Embeded Links

I have embedded links in some files, but there are no
names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to
other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting
these 'ghost' links.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
try the following add-in to find/delete links:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have embedded links in some files, but there are no
> names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to
> other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting
> these 'ghost' links.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

linking spreadsheets to word
hi, i've linked 1 spreadsheet to another spreadsheet in excel, but now i need to link the spreadsheet to MS Word. therefore whenever i update the spreadsheet in Excel, the MS Word one will also get updated how would i do that? thankyou very much Open word. Drag and drop the spreadsheet. -- Steve "puthp" <puthp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E47BAE1-13F4-4055-A4D1-84D36ED1B4C1@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i've linked 1 spreadsheet to another spreadsheet in excel, but now i need > to > link the spreadsheet to MS Word. therefore w...

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

Can't open internet links within Outlook 2000 E-mails
I have a user who cannot open internet links within his E- Mails. When he sends the E-Mails to me I can open them. ...

Collection of links
Hello, it is a great forum and very interesting, but i cannot find foru rules Greetings, I wish to share with you the collection of links concernin Internet trading, the finances, loans and work in the forex market. http://trading-software.finance-on-line.biz http://tax-lien.finance-on-line.biz http://stock.finance-on-line.biz http://online-trading.finance-on-line.biz http://online-banking.finance-on-line.biz http://mortgage.finance-on-line.biz http://forex-trading.finance-on-line.biz http://fast-cash-loan.finance-on-line.biz http://earn-money-at-home.finance-on-line.biz http://broker...

How to paste a list of hyperlinks (e.g. list of external blog links) into Excel and keep the titles and the links?
I'm trying to copy groups of titles and the associated hyperlinks from a web page into either excel or word (both really). Office on my PC does this by default, but on my Mac with Office 2004, the list always comes in without links. I can do it one-by-one, but I need to copy/ paste long lists. Any ideas? Is it even possible? Susan What browser are you using? Because different browsers put different information on the clipboard. Also, can you link the page in question (or a similar one) here? And, what exact version of Office 2004? Because I copy web text with links into Word all th...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

linked table from excel via vba and ADO object
Hi all,is there a way to automate linked table with the ADO object using VBAof course...

links and hyper-links
Hello everyone, Hey I am trying to do a few things in Excel and need some help. There are three things. 1. I am trying to link data from one sheet in a workbook to another sheet in the same workbook. Where I can change data in a master sheet and it changes in the linked sheets workbook. This is not the same as a hyperlink (that I know of), more like I am trying to make a non hyperlink link. 2. The flip side of this I want a hyperlink in place of the regular link I am talking about in 1. 3. How can I link the data in both senses above to another workbook? Hopefully I clarified...

OWA emails with web links
I have a Front end Exchange 2003 server and 3 back end servers, when a user in the network tries to put a link that refers to a file on my web server.(http://www.vestal.k12.ny.us/news/lookatus/june.pdf) anyone trying to view it gets this: "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer" Are the emails formatted as HTML? If so check that they are actually pointing to a valid address in the HTML source. Nue "tmac1965" <tmac1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86D337F3-A9EC-48D9-A007-378033E01706@microsoft...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

links not updating
Hi I have two files. Data in File 1 is linked to data in file 2. I have both the files open. When I change a value in file 2, the data in file 1 should update automatically. This doesn't seem to be happening. I have to go to each cell and hit F2 for the update to happen. I've tried both F9 and Shift-F9. The calcuations are set to automatic but still it doesn't update uatomatically. Any idea what is happening? Thanks Utkarsh Do you have calculation set to automatic (tools|Options|calculation tab)? If yes, are you sure you have both workbooks open in the same instance of excel? ...

Linked Table Manager is empty
I have access 2007 and the Linked Table Manager is empty. How do I activate this feature? Anyone? i think u should press F1 to ask for help Do you currently have any Linked tables? If No: The Linked table manager will only display tables that have already been linked. To create a linked table in prior versions was File>GetExternalData>Link. Not sure what the sequence is in 2007. If Yes: You got me. I have no idea why it would be blank. Re run installation or try to do a repair would be my first thoughts. -- HTH, George "Dazz" <Dazz@discussions.m...

How do I link a cell to 2 other cells
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to link the data in A7 (item) to B7 (description) and E7 (price) in worksheet 1, then link all above data to worksheet 2 by clicking A7? Please tell me how to do this. I have a price log (worksheet 1) that I am trying to link to an invoice (worksheet 2). Thanks You could try something like this =Sheet1!A7&", "&(Sheet1!B7)&", "&(Sheet1!E7) place this formula in Sheet2 where you want the results and it will show " Item, Description, Price " in one cell. no need to click on a cell, it will update automatically H...

outlook wont follow links to websites
When I click on a link with in an email it opens IE but will not go to the location of the link Which version of Outlook, Windows and Internet Explorer are you using? Tried resetting IE already and reregister it as the default browser in Windows? For additional solutions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Roger" <Roge...

Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?
I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo. Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see it!? The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art alike) are embedded. I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used to...could some update have caused this? I use Publisher 3003. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER! Teresa K wrote: > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my ...

Spezial Link Types in Outlook
Hey NG, how can i make outlook to show spezial text as hyperlinks? I want outlook to show navision://foo_bar as an hyperlink (like http://foo_bar mailto:foo_bar) in text-only messages. The URL:Navision-Protocol is set in filetypes. Thanks in advance regards tobias tobi <t.ortmann@web.de> wrote: > how can i make outlook to show spezial text as hyperlinks? I want > outlook to show navision://foo_bar as an hyperlink (like > http://foo_bar mailto:foo_bar) in text-only messages. > > The URL:Navision-Protocol is set in filetypes. I believe the recognition of URLs in te...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...

Embeded Links
I have embedded links in some files, but there are no names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting these 'ghost' links. Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0beb01c46e83$c3cc8c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have embedded links in some files, but there are no > names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to...

Link to browser #2
When I try to link to my browser thru Outlook, my browser fails to pick up the address. pete new haven <petenewhaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to link to my browser thru Outlook, my browser fails to > pick up the address. What do you mean by "fails to pick up"? Does your browser not open? How are you trying to "link to" your browser? Do you mean your clicking a link that appears within a mail message? WHat exactly happens when you try? What version of Outlook are you using? -- Brian Tillman Brian, "Brian Tillman"...

Linking two textboxes
Hi. In the newsletter template two textboxes contains the same text. If i write something else in one of the textboxes, the other one changes automatically. How do I set up two new textboxes this function?? It can be done but it's a bit cumbersome. I posted this the other month. Let me know if/how it works for you. "Start with a newletter template. Delete out everything except for the newsletter title on page 1. Change the format and the text to whatever you want. You can copy and paste that text box as many times as you need, adding pages as needed. Whenever you change the te...

How do I sort linked cells ?
I have worksheets listing score totals for individuals in a tournament. Some people are in more than one tournament, hence, more than one worksheet. When I create an +overall" worksheet that links to the separate tournaments, I can add all the points together for people who are in more than one tournament, but when I sort the orginal worksheets, it messes up the order in the "overall" worksheet. Is there a way to make the linked cells stay where they are out? I have tried naming cells and making them absolute, but a sort in tournament 1, moves the "overall" ce...

Quick Links in Customize HomePage can't get Fixed Asset reports
When you click on Customize This Page. Quick Links, Add, Microsoft Dynamics GP window, Reports, Fixed Assets, there is nothing to add. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the FA reports on the home page. We can use the shortcut bar, however. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Internet Explorer 8 links issue
Hi All! I have a simple website I created using Windows Publisher. Up until I installed Internet Explorer 8, I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I installed IE8, and next thing you know, whenever I go to the website, the links that normally appear on the left hand side of the webpages are gone! I used IE7 on another computer to check out the website, and the links are there and I can surf to other pages with no difficulties! Is there any changes I can make to IE8 - I used pretty much the default settings... Thanks! First, Publisher should never be used for website work,...

Embedding
Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, commericial printing tools, fonts. Phillipa Bloom <pbloom@blooms.demon.co.uk> was very recently heard to utter: > Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller > even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, > commericial printing tools, fonts. Tools > Commercial Print Tools > Fonts tells you whether a font is embedded in the Publisher document. To adjust the embedding settings for Distil...

Embedding and Printing Excel into Word
I have a need to print an Excel file in landscape (multiple pages) but have a header/footer along the 8.5" edge of the page. I've been doing this in a two step process. First I would create and print the header/footer in Word in portrait layout, print in reverse order, load printer sheets into the printer feed tray and then print the Excel file in landscape between the header/footer. Not only does this take aditional time but the toner has a tendacy of smudging on some of the printed pages. Does anyone have an idea on a better method? ...