Duplicate Axis Labels

I need to show the same axis labels on the left handside and the right hand
side of the xy chart.  I can add a secondary axis but them it messes up the
trendlines and the both axis labels.  Is there a way to have the same labels
on both sides of the chart without messing up the trendlines?

biscuitsmom:

You can get  left side axis labels by adding a custom axis, as discussed in
thus tutorial:

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_custom_axis.htm

To make your custom right axis, add a new data series with X values equal to
the maximum value you want on the X axis. The Y values are the label values
you want displayed. The tutorial shows how to adjust custom series to look
like a right side axis with labels.

Kelly O'Day
http://processtrends.com

"biscuitsmom" <biscuitsmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to show the same axis labels on the left handside and the right hand
> side of the xy chart.  I can add a secondary axis but them it messes up
> the
> trendlines and the both axis labels.  Is there a way to have the same
> labels
> on both sides of the chart without messing up the trendlines?

0
dkod (205)

increase or decrease the x-axis label
I have a chart where the x-axis has a data series that I want to increase or decrease depending on the data table. If there is data show the label if not do not show and do not leave a space for it either. How can I do this? Thanks for our help. I'm not sure if I truly understand your question. See if the following answers it (or part of it): Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6FE71D59-...

Duplicates

Receiving duplicate emails

Y-axis labels or values
Hello! I've searched through the posts, and couldn't find this question listed. I want to change the values of the Y-axis to reflect the definitions I've chosen instead of numbers. I'm using a simple column chart, I'm not 100% sure if it's the chart or the way I've set up my table that's the problem. Below is a simplified example of what I'm trying to do. I want the series data, or the columns/X-axis to reflect the items Spending, Expenses, Budget. I want to have the values of the Y-axis to list Low, Medium, High, and for the columns to go to the appro...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

adding a single label on excel chart
I have an excel chart with over 300 values. I only wish to add the label for the LAST value; unfortunately, when I attempt to add the label value, ALL label values are added. The values are so closely mapped together than I am unable to individually select this datapoint in order to add the label to the final datapoint. Is there another way to do this easily? Eric_G - Regarding "I am unable to individually select this datapoint," you could try (from a previous post): "To make a selection, an alternative is to use the arrow keys to cycle among the chart objects. With...

truncation of y axis labels or "value axis title"
Excel 2000 When I add a y axis label to a chart, the last character or two are truncated on the label. I can't increase the size of the title box with the corner power buttons, because they are locked, that is, they won't let me make the box bigger. If i reduce the font, the box just gets smaller and still truncates the last characters. Please help! Rick - And if you add a couple of spaces to the end, it doesn't help, right? There's no real answer for this problem, which seems to happen sporadically. One workaround, which everyone hates, is to type two spaces a...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Min, Max Value Labels in Line Chart
How do I label the minimum and maximum values of a series in a line chart? Thanks in advance from this Excel beginner. Here's one way: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Freddy" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:YbWdnUsnYJYJnPzZRVn-vQ@giganews.com... > How do I label the minimum and maximum values of a series in a line chart? > > Thanks in advance from this Excel beginner. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Secondary Axis #5
I need to plot a secondary axis on a chart. MS instructions for plotting secondary series listed below. The problem is there isn't a "Selected Data Series" on the Format menu. I am using XP, how do I get this? When the range of values for different data series in a 2-D chart varies widely, or when you have mixed types of data (such as price and volume), you can plot one or more data series on a secondary value (y) axis. The scale of the secondary axis reflects the values for the associated series. Click the data series you want to plot along a secondary value axis. O...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

Hash marks on graph with axis starting at nonzero number
I'm creating a chart which has a nonzero starting point for both axes and need to insert the appropriate hash-mark which indicates that the axis does not start at zero. I'm unable to find this option in excel. Any help or suggestions would truly be appreciated. Thanks! Do you mean this Clayton? http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Clayton" wrote: > I'm creating a chart which has a nonzero starting point for both axes and > need to insert the appropriate hash-mark which indicate...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...

XY-charts with non numerical x axis
Hi! I have two data series´, one i column A and one i column B. Column A consits of non numerical informatioon eg names of cities and column B consits of numerical information. Eg I have A: new York,new york,new york london, tokyo, tokyo and B:5,10,2,7,11,12. I want to create a chart where i have the names on the cities on the x axis and the vaules corresponding to each city on the y-axis. the values must be displayed as dots, not as bars. On the x axis I only want one place where it says New york etc. Is this possible? I have tried but did not manage. I always get three places on ...

receivde mail as duplicate all the time
Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? YH Lee <YH Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate > sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once > mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

searching a column for duplicate, then replacing the row.
i have a userform that pulls in information from a row on spreadsheet. i.e. workbook(1).sheets(1) column A contains a list of numbers. userform1.listbox1 has a list of all the numbers in column A when the listbox1 is clicked it fills in all the appropriate control with what is in the other columns on the same row. column A number i placed in textbox1 on userform. right now, after changes to the form and the user clicks th commandbutton to save. it creates a whole new row with the same numbe in column A, so i have duplicates. is there a way to replace the entire row instead? with a msgbo...

Dynamic data label placement for graphs
I've read the article KB179199 on how to create custom data labels for charts and it's good, however doesn't meet all my requirements. Is there a way to have the data labels automatically move to a desired location relative to the graph? For instance, I'm using 50 bar graphs per work book and would like each data label to be just above their respective bar. TIA Hafeez I looked up article 179199 and got this: BUG: Grid Based on .QPR File Appears Blank in Visual FoxPro 5.0 which probably isn't the one you meant. By above the bar, are they horizontal bars and you ...