Drawing a Quadratic Curve in Excel

hello.
how do u draw a quadratic curve in Excel?
thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Where do you want it (on a worksheet) and what do you want to do with i
afterwards?

regard

--
tony
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2107

The page
Normal curve
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/
illustrates 3 ways of drawing a curve.  The techniques are easily
adapted to a quadratic curve.

The direct link to the PLOT manager is
PLOT manager
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
  + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article <BC37DEEE-5B77-48C7-B83D-67074E7B4BBB@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?WGVybw==?= <jeff_at_chezjeff_dot_net> says...
> hello.
> how do u draw a quadratic curve in Excel?
> thanks.

0
Tushar
6/12/2006 11:13:53 AM
Good reference Tushar. My answer, instinctivly, would have been t
direct Xero to .Shapes.BuildFreeform and .AddNodes to build the curv
directly. Mine is probably not the answer he wanted.

Cheer

--
tony
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2107
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55091

Converting Excel 97files to Excel 95
I have Excel 95 but never need to use Excel, so I have no reason to upgrade. Occasionally I get an attachment in my email that is an Excel 97 file, but I can't open it with Excel 97. Is there a converter that goes backwards, from Excel 97 to Excel 95. Thanks, Jim Jim, There is no backwards converter. If you don't want to upgrade but do want to open and view later version files, try here........ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN John "jim hinds" <jjhinds@wt.net> wrote in message ...

Bell Curve Chart
I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930 "How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow instructions? A-1 11 A-2 16 A-3 23 B-1 60 B-2 32 B-3 18 C-1 9 C-2 4 C-3 2 Try using an XY chart with smoothed lines. As for creating a Bell Curve Chart - those are the simples...

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Excel VBA to Copy Paste Range X Times with the same spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that I'm trying to copy and paste the same data range 200+ times down the spreadsheet to the next blank cell, does anyone have any code to automate this. This is a routine process every month. Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Programmer's Reference [Wrox Press] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/68adb4f7-c86e-4c39-a897-012dfdc39b86/aspnet-programmers-refe.aspx More detail with before/after examples or If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an...

A Turing Machine in Excel
I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to see how to program a Turing Machine in Excel. I Googled: microsoft excel "turing machine" and got over 700 hits. If someone has an elegant example of a TM in Excel, I'd appreciate their saving me the trouble of looking at those 700+ pages. George My Googling came up with 7600+ 1st one seemed interesting "George W. Cherry" <GWCherryHatesGreenEggsAndSpam@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:wKuPc.78884$eM2.44872@attbi_s51... : I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to : see how t...

Excel Database #2
Im trying to create a database on my excel spreadsheet so i can then analyse this data using graphs etc..... Basically i have a form with 6 fields on it. What i want to do is to have people type in entries to this form and then click on a button to transfer all this data accross into another worksheet under the same field headings. Now i have the form all set up and ready and a button attached ready for a macro to be assigned to it. The problem i have is when i create a macro to transfer the entries across it works the first time but then every time i do it, it just overwrites the previous en...

Save DBF in Excel 2007
XLSX2DBF is an Excel 2007 add-in that helps convert and/or save a native DBF file that was edited with Excel 2007. Two common scenarios are supported: A) Open a native DBF file in Excel 2007 =96 Make changes =96 Save as a native DBF file with the changes. B) Open/create an Excel file that looks like a database (headers/ columns/rows) =96 Save as a native DBF file. http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/ Gyula ...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Check if Number in Excel
Hi, In MS Excel, I want to check if the value in the cell above a cell is numeric. For eg I want a formula in Cell D8 if value in Cell D7 is numeric. How do I do it. Thank You. Sincerely, Amey Gupte MS in Management Information Systems Mays Business School Texas A&M University. You need an IF statement in D8 to check if the cell in D7 contains a numeric value. Replace "Is a Number" with the formula you want there (no = sign), and replace "Not a number" with what you want to happen if not a number in D7. (Could be "" for blank, or 0, etc...) =IF(ISNUM...

VBA converter for Excel 2007
Hi, I have some old Excel macros templates that needs to work in Excel 2007. The error I am seeing seems to have a solution according to "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926430", the problem is I cannot locate VBA converter for Excel 2007, even online support chat exhausted their resources. Meng I exhausted my resources without any positive result. Would you mind to post this issue on this link? http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.excel Anybody found this VBA converter or have any insight in order to get old excel running in Office 2007? ...

excel and scientific charts
I would like to plot professional scattered charts in excel like in gnuplot. I want to plot almost 500-600 numeric datas but the graphic results are not very beautiful. I've tried to change axis and scale but is not very good. Is there the possibility to obtain better charts? a plug-in? vba? thankx. For possibilites see http://groups.google.com/groups? selm=MPG.17580d283c5b24e598a63e%40msnews.microsoft.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <W2HXb.316276$_P...

Excel intranet problem
Hi all. this is an excel/vba/web problem let me explain. I have an excel file with vba that allows users to generate a calenda style workload so we can see what they are currently working on. I now have all of this system working and the user can press a butto that saves on the the worksheets to a new file (I have done this). Thi file is saved on a server. I then have a small intranet that links to this file so anyone withi the company can see what a user is working on, the problem is this... ... If a user is "viewing" someones workload excel sheet and, at th same time, the perso...

edit CF in Excel 2007
General question - CF Excel 2007 - is there some way to view and/or edit what conditional formula had been used in a file? It looks like you can only make a new rule or clear rules. Try:- Home tab / Styles group / Conditional Formatting / Manage Rules . . . / Conditional Formatting Rules Manager should launch / then:- - in the Show formatting rules for: drop down select This Worksheet and all the rules for the Worksheet will be displayed OR (to edit) - in the Show formatting rules for: drop down select Current Selection (for example) then click on Edit Rule . . . I...

How do I export a csv file from Excel with fields enclosed in dou.
is this possible? I'd also like it to import from such a file and retain leading zeroes, but I can overcome this by formatting the relevant column with a custom format after import. But I need to save the file back to comma separated text with the fields enclosed by double quotes. I'm using Office 2000. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <5E7F9DA7-7D9D-4226-A377-219A98D27FDC@microsoft.com>, mk_webman <mk_webman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is this possible? > I'd also like it to import from such a file and r...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Open Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I open excel (or click on the Excel icon), a new worksheet opens. How can I change that to so that I open them only as needed? I do not want them to open automatically. That is standard behavior for an application of its nature as per OS X guidelines. Word, Pages, TextEdit, etc. all do the same thing. There is no setting you can turn off. I believe there is a way to use AppleScript for the purpose but you'd need a separate script for each program you use. The new blank workbook can be a...

How to plot semi log graph in Excel?
I want to plot a semi log plot in excel along with grid lines. Can anyone tell how to do? Double click the y-axis, then from the Scale tab select 'Logarithmic scale' To create custom "gridlines" see Flexible Log Scale http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <A1C5FF9E-A1C2-4254-B547-E0B60EFC34FD@microsoft.com>, Omkar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I want to plot a semi log plot i...

Excel is Deleting My Formulas??
I am having a problem in that Excel is deleting my formulas and just leaving the raw data when I place the curser in the formula and press enter. It is almost like I am doing a paste special for only the values but this is not what I am doing. The formulas are links to Honeywell's PHD data historian. Thanks in advance. If you rehighlight the cell you will see the formula at the top of your screen in the formula bar... "Carl Bowman" wrote: > I am having a problem in that Excel is deleting my formulas and just leaving > the raw data when I place the curser in the for...

How does Excel add 1 month to a date?
I'm trying to understand how Excel adds 1 month to a date, and how to correct for it with a formula. I saw a formula for this online, but now I can't find it. Hi! Try this: A1 = 6/28/2006 To add 1 month: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) Returns: 7/28/2006 The Date function is also smart. The year, month and days will automatically roll over dependent of each other. For example, suppose you want to add 1.5 years to a date. That's 18 months. You could do this: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) Or, you could do this: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+18,DAY(A1)) Biff <...

EXCELL 2002 Glitch????
Excell 2002 version is changing the last number of my credit card accounts to 0!! Can I be doing something wrong? I am using Excell 2002. I created a list of my credit cards to keep track of them, and I just have noticed that in a column that I named credit card numbers, the last digit is changed to "0" !!! I customized to accept 16 numbers (####-####-####-####) which follow the credit card format account numbering. when I enter the numbers say 1111222233334444 I expected to get 1111-2222-3333-4444; however to my surprise I am getting 1111-2222-3333-4440, and it does not matt...