Error bars, curve/line of best fit, axis help

I need help with putting the following into my chart:

1. Error bars (I have data)
2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each)
3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks*

* This is what I mean:

My x-axis has the following data marks:

0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3,

and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the plots
on the graph.

Thanks
--
You're the best
0

First and foremost, make sure you have constructed an XY chart, not a line
chart.

Error bars:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

Trendlines:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/09/choosing-a-trendline-type/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/05/trendline-fitting-errors/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/10/regression-approach-to-a-simple-physics-problem/

Tick Spacing:
Double click the axis, and enter the appropriate values in the boxes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"jschlarb" <jschlarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help with putting the following into my chart:
>
> 1. Error bars (I have data)
> 2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each)
> 3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks*
>

> * This is what I mean:
>
> My x-axis has the following data marks:
>
> 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3,
>
> and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the
> plots
> on the graph.
>
> Thanks
> --
> You're the best

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Help with Formula Please
I have the following formula in cell c1 in a spreadsheet: =IF(D1>A1,IF(B1="over","+"),IF(D1<A1,IF(B1="over","-",IF(D1<A1,IF(B1="under","+"),IF(D1>A1,IF(B1="under","-")))))) 200 over - 195 200 over + 205 200 under FALSE 205 200 under + 195 What I've done above is test the formula for all four possible outcomes. As you can see the third outcome in the table (the fourth argument in the formula) is false, but I want it to read "-". I have changed the formula around every way I can thi...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

need help coming up with a formula.
I know just enough in Excel that I know I can get the info I want but not enough to know how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. I am working with 2 columns of data, for example: Days in Stock____________Cost 2_____________________$300 21____________________$400 117___________________$600 8_____________________$400 37____________________$500 78____________________$500 What I want to calculate is the average cost for 0-10 days in stock (($300 + $400)/2= $350), the average cost for 11-60 days in stock, and the average cost for 60+ days in stock. What sort of formula would best cal...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

HELP MS WORD AND EXCEL thanks for the help
I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it. I have a column of text in excel. I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just the text that is found in my excel column. I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook look at a whole cell not part of it. Thanks for the help very much. Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three" in excel I have a column ...

Typing message error

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

Determine whether test will fit in textbox
I have a continuous form that I am using to display a bunch of text to a user, so they can easily scroll through the records. I'm looking for a function which I can run that will tell me whether the text in the textbox is completely visible or not. Ideally, I'd like to use this function in a conditional formatting criteria so that if the text exceeds what is visible in the textbox, I can color code the textbox. Any ideas? -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. Dale, I think the first thing you ...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

need to create a bar chart with a centre axis
Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense Hi, Sounds like a Tornado chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tornado/index.html Cheers Andy Gover wrote: > Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the > left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a > comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense > ...