display value axis on both sides

I'm trying to display the y axis on both the left and right side of the
chart; is this possible, and if so, how to i go about it?  thanks.
0
PaulT (8)

This requires having a primary and secondary axis. The minimum requirement
here is to have two series. The best way to manage this is to add a range to
the worksheet using, say, the first two X values for X, and the minimum and
maximum values in all of your Y data for Y. Add this range to your chart as
a new series. If your main chart is a column chart, change this series only
to a line chart type (Chart menu > Chart Type); otherwise use the same type
as exists in the chart. Double click on this new series, and first, on the
axis tab, choose Secondary. Then on the Patterns tab, hide the series by
choosing None for line and marker.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"pault" <pault@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to display the y axis on both the left and right side of the
> chart; is this possible, and if so, how to i go about it?  thanks.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Vlookups using 2 Values
Hi I am trying to use 2 separate cells of data to get a value in a vlookup. =VLOOKUP($D119119+$J119119,Lookup!$J$2:$L20,3,FALSE) - formula I am using Is the plus sign correct? When I use the + sign it is adding up and giving me a number when d119119 is a date and j11919 is a number Date Shift Letter 2/8 1 C 2/8 2 D 2/9 1 C 2/9 2 D 2/10 1 A 2/10 2 B 2/11 1 A 2/11 2 B Using info from the date column and shift column to get the info from the letter column. 1 and 2 are shifts for the day. Thank You I hope someone knows how to No. The symbol to use when you're conc...

Setting Chart X and Y values indirectly
I would like to set X-Values in my chart in a cell of a worksheet, so that when the range of my x-values changes I will not have to go into the wizard and type it again. For example, I want to use the following X-values in my chart: =DATA!$I$2:$I$20 But instead of typing the above in the X Values: field in the 'Source Data / Series' wizard, I would like to type it, say, in cell $A$1 of 'Sheet1', and then type in the X Values field in the 'Source Data / Series' wizard the following: =Sheet1!$A$1 I tried it and it does not work. Can you please let me know if th...

Get value from first visible row after AutoFilter applied?
I'm using the following VBA code (which I stole from this board, natch) to dynamically create print headers and footers: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wsSheet As Worksheet For Each wsSheet In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets With wsSheet If .Name = "PriceSheets" Then _ .PageSetup.CenterHeader = "&""Arial,Bold""Prices" .PageSetup.LeftHeader = Chr(10) & _ "&""Arial,Bold""Customer: "...

Formaulas not displaying
I am using Microsoft excell 2007 and my old sheets are not showing the formula in the formula bar unless i click in the bar. If i do it goes into its "editing mode" where i can click on a new cell reference. They are not locked or protected. Any idea why there not showing unless i click in the bar? Thanks, CSUS_CE_Student The 2007 formula bar has the annoying scroll feature. Sometimes the formula is there, just not visible unles you scroll to it. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "CSUS_CE_Student" wrote: > I am using Microsoft excel...

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

Extact value from one combo to other
Dear Sir, My first combo contains 2 comulms 1st column custoemr ID 2nd column customer name & address My second combo contains again 3 colums 1 st column machine ID 2nd column customer name & address 3rd column machine serial number At present I am application for amc maitenance software. A customer may have more that machines, so machine table and customer table are differenet. Further a AMC collection from a single customer may pertaining to verious machines related to same customer which are located in its various branches. So After collection I want to alloca...

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

Mix Dynamic Values (Slugs) & Text in Custom Workflow Activity Prop
I have created a custom workflow activity with some input properties. One of the properties is called "File Name Format" and will be used to set the filename of a document that gets created within the activity. I want to set this property value on the workflow to be "Invoice - {Invoice ID(Invoice)}.pdf" where the invoice id part is a dynamic value inserted with the form assistant on the right side of the screen. However, when I save&close the form and go back in to it, the text is erased and only the dynamic entity is in the field. Is it possible to concatenat...

RE: Font size displaying too large for cells in locked spreadsheet
This spreadsheet resides on a common drive, but one user is unable to to view some cell contents. The best that I can tell is that the font size is too big. Changing screen resolution has no effect, neither does zooming in and out. Other company users do not have this problem. Does anyone have an idea what I might try? ...

Macro to copy value in empty cells
I have a macro that insert a line every time the value in C changes. Now I want to add that it must put in the new row in A the text that is in C in the row just under this row. So This would be like a heading. Hope I am not too fuzzy. Esrei, Post your old code. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Esrei" <Esrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF4BC70C-4635-417C-BD48-88CB07F0CAB6@microsoft.com... > I have a macro that insert a line every time the value in C changes. Now I > want to add that it must put in the new row in A the text that is in C in > the r...

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

Formatting a category axis
is there a way to select a single item in the category axis and bold it You could make a text box with a bold label and position over the category item. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55A44D03-38BE-4EBB-83D2-219F8FDA3132@microsoft.com... > is there a way to select a single item in the category axis and bold it Can you rotate a text box? "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > You could make a text box with a bold label and position over the category > ite...

Pