Embed Chart

Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet
like an embedded chart (or something)?
Thanx.
0
elidaoh (6)

Brian -

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If you copy a chart from one workbook
(or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to
the original source of its data.  You can change its source data (to its
new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

briank wrote:
> Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet
> like an embedded chart (or something)?
> Thanx.

How to let Embed Excel WorkSheet support Excel Addins?
Hi Gurus I wrote an application which has an embed excel table. I tried to allow user using "Solver" and "Data Analysis" addins when they working on this table. But when I click on "Solver", it will report an runtime error and "Data Analysis" just do nothing(No dialog popup). I tested this two addins on Microsoft Word (by insert a Excel Table in word document), same problem happened. Is this mean embed excel worksheet can not using Addins? Is there any solution on this? Robin Thanks "Robin Wei" <robin@softwaresecure.com> д���ʼ� ...

Pie chart with stacked bar
I can't figure out how to do a pie chart with stacked bar. The pie chart should be the following: Other Sectors 85.10% Health Services & Supplies 14.9% Then I want the stacked bar to break down the Health services as follows: Other 27% Nursing Home Care 7% Prescription Drugs 11% Physician Services 23% Hospital Care 33% I can't get the stacked bar part to work correctly! Thanks! Paige Franklin Hi, You will need to recalculate the values in order to plot in a bar of pie chart. Place you data in range A1:B6 like this, notice I have dropped the Health Services & Supplie...

Series showing incorrectly on scatter chart
I am plotting scatter charts in Excel 2003. I have a diagonal line on each chart (to show the line x=y), which I put there by adding a "dummy" series - (0,0), (1,1), (2,2) etc. to give a straight line. However, on some of my charts this shows up as not one but two straight lines - one showing the correct x=y line and another one which also goes through zero but has a different slope. I can't work out why this happens or how to fix it. If I format the data series to show data markers, all of them lie on the correct line and none on the incorrect line. I have made sure I hav...

Formatting a bar chart
Hi, I would like to automatically apply some custom formatting to a standard bar chart. For example, I have a data set: Student Name Score Country of Study Alfie 70 US Bart 80 UK Charlie 60 France Denise 75 US My chart shows each student and their score (nice and easy) but I would like the colour of the bar to reflect the country in which the students are studying, so that, for example, all US ...

chart/worksheet/macro interaction
I am running a macro which simulates an engineering application. The macro essentially time steps, sending the data at each time step to a worksheet, and a chart is set up to display the data in graphical form. Problem - although the worksheet is updated at each time step, the chart only updates when the macro has finished executing - and I want to see the data being graphed as the simulation proceeds - is there anyway of getting the macro to pause while the chart is updated - some kind of handshake between EXCEL and the macro? (At the moment the only way I can do this is to put a STOP...

embed dialog into another dialog
how can be done? thanks what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog just like you would open it from another application. "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040728165812.00003ab8.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > how can be done? > > thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:50 -0400 "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog > just like you would open it from another application. I mean that I wand to define 2 dia...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

Charting Problems
I'm using Money Plus premium on an HP desktop running Win Media Center. Some graphs don't work GLD, EWZ,EWS,EWH - No historical data, 12/6/07 - 1/21/08, Intraday OK EWC,EWA - No historical data at all, Intraday OK Other charts are OK. Any ideas on what to do? -- Jim W ...

How can I chart "by week"
Hi All, I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points by week. my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a smart way to do this other than making a new table (week 1, week 2, etc) and lumping the data that way. Thanks as Always! Kurt "k. moran" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points > by week. > > my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a > smart way to do this other than making a new table (we...

EMBED
How do I copy my chart into a NEW workbook using the EMBED formula? Thanks, FLKulchar You don't, you copy it and paste it. The pasted chart will still be linked to the old data source, so if you want to plot different data in the copied chart, you need to do it a bit differently. Copy the chart and its source data, the whole worksheet, then paste the new data onto the copied worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "F. Lawrence Kulchar" <FLawrenceKulchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Chart labeller
Hello I have heard that there is a freebie add on that plots the points in a graph and uses a third column to label those points as you wish. Anybody know where I can find this? Cheers Edward Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm http://www.appspro.com/utilities/ChartLabeler.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Fredie wrote: > Hello > > I have heard that there is a freebie add on that plots the points in > a graph and uses a third column to label those points as you wish. > > Anybody know where I can find this? > > Cheers > &...

how to creation of flow charts?
please advise on process to create flowcharts in publisher... thank you "david gilbert" <david gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18A47D8F-99E1-48C6-8E9B-6FE2F5C552B6@microsoft.com... > please advise on process to create flowcharts in publisher... > > thank you If you don't have the Objects toolbar showing, right click on the toolbar and check it. Then click on Autoshapes and in the drop down list choose Flow Charts... Have fun. On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:45:04 -0800, "david gilbert" <david gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com...

Viewing MSN Historical Stock Charts
Any idea when they will have a working integration between MSN charts and Money? Constantly get an error trying to pull up stock charts from money's portfolio. Never have any problem when I'm viewing from MSN site. My bet is that there is something wrong with the money browser. Found out one additional item. Things work well if I don't use the bollinger bands (an option under price indicators). Any ideas why that would be? "Brian H" <brianh4321@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eB5ctNrtDHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Any idea when they will have a working...

