distribution curve (skewness)

Hi all,

How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) which skew to th
left or right?Thank

--
hendr
hendra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3551

The normal distribution is not skewed.

The gamma distribution is skewed, and Excel will calculate its probability
density function.

Jerry

"hendra" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) which skew to the
> left or right?Thanks
0
post_a_reply (1395)
7/21/2006 2:15:01 AM
Thanks..How do I draw the gamma distribution??Is it the same as the
normal distribution?

--
hendra
hendra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35516

In article <hendra.2baa2c_1153465503.916@excelforum-nospam.com>,
hendra.2baa2c_1153465503.916@excelforum-nospam.com says...

> Thanks..How do I draw the gamma distribution??Is it the same as the
> normal distribution?
>

> --
> hendra
> hendra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35516
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=563539

Checked XL help for 'gamma distribution' (w/o the quotes)?

Check Jerry's reply for whether the gamma distribution is the same as the
normal distribution.  One *cannot* be skewed, the other can be.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Importing a distribution list into another distribution list
I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an existing distribution list into another existing distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering individual emails into an existing distribution list. I'd like to be able to import the entire list. Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an > existing distribution list into another existing > distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering > individual emails into an existing distribution list. > I'd like to be able to import the ...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Excluding a distribution group in a query based distribution group
Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this. Here's my scenario: I want to create a query based distribution list that sends an email to the entire organization except members of a certain distribution group and to a special users group (conference rooms and the like). The way it's setup now, the excluded users are in a security group - I'm thinking they need to be in a distribution group for this to work - but does that group need an email address for it to work? Then when creating the custom filter, what fiel...

restricting distribution group Help
Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from replying to an e-mail they recieved from being a member of a distribution group. I restricted access who can send to a group but then once sombody recieves the email they are able to reply to the whole group and we want to restrict that feature. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:11:01 -0700, Matt S <MattS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in >Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from...

convert outlook 2003 distribution list to Exchange AD shared contact/list
I am still a newbie looking for a better way than using outlook distribution list. - allowing customizing the To address as Dear <FirstName> instead of the address would be a better way - reducing chance of being rated as spammer is also better ( in outlook, mail merge is good but tedious) what is the approach in exchange? to mass mailing to subscribers news? saving existing existing outlook distribution list to text and importing to exchange contact has the dis- advantge of scrambling the File As "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote: >I am still a newbie looking ...

Delegate can't see the user's contact list to create distribution
I have setup a user to be the delegate for her manager's contact list and she wants to add a distribution list to her manager's contacts but when she tries to add members to the distribution list she only sees her own contact list and the Global Address List. Our setup is Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. ...

Distribution list with CC
Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC addresses? Where an address or DL is placed is not a property of the address or DL. User does that at the time of composition. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns980C819F074DApencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.60... > Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC > addresses? > ...

Distribution Group Only From:
I have a distribution group that contains all of the users for our entire organization and I don't want it accessible from everyone, so I deselected everyone. However we do need the distribution list to receive emails from one specific SMTP address which is external to our organization. I have tried creating a contact with the email address that should have the ability to send to this distribution group and entered it in the Only From:, however they are still receiving a bounce back that they don't have permission to send to that distribution group. Anybody have a solution? ...

normal distribution chart
I have John vs. Bob exceeding in school. I am trying to do a bell curve where John beat Bob at turning in homework at 77% within the month or 35 out of 46. And another time at 30% or 14/46, etc. How do I graph starting with this. Can someone help. Thanks. In article <2CA160B9-F633-48E6-9189-E5A232843D13@microsoft.com>, Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have John vs. Bob exceeding in school. I am trying to do a bell curve > where John beat Bob at turning in homework at 77% within the month or 35 out > of 46. And another time at 30% or 14/46, etc. How do...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-18-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other membe...

Payable Distribution
Hello, When posting a payable transaction and payment at same time, (Transactions>>Purchasing>>Transaction Entry). What will trigger the distribution for the transaction not saved? We noticed that sometimes after posting payable invoice with payment and go to inquiry, the distribution for both invoice and payment are blank. Sometimes when the payable invoice and payment were posted from the same window, and distribution is available at payable distribution zoom. Thanks When a Cash/Check/Credit Card amount is entered in this screen for the full amount of the invoice, GP ...

Query based distribution list problem
Running exchange 2003. Our query based lists work fine except the sender gets an error message for accounts that have expired. Is there a way to get around this? TIA...Bob Did you mean accounts that are disabled? Accounts with expired passwords shouldn't have an issue receiving mail, afaik. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Fuzzy Logic" <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in message news:Xns974A7C1C06982bobarcabca@207.46.248.16... > Running exchange 2003. Our query based lists work fine ...

Distribution List Problem
We are in the process of migrating users from NT4/Exch 5.5 to Windows 2003/Exch2003. We have the AD connector in place. However, one or two of the distribution lists are having issues. Essentially, the distribution lists on the Exch03 side are fine. However, occassionaly the 5.5 distro list contents will vanish. Meaning, the list is still on the GAL, but no members. What would/could cause this? If it is only one or two of them why not just recreate them. Seems alot easier than trying to troubleshoot and probably less time. "tmelvin" <tmelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

tax amount should be populated to the Sales Distribution Entry win
Changes made to the tax amount in the Sales Tax Summary Entry window should roll up and populate to automatically update the Sales Distribution Entry window. This is when there is a Trade Discount and when changes has been made to the line items in a sales invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Adding a Distribution List to a Distribution List
I am owner of global DL 'myList'. There are other global DLs on the server 'otherListA', 'otherListB', etc. I want to add these lists to 'myList', but I get a pop-up error stating: "Changes to the distribution list membership could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have been given to believe that I need to be owner of 'otherListA' to be able to add it as a member of 'myList'. This seems counter-intuitive to me. Further, I did find some global DLs that I was able to add to ...

distribution list #5
We created a distribution list. Internal active directory users are able to send to the list. Internet e-mail senders are not able to send to the list. The mail is not bouncing back to the Internet e-mail users. The messages are just not getting to the inbox of the members of the distribution list. For example our domain is abc.net. The list we created is questions@abc.net. We have four users in the list. When a user logged into our Active Directory sends a mail to questions@abc.net the mail is successfully sent to the inboxes of all of the users in the list. When the e-mail ...

Distribution
How do I calculate a distribution of values over a set period of time based on another set period of time? I have a list of 100 records with periods 1-100 and percentages 0% - 100%. If I have another list with 125 periods, how do I distribute the percentages from the 100 period list to this list? Thanks, You might want to take a look at XL's solver add-in. You can setup criteria that need to be met, and then tell XL which cells it can change to try and meet your criteria. Then sit back and let the computer do the work! A 'quick' rundown of your formulas would b...

RM Distribution
Anyone know where in the GP database is the info for RM Distribution stored? Thanks. Jay: If you want to know what the distribution "should" be before you do a trx, its stored in RM00101 in the following field list: RMCSHACC RMARACC RMSLSACC RMIVACC RMCOSACC RMTAKACC RMAVACC RMFCGACC RMWRACC RMSORACC Check Tools - Resource Descriptions in GP for natural english versions of those field names. If account info isn't found here, GP looks at the company posting settings found in SY01100 (or, via interface, Tools - Setup - Posting - Posting Accounts. In this table, look fo...

Distribution List #21
I would like to setup a distribution list with about 200-400 external email addresses, to be used as a discussion forum, this DL must have an email address so all members (external users) could just send 1 email to list address (ie: list@mycompany.com) and all members would receive that email. I do not want to create 200-400 external users in active Directory, does anyone know of a way to achieve this. I am running Exchange 2003. I have created a DL in public folders to enable sending out to numerous external members, but there is no where to enter an email address for this DL to enab...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...