Embeddd Charts Page Crashing Excel

I have a worksheet with 10 charts that I have embedded into a second
workbook.  When co-workers update the file, save and close, it crashes their
Excel. I have embedded the worksheet by inserting an object.  Any idesa on
what may be causing this or how I may do the page differently? Thx
0
failing (1)

Working betwen excel and acces
What I want to do now is the following: I have a sheet in excel that every time I run a macro, 8 rows are copied to this sheet, I want to INSERT (not to copy) the 8 rows but insted of exces, in an acces workbook, Is this possible???? Access doesn't have workbooks they have tables. In Access, why don't you relate a table to a worksheet in your workbook. Go to Access and select... FILE / GET EXTERNAL DATA / LINK TABLES / ..... HTH, Gary Brown "filo666" wrote: > What I want to do now is the following: > > I have a sheet in excel that every time I run a macro,...

Formatted Excel Range Cuts off when copied to PPT & Word
Hi... I have been trying to copy an Excel Spreadsheet into PPT, but have had problems. In order to solve it, I created new .xls and .ppt files to create a test, but got the same problems... The following steps recreate the problem: 1) In a blank spreadsheet, I placed a single number in each cell, starting at A1 and going across to AS, until there are 1 through 45 across. Format them in some way... say Red text with an underline. 2) Set the width of all the columns to 2.00 (0.11 inches). 3) Select A1:AS 4) Copy (or Add to Scrapbook) -- The result is the same with both. 5) From Scrapbook,...

Chart to Word
I am trying to get a chart to Word using VBA and keep getting the worksheet as well. Does anyone have any ideas? Jon Peltier has instructions for copying charts to Word: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html jj wrote: > I am trying to get a chart to Word using VBA and keep getting the worksheet > as well. Does anyone have any ideas? > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I auto number an equation on the right side of the page.
I have a large document with many equations. I need to number the equations such that the numbers appear on the right side of the page and are numbered automatically. I would simply use numbered lists, but I must have the numbers on the right side of the page. Create a one row two column table with the column widths adjusted so that the first column suits your equations and the second is wide enough for the numbers. In the second cell insert a { SEQ Equation } field and then copy and paste that table where-ever you want to insert an equation. You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert t...

Q: VBA --> Org Chart?
Q: does anyone know of an article/link to VBA which will allow me to automate the creation of an org chart in MS Excel 2003? thanks Howard_nyc@yahoo.com ...

ignoring zero values in excel charts
I am trying to create an x/y scatter plot from an excel sheet where the cells in the data range contain formulae which sometimes return a zero value - when this occurs I want the chart to ignore the value as though the cell was empty but I am having no luck in doing this. It would also be nice if the LINEST function could be made to ignore zero values as well. Having the same problem. It's okay if there is absolutely nothing in the cell the chart is pulling from, but if the actual value is zero, it dips down and looks very distracting. I have tried various different ways to get ...

chart from Pivot chart
I have a Pivot Table that is generated from an OLAP cube. I created a Pivot Chart, but this is not as flexible as I would like. I want to add a couple of extra trendlines so that I can see if my data series falls within an acceptable range. To accomplish what I want I create a standard chart, use VBA to get the series & axes from the Pivot Chart, and then add the series and axes to the standard chart. All of that is working well. Except for one thing. I can't get the category axis to format the same way as it is formatted on the Pivot Chart. For example, if I use a date as my ro...

Page Size #2
Can anyone tell me what the width of a webpage should be in MS Publisher, if the page is to be viewed at "medium" text side and with no horizontal scroll bar. When I preview my webpages now, they always include horizontal scroll bars. I just want my page to have a vertical scrollbar, so what should the page width be? Thanks That's going to depend on the monitor size. I have a 19" and use IE to surf. I don't usally have a problem. My mom, on the other hand, has a 15" monitor and uses AOL's built-in browser. Believe me, with all of the crap that is built ...

Delete selected major gridlines in a chart
I have an x axis with the values -50, -40, -30, -20, -10, 0, 10, 20, 30 with all values in %. I would like for only gridlines to be displayed at the -20 and 0 points along the axis. How can I do this? I have not found a solution yet searching on the web. thanks Gridlines come as a set. You can remove them all, assume the crossing axis can represent the 0 value, and use one of these techniques to add a line at -20: Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Excel 2007 error msg when saving
In Excel 2007, when saving a file, we get the following message... "Errors were detected while saving FILENAME. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features" If we click continue, it gives us the file selection screen to "save as" Press enter, and we get "The file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If click "yes", the next message is "No errors were detected in FILENAME. No repairs were necessary" Click OK and it saves the file. I have searched newsgroups, but only find references to Tr...

Piled up Bar chart and Line Chart
I want to generate one chart which contains three values in piled up bars, and two values in line. I could generate one chart that has side bars and lines but not the one I need. Thanks for any idea, I need it asap. Thanks again! On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:21:53 -0800, Emece = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to generate one chart which contains three values > in piled up bars, and two values in line. I could generate > one chart that has side bars and lines but not the one I > need. Thanks for any idea, I need it asap. > > Thanks again! Create ...

Error using Data Query within Excel 2000
I receive the error Invalid bracketing of name 'xls" hi not enough infomation. post example of "invalid Bracketing" also data query code. regards FSt1 "thunter" wrote: > I receive the error Invalid bracketing of name 'xls" ...

How to open Excel email attachment
I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not the file. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "thomnic (removethis) @earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:379401c48f74$cd8c5180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I > cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel > 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not > the fil...

Formula for charts
Hi all, I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant value. When I tried to copy the function to another cell, B8 is changed to B9. I only want D49 to change. How do I keep Excel from changing B8? Thanks! Hi, You need to use absolute references ($) rather then relative ones. =D49-D49*($B$8*$B$8) Cheers Andy PPP wrote: > Hi all, > > I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) > > D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant > v...

Thermometer Chart
I tried to use Andy Pope's website but I must be doint something wrong. Each time I try to paste the image of the thermometer, it is no longer transparent. Can anyone help Thanks Hi, Assuming you are trying the thermometer from the 'Original' worksheet. Try selecting the image then with the Shift key held down use the menu Edit. You should see a new menu item 'Copy as Picture'. From the dialog choose Picture and As shown on screen. Then paste that. If that works please post back and I can make am amendment to my instructions. Cheers Andy gailb14@yahoo.com wrote:...

2 scales in 1 chart
Hi, I'm using xl'97 and I'm trying to chart 2 different tables to 1 chart. To do this I would need XL to display 1 scale on left and another one on right sided of the chart and then chart both tables to 1 chart. Is this possible ? Thanks for help, Sirritys Plot both series on the chart. Then, double-click the series you want on the secondary (right) axis, and in the resulting dialog box, from the Axis tab, select 'Secondary'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In art...

Converting Excel
I have to send customers price lists produced in Excel as a attachment, I have one or two who email back and say" they do not support Excel could I convert to a Word document". Is this possible and how do you do it ? I am using Word and Excel 2000. Thank you to anybody who can help. John If you don't have any macros in there, then send them the Excel viewer as well, or point them to the download. It's a small file and will allow them to view and print. Much better idea IMO. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&...

Line spacing seems to change when I "preview" web page
I have created my web page in Publisher and lined everything up exactly as I want it to display. I have text boxes surrounding pictures, etc. As soon as I preview the web site, the line spacing seems to decrease almost by half and my previously aligned paragraphs are now out of alignment with my pictures. It doesn't matter if I'm using a single text box or connected text boxes - the result is the same every time. How do I get Publisher to keep the line spacing in tact when converting it to a web page? Using tables wherever possible might help but if you can change to FrontPage ...

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...

Excel 2003 .XLS files
Our mainframe sends our users files saved as .XLS with no "file names" only ..XLS extension. In previous versions of Excel we were able to open an attachent .XLS with no file name. So, the attachments are received as; .XLS and no file name. I know that if I save the file with a file name the file opens the attachment that the mainframe send. Please Help!!! El Maestro ...

Tabbed pages a la http://www.expedia.ca and using frames
Hi, my name is Jonny and I'm making a website. The person that I a making the website for wants the website to have a similar design to http://www.expedia.ca, she wants the tabs at the top. I could copy the html from the source or I code do some php'ing, but I'm just wondering if there is a similar option in Publisher. Remember, she wants something like http://www.expedia.ca. Also, how do I make frames in Publisher? In HTML for example, I'd have a frame such that would load different pages when the user clicks a button in the menu. I want to have the top of the page an...

How can I export or copy charts to power point?
Hi I have 1 workbook which contains 4 sheets. Each sheet has 2 charts and I want all that charts in each sheet to copy them or export them to powerpoint. I want to do that by VBA Excel Code. I already have my code for opening the specific ppt file. But I cannot transfer/copy/export the charts. Is there any help please? I put my code for opening the ppt file. Sub openppt() Dim Brocoli As Object Dim Potato As Object Dim carot As String carot = "C:\Test\THIS IS A TEST.ppt" Set Brocoli = CreateObject("powerpoint.Application") Brocoli.Visible = True Set...

Finding a data in a chart
I am sure this is in the archives but I can't it for the life of me. I apologize for the redundancy in advance. I have a simple problem: I have a table of data Names are in Column A Different attributes are in Row 1 Usually I would use VLOOKUP to find what I am looking for. In this case the column location of specific attributes change every so often in the Table I import to excel. For example Height will be in Row F one day and G the next. I need a way to locate data using the name and attribute. I am sure there is a very simple function or combination of functions that archives thi...

Excel 2000 04-27-04
Purchased new computer but Excel 2000 on old computer...I have case but can't find CD...Any way I can get Excel on New Computer without purchasing another copy. Bought at "Best Buy" in June 2000. Thanks, Bill ...

How to have text frame duplicate itself on every page of booklet?
How can I insert a text frame on the first page or pages of a booklet and have it automatically duplicate itself exactly throughout the publication when I insert a long text file? I am using Microsoft Publisher 2000 SR - 1 Not sure what you mean. Page setup, booklet, when Publisher queries about 4 pages, click no. Do your text box, click the insert menu, insert page, tick "Duplicate all objects on page..." If the text file is too long for one page, you will have to copy, paste and link your boxes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...