidated-Report").Range("a9").Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value If now i again go back to combobox sheet and change the value, same cell is getting updated. I need to move to next row for each time the value is updated in combo box and paste the same on Consolidated-Report sheet. Note: A Combobox from the Control Toolbox has the name ComboBoxN; ...

How do I format text as a hyperlink in Excel
I want up to 1,00o cells in a single Excel worksheet to display as hyperlinks to general web addresses (mainly home pages). Each cell is a different web address. How do I format the Excel cells to display and act as a hyperlink? The formula to use is =HYPERLINK(actual_address, friendly_address) where actual_address is the full link to the website (or other excel sheets/files), and friendly_address is what is shown in the Excel cell - underlined and coloured blue. If friendly_address is missing, the actual_address is shown. Hope this helps. Pete Pete Thanks for this BUT I already hav...

CObject Private method access error

How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel docu.
How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it does in Word? File > PageSetup > Header/Footer > Custom Header and then click the filename button -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200737 "jwittrock" wrote: > How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it > does in Word? Do you mean appear on the blue title bar next to Microsoft Excel like Microsoft Excel - filename.xls That is the default behaviour for Excel workbooks. What are you seeing or not seeing? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Aug 20...

Error in closing Outlook

HELP MS WORD AND EXCEL thanks for the help
I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it. I have a column of text in excel. I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just the text that is found in my excel column. I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook look at a whole cell not part of it. Thanks for the help very much. Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three" in excel I have a column ...

Typing message error