Publish Chart not supported in Office 2007?
Dear, The following script can work in Excel 2003, but I get an error message "This function or attribute not supported in this version" in Excel 2007. ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, cFile, cSheetName, cChartID, xlHtmlChart, "Book1_87181", "") Is there any equivalent method available to publish chart object as htmlin Excel 2007. Thanks a lot. James Lin ...

Charting the total of my investment portfolio
I's like to be able to display a line or bar chart of the total value of my investment portfolio and show the changes on a month by month basis. I know I can create a chart of each investment's price and all investment's separate prices on one chart, but I'd like to see what my total portfolio is doing at a glance. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks, :: dave :: Customize a version of the net worth over time chart - you could create one ignoring all bank accounts, and just including investment accounts. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://suppo...

How do I make a chart with bar graphs on one axis, and a line on a secondary axis?
Hi all. I have some data that I need to plot (Excel v.X running on Mac OS Panther). I've currently got two charts: one is a bar graph with two groups, and each bar has two colors (one for each of the groups) - 100% stacked column. I have another graph which is a very simple line graph. Both graphs have the same X axis (with 7 data points), but different Y axes. How do I combine them into the same chart? I know how to make a secondary axis, and the example in Excel (a "custom" chart) has a bar graph plus a line graph on the secondary Y axis, but its bar graph is a simple bar graph...

Multi- charts
I want to diplay 5 rows of data on one chart. 3 of the rows I want stacked on the same bar (3 different status of one product-so want the total as combination) 2 other single bars. Paul Paul - Arrange your data like this with more appropriate labels than I've used (view in Courier): Position 1 Position 2 Position 3 Series 1 [value] Series 2 [value] Series 3 [value] Series 4 [value] Series 5 [value] Select the entire range (including "Position" row and "Series" column) and create a stack...

Chart worksheet names keep resetting
Hello, I have been working with 3.5 - 6.5 Mb excel 2007 files that contain one worksheet of data and up to 20 individual chart worksheets. I have each sheet named for reference, but every so often when I open a document, I find all of the chart worksheet names have been reset to Chart 1, Chart 2 etc. and there is nothing I can do but re-rename. This has happend multiple times. The one data worksheet always keeps its assigned name. Is there a reason/fix for this? I would like to stop this from happening. ...

Laptop & Desktop chart sizes different
Hi -- When at home my laptop is docked and I use a 17" screen. My default Excel charts are about 6 inches wide. When my laptop is not docked and I use the built-in 10" screen, the default charts are much smaller, maybe 3-4" wide. The smaller charts stay small when I re-dock and open the saved workbook. Anyone why this happens and how to eliminate the smaller default charts when using the undocked laptop? Thanks, --len PS - A simple rescaling via corner dragging, also increases the font size of the titles and axes labels. Len - When you create a chart, Excel draws it in ...

Embed GetOpenFileName
Hello, Is it possible to embed GetOpenFileName[dialog] and/or SHGetBrowseForFolder[dialog] into a window/dialog? If yes, could anyone please show some light in this matter! Thanks! _______________________________________________________________________ ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

range bar chart
Hi, can anyone help me with creating a range bar chart like the one shown in this website. http://www.ncsu.edu/labwrite/res/gh/gh-bargraph.html#rangebar Thanks Hi, Have a look at the Gantt chart links. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#G Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "conkerbuyore" <conkerbuyore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE6D805-9B7C-4BB9-AAE2-A4AD8749C0C3@microsoft.com... > Hi, can anyone help me with creating a range bar chart like the one shown > in > this website. &...

Sort chart which contains an array--I'm hung up!
I'm essentially a newcomer to Excel, so this question ought to be comically-simple for the veterans out there: I've got a very simple chart, 12 columns and 42 rows, the first column is dates, the remaining columns are all numeric. One of the numeric columns was generated by running an array formula, and the calculation went fine...My problem is, when I try to sort the table, using Column A [the Date column], I get an error message "You cannot change part of an array." I've tried saving the chart, retrieving it and retrying, have been through the books I've got and hav...

Embed Sounds
I want to embed a wav file and get it to play without loading Media Player or at least open it minimized. The background music plays without assist so I figured you might be able to play a sound via a hotspot. Probably did not give enough information. This question relates to a web site page. "Herb Mann" wrote: > I want to embed a wav file and get it to play without loading Media Player or > at least open it minimized. The background music plays without assist so I > figured you might be able to play a sound via a hotspot. ...

Line, xy charts
I have completed a spreadsheet that I am using to generate a line graph. I have successfully told excel the area of data in which to plot. However, when the chart shows up the lines that should be connecting each of the data points is broken and/or missing. In other words my lines are not connecting to all the data points within the series. Can you please help me fix this problem. -- D.White Sounds like missing data. Suppose you x-values are in A2:A11 and y-values in B2:B11 (text in B1) You clicked within this range and made a chart. Look at the x-values on the chart that have no y-...