Don't Plot Point but leave in Data Table

I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in
the data table.  How can I accomplish in MS 2007?

EXCEL 2007

Try the following (I have a bar chart on the screen in front of me as I do
this. It has 9 countries on the Y axis; I will remove 2 of those countries).

1. Click the graph to highlight it.

2. Select Data.

Select Data Source window launches.

3. Hit the:-

Switch Row / Column button

4. I now have my countries in a list on the left hand side.

 - click on France and hit Remove

 - click on Germany and hit Remove

5. Hit the:-

Switch Row / Column

 - button once more.

OK.

6. France and Germany now no longer appear on the chart.

Thanks.

"mebp" wrote:

> I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in
> the data table.  How can I accomplish in MS 2007?

Could you format the points to make them invisible (no lines or markers,
no borders or fills)?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/17/2010 11:15 AM, mebp wrote:
> I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in
> the data table.  How can I accomplish in MS 2007?

0
Jon

How to Use Pivot Tables in Excel
Although many people know how to use excel, not many people know how to use pivot tables. Pivot table is one of the most powerful tools when doing an analysis in Excel. Pivot Tables allow you to manipulate the data the way you want to see the results. WHAT IS A PIVOT TABLE? Pivot Tables allow users summarize large data, sort, count, filter items, switch rows and columns, drag and drop fields of the data which is stored in another source � another one table or spreadsheet anything you want. You can arrange the results based on the way you want to display. When you analyze large amounts of da...

External data retrieve timescale
Is there any way to lower the Refresh External Data time to below 1minute? Thank you. Richard Hi Richard, using application.ontime you can schedule a procedure that will refresh your data more often than once per minute. Regards, Ivan ...

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

Invisible Data
Hi, After data is placed in form, it doesn't show up after the form is opened again. If i change the properties to NO data entry, the data will pop up again, but after closing and opening the form again, it disappears again. The data is in the tables/reports but won't stick in the form. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 Are you saying that your form has the DataEntry property set to True? The sole purpose of that property is to determine whether existing records are displayed. If it's True, the form show...

Importing Data #2
I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Thanks Max In microsoft.public.money, Max Scott wrote: >I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I >have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, >amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Money can File->Import QIF and OFX files. QIF is simpler. QIF does include payee, category, date, and...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to Use Retail Sales Statistics Table?
E:\My Documents\*.htm when I copy the table to Excel 2003, it works, Year 2003 Retail Sales Statistics 2003 2002 Company Name Industry Sales Amount Retail Number: Number: Thousand Dollars LastYeaarSamePeriodRate±% Thousand Dollars LastYeaarSamePeriodRate±% 1 1 HundredUnite Department Store/SuperMarket/Convenient Store 67627140 22.46 67627140 22.46 2 3 National Beauty HomeApplianceSpecialShop 23878860 34.25 23878860 34.25 3 2 DL D Commerce Department Store/SuperMarket/Convenient Store 23084920 26.96 15035460 12.46 How can I use this table? ...

import or query another db to get weekly data for a report
I realize I might not need an import because I don't want to write over the imported data each week. Do I use a SQL update or append query to get data from an Access db on our network? I don't see the tables in my query design tool so I'm wondering how I do the query if I can't see the tables for the other database. thanks, ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

External Data Source and Adjacent Column / Data
I have a worksheet that gets it's data from an external data source. On that same worksheet, the 2 columns immediately to the right of that dataset are for "Notes" and a date. My goal is that someone can put notes in that column and it "binds" itself to that line of data, such that if the data moves to a different row in the excel worksheet (because of other data changes or whatever), that note stays with it. And if that line of data is removed from the dataset, a refresh would also remove the note. Instead, data in "Note" is binding to the row number...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

Read data from cells in different worksheets
Hi! I have a problem with my VBA code when I try to read values from cells in two different worksheets. When I run the macro the program tells me that I=B4m out of bound. But everything works when I save the data in the same worksheet. How shold I write the code so that this simple thing could work? The data should be read when the user makes a buttonlick and then it will be used later on. The code is simple like this: Public Sub Button1_Click() A =3D Worksheets("Page1").Range("N8").Value B =3D Worksheets("Page2").Range("I8").Value I want to save the ...

Copied data not treated same way as typed in data
Hi there. I am new to this newsgroup - but I wonder if someone might be able to help. I have an Excel spreadsheet (MS Excel'97 .xls Workbook) which contains a whole load of data. I am trying to use the FREQUENCY command [e.g. =FREQUENCY($N$7:$N$2000,C60:C61)] to summarise certain columns of data - to tell me the number of times that certain codes appear. I have used the FREQUENCY command before in another spreadsheet without any problem. In my current spreadsheet I have setup the FREQUENCY commands in exactly the same way, but all the output fields appear as zero. Interestingly thoug...

How do u make a curve of best fit [no connected points]in excel?
Have a look at LINEST For use with polynomial see http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "vbvbv" <vbvbv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E27EFB4-DE77-4FE3-9AE7-8F28F0024E0A@microsoft.com... > ...

importing old outlook data??
Hello :) I recently had to reinstall everything, but I kept all my ol programs and settings in tact on (what is now) my slave drive. I have reinstalled Outlook 2000, but I would like to import everythin from my old copy (contacts, all my folders of saved messages, etc.) How would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should re-use your .PST file to get all your data back. Look here for all the information you nee...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

Filling Out Cells Based on Data Validation
I have created a drop down list using data validation. What I need to do now is have cells filled out based on the value selected. In this case, the list has three values (Cell A1), and I need to have a range of cells (C7 to C54) populate data based on the specific value in A1. The other data is on a sheet named "Data Entry." Is this enough information or would I need to provide more? VLOOKUP or INDEX and MATCH Where are the data to pull over located on Data Entry sheet? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:33:01 -0700, Ericc = <Ericc@discussi...

User defined table function in XL2003
Hello all, I used to employ this feature many times earlier. My problem is: I would like to use a user defined function in Excel 2003. After having define a function, say Nrm(), in a module belonging to a table or to general, how can I make it available in my table? It does not appear in the list after INSERT > USER DEF. FUNCTION. Any help is greatly appreciated. Wolfgang The function should be in a General Module, not a sheet module or workbook module. So, in the VB Editor: Insert>Module. Type or paste your code there -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel &qu...

importing handwritten data into excel
I have handwritten sheets listing part numbers and quantities which I want to get into Excel as data. I have a scanner and I can scan the sheets and save them in a variety of formats (tiff, bmp, etc.). The key is that I don't want this information in Excel as an image. I need it to be in cellular data format so that I can compare this data against an inventory listing using the vlookup function to pull descriptions and pricing. Thanks for any help you can provide. You need an OCR programme that will recognise your handwriting - I doubt that that exists. Certainly nothing could rea...

Different data shown based on user input
Bit of a strange one for you. I have a form which has a number of different tick boxes (unlinked to a recordset). Each tick box represents a field within a number of different tables. What I want to do is to have a user tick a number of fields and click a button which will export only the fields they have ticked/selected into an excel spreadsheet. Does that make sense? Let me know if you want me to explain it any better. Cheers for the help. Maver1ck666 Hi, are you using code to do this and not a macro? The basic process is to build the query using the fields that have been ticked o...

Draw line between two points using data on the spreedsheet
From the menu, Insert|Chart If you need more information, reply back with more information in the body of the post. A post without a body cannot be replied to in some venues. Jerry Woody Canuck wrote: ...

Set break point problem in PB 6 + VS2005
Hi all. I'm using Windows XP SP3 + updates, .Net Framework 3.5. VS2005 + Platform builder 6 R3. I create OS image for HP thin client with Kitl and kernel debugger. Create native application(C++) as independent project and build debug version (with .pdb file generation) Specify pbd search path in the visual studio. Lunch application on the thin client. Now I can see in "modules and threads" my application and correct pbd path (symbols are loaded correctly), but i can't set break point's (I see empty circle with warning icon). But debugger can handle DebugBreak()...

Charts different data source
Hi, My problem. I have a workbook with more than 50 worksheets. All the worksheet have the same structure and each I would like to embed 3 different chart, one for income, other for cost and another for Ebitda. I would like to make a template for each chart and copy for the others worksheet. Questions: 1 - How can I make this dynamic as I would like to choose hom many months I would like to show in each chart? 2 - How I keep the reference for the data source in each worksheet? I tried to use the functions offset, 3d range and others functions but I could=B4t make them work. Can somebody ...

Graph not plotting what it should be plotting
I am having difficulty with Excel and was hoping someone could be of assistance. I am plotting a series of graphs with time on the x-axis and water level on the y-axis. The first set of graphs looks good. If you put the pointer over one of the points on the x-y scatter plot graph you see: "EW-5 Pump Test" Point "4321.00" (4321.00, 2445.04) 4321.00 is time in minutes and 2445.04 is the water level in feet. However, my next series of graphs for the same well (plots the same type of data for another event) looks like: "EW-5 Recovery Test" Point "43...