Erroneous Error? re >32,000 data plots in 2D chart

I am getting the error regarding >32,000 data points in a 2D charts in
Excel 2003.  The same error as in the following post;

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/browse_frm/thread/79458c5c753083a2

However, the largest series I am plotting is only 16,401 data points
long.

Has anyone previously come across this error statement issued in
error?

===========
More background.

Have defined some chart series using dynamic named ranges.
E.G., name the following range "Series1", =OFFSET('C'!$M
$20,,,COUNTA('C'!$M$20:$M$30000),1)
Then in Chart/Source Data/Series/Values put "='WorkBook.xls'!Series1"

I considered this as the source of the problem, thinking that even
though the dynamically filled area is only 16,401 data points, the
offset area might still be upsetting it.

However, as you can see, the dynamic area is still <32,000 data
points.

Secondary question: my dynamically named ranges don't appear in the
"Name Box" on the toolbar.  Is that normal behaviour?
0
inews (14)

Ah, NOW I see.  However, am still interested in the secondary
question;

"my dynamically named ranges don't appear in the
"Name Box" on the toolbar.  Is that normal behaviour? "

However, have sorted the 32,000 data points question.

I have a number of 2D charts over an area of data which normally is
restricted by autofilter.  The area is 63,000 data points, which is
normally not a problem, with autofilter restricting those to a few
thousand at a time.

It so happens that that area is empty at the moment.
Fix; Fill with dummy data. First cell with "1", fill remaining 62,999
cells with "2".  Apply custom autofilter to only show "1".  Charts now
show 1 data point of value "1". Will wait to see if problem goes
away.  For some reason, the error used only to show up after a period
of time.
0
inews (14)
3/6/2008 1:12:02 AM
<inews@questuscorp.com> wrote in message
> Ah, NOW I see.  However, am still interested in the secondary
> question;
>
> "my dynamically named ranges don't appear in the
> "Name Box" on the toolbar.  Is that normal behaviour? "

Yes, that's typical behavior.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/6/2008 3:29:17 AM
> Yes, that's typical behavior.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
> _______

Thanks Jon.
0
inews (14)

929 errors
Hi, I recently upgraded my exchange server from 2000 to 2003. In exchange 2000 I was getting quite a few 929 errors in the application log. I figured they would go away when I upgrade to 2003. When I was running both 2000 and 2003 I did not get any of these errors on the 2003 machine. Now that I have removed 2000 from the domain I start to get the 929 errors on the 2003 server. Here is the error: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1676 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=smtp for micro1,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Gro...

Bar charts
I'm pasting bar charts (as pictures) into powerpoint slides. (around 300 of them). The charts are EXTREMELY tiny - font size 3pt (autoscale off!) - i've run the excel gauntlet with axis truncating, fonts distorting etc. and have found fixes for most of it. (after 300 charts, my aunt's cat would have found it!) The bars (when they are correctly sized, are 1mm wide) HOWEVER - one tiny (and potentially project flooring) glitch remain beyond my reach: The bars, once pasted, are completely irregular sizes - some as small as 0.3mm - in the same graph! Soooooo - I have been forc...

Erroneous Returned Mail
I am getting erroneous returned mail in my in basket...regarding unknown e-mails to unknown addresses that I never sent. My inbox also shows (1) unread, but I can't find it. Could this causing the problem? "DJR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a5c01c3e693$560cdb50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting erroneous returned mail in my in > basket...regarding unknown e-mails to unknown addresses > that I never sent. It's caused by others who have your email address on their machines and are infected by the Swen virus - just delete th...

Manufacturing MRP error
I get the following error at the end of the MRP regeneration, I click OK and it will print the very long report. I am not sure though that MRP is actually finishing becuase the history window shows incomplete. Here is the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). Does anyone have any idea what this error message is? -- Doug Under the Debug button: 'MRP_Regen',1,6/12/2008, 18,3,1,1,0,1 'mmrpRegneFullStart',0, 6/12/2008, "E0111",18,3,1,1,0,1,0,0 -- Doug "Doug" wrote: > I get the following err...

Pivot Charts #5
Sorry if this is doubled we lost power when I hit send and I don't see it I have a pivot chart where the x axis has dates. It currently is displayed as 7/31/08 and I need it to be Jul-08. I have gone into the format area chosen number then date and chosen the Jul-08 format but it doesn't change on the Pivot chart. it still shows as 7/31/08. How can I change this I think I'm choosing the right thing but since it hasn't changed I guess I'm not HELP!!!!!! -- Cher The pivot chart number formats are controlled by the field format in the pivot table. Right-click a ...

How to print chart sheets only?
Hello colleagues, I'm working on 10 excel files for a client, and having trouble figuring out how to print them the way I want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Each file contains one large data worksheet, which prints out 17 pages, plus several charts, each on its own sheet, created from various parts of the data worksheet. There are from 5 to 20 separate chart sheets in each file. I want to print JUST the chart sheets in each file, and NOT the 17 pages of data. The only way I can figure doing this is to open ALL the charts, one at a time, and choose "Active Sheet" t...

Syntax error?
I am trying to run the code below and am getting a syntax erroe missing operator in query expression 'dmanumber = and density=' ANy ideas??? Sub Load_storeperiods() Dim conDatabase As ADODB.Connection Dim strSQL As String Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Set conDatabase = CurrentProject.Connection strSQL = "select * from yum_impacter_input" & _ " where dmanumber = " & ex_store_dma & _ " and density = " & ex_density Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset rs.Open strSQL, conDatabase ...

eseutil -1032 error, files are locked
Hi By mistake I closed the CMD-windows when eseutil /d was running, and now the files are locked. Is there a way to unlock those files? I cannot defrag with eseutil anymore because of this. Thanks, Thomas Ooops, I am such a n00b, pls reply below and not here. Thomas "Thomas Degel" wrote: > Hi > > By mistake I closed the CMD-windows when eseutil /d was running, and now the > files are locked. Is there a way to unlock those files? I cannot defrag with > eseutil anymore because of this. > > Thanks, Thomas You need to either kill ESEUTIL process or reboo...

error #2
Hi, I had a vc++6 project. I had developed another project in vc++ NET 2003. I wanted some functionality from the new project in the old project. SO I converted the old project to .sln. I then took files from the new project and then added to the created solution. I get these errors though afxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)" (??_U@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSV...

Line Chart Questions
How can I Update the Line Chart automatically having different groups of data entered? Eg. Operator key in figures from the numbers 1-2 in column A then the chart for this range is updated automatically. When Operator key in 3-4 in column A, then another chart for 3-4 range is updated. How to do this? ...

Re: Select all entry data from two linked (with a relationship) Tables
"ADAO ZETTERMANN" <adaozettermann@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:... > > "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> escreveu na > mensagem news:OhoVSHAeKHA.4224@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> That won't work, Karl: you'll get a complaint about OrderNumber being >> ambiguous, since it exists in both tables and you're not qualifying which >> one you want. in the Select clause. >> >> -- >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP >> http://I.Am/DougSteele >> (no e-mails, ...

Opening a window with VBA/storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...

REPORTS ERROR #6
Hi, I can't launch reports , events on Windows 2003 serv is follow : Web service request SetParameters to Report Server http://ucserv:8085/repor= tserver failed with SoapException. Error: =C9chec de l'ouverture de session. (rsLogonFailed) If anyone can help me please . Best Regards Bernard ...

Error 0x00040820
Hola, Este error me esta dando al querer bajar los correos de exchange.. "ÆMicrosoft de tarea ServerÆ de Exchange informó de error (0x00040820) : errores en sincronización de fondo. En la mayoría de casos, la información además es disponible en un registro de sincronización en la carpeta de elementos Deleted. " Alguien tiene alguna idea de como puedo resolver este problema ya que reviso en el server y no encuentro nada fuera de lo normal. Saludos Javier Javieranria@hotmail.com Javier Compruebe su generaci�n y r�plica fuera de l�nea del ...

Msimn error #3
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. All of a sudden when i am opening up my Outlook Express it freezes. When i do ctrl/alt/del the box pops up and says Msimn not responding. Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any help!! ...

How do I create different scales on Excel charts?
I want to create two different scales in metric and imperial. Is this possible You can do this using primary and secondary axes. In order to get a secondary axis, you need a second series. It can be a dummy series formatted to be hidden. Before hiding it, however, double click on it, and on the Axis tab of the dialog select Secondary. Format the secondary axis as desired, and calculate the maximum scale value you need so that the axes properly line up. This will not occur automatically in Excel. You either need to do it manually or through use of a macro. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, M...

Out of Memory Error, Error Handling!
Hi, Note1: I currently have a macro that accesses thousands of rows of data in a particular worksheet of the same workbook & generates a summary. Hence, i want to check if there is sufficient memory space (that the m/c would not hang) and then continue to the next line of code. I am checking for "err.number <> 0" at specific points to determine if it is ok to continue and also using "application.cutcopymode = false" where ever applicable. Have i missed out on anything? Is there a specific error number for "out of memory" or something ? Further,...

Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)'
I have a tree list control I want to populate with Categories based on a Client. The client number is input into a text box & then the update event populates the tree based on the selection. I get a syntax error when it tries to open the recordset based on the SQL. Two tables are invloved (Client & Categories; in a 1-to-many relationship on pID field). Here'e the code: Dim rstCategory As New ADODB.recordset, rstComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim rstSubComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim tvwTree As Object Dim nodX As Node Dim I As Integer Dim blnAllRecs As B...

CRM Outlook error
We are getting errors in the CRM Outlook client that seems to indicate that the user cannot authenticate with the web server. Tracking e-mails works OK, but when the user clicks "Regarding" to assign the email to an account (not the contact it was sent to), a "red-x" CRM error page comes up that says "An error has occured". The event log has errors that indicate a bad username and password. Loading CRM from IE works fine - no login box comes up. I have had her clear all passwords and clear the IE cache, but the error still shows up. It apparently start...

Sp2 issues and error messages
Hi I have just upgraded my SBS2003 server to Exchange SP2 and I am now repeatidly seeing two errors in the Applications Event log: MSExchangeAL and MSExchange SA with error codes 8231 and 9153 I have followed the links and read the KB articles but they seem to refer to a mixed environment with Exchange 5.5 which we have never had. Can someone tell me what I've done wrong please thanks A Hi, What are the text messages of the events? These might help: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8231&eventno=2553&source=MSExchangeAL&phase=1 http://www.eventid.net/displ...

error: 2147417848
I'm doing a quantitative frequency distribution in megastat "exel" when I click ok, the following appears : Error No. -2147417848 (Method 'Offset' of object 'Range' failed) has occurred in Frequency Distributions - Quantitative....... :( can somebody help me ..... Aundrea Open the Excel sheet, Then, press "Alt+F11".Microsoft Visual Basic opens up. Click on "Insert" tab, select 'Module". then, copy & paste the codes given below in the Module(code). Dim max_reihen As Integer, lowestRow As Integer, latestCol As Integer D...

Data Validation range
Hi, in my book i have a cell with data validation set up to collect data from a range B5:B1005. every month, this range is empty and gets filled up throughout the month. my problem is as i have set the validation range to look at the range B5:B1005, i get a massive dropdown box which ( when i have only 20 items ), is alot of space. can the validation range be sort of active so if there is only 20 items in the range, it only lists the 20 items without the other 800 spaces from the empty cell? i thought maybe a named range but i cannot get it to do what i need. any ideas greatly apprecia...

Chart source data invalidated when workbook refreshed
Hi all, We have a workbook with vba code which fetches data from the backend and displays it. Now i have a chart defined for some data in this workbook and then i refresh this workbook. The problem is the chart source data is invalidated for the new workbook data. Any solution for this ? Any help is highly appreciated :-) Louis - How does the macro refresh the data? Could you make use of a dynamic chart instead, for example, one that charts the last N points in the table? Here's some Dynamic Charting examples and links: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics...

Word Errors
I have had two constant errors for quite some time now. First a little back ground. I have a xServe G4 with OSX Server 10.3.4 providing authentication and home directories for my users. A xServe RAID is what I am using for my storage on the server. All clients have v.X Office on the computers, and all computers are running OSX 10.3.4. Here is my first error: You cannot save while the file is in use by another process. Try saving the file with a new name. (AutoRecovery save of Document1) After clicking ok this other message appears: Saving AutoRecovery file is postponed for Document1...

Linking error LNK2001
Hi All, I am facing a very unique problem while compling my project in "Release" build. The project is building in DEBUG mode but giving linking error on Release build. Here is the error: Creating library Release/fnimqcmd.lib and object Release/fnimqcmd.exp CoIMQCmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(unsigned short)" (__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_ traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXG@Z) CoIM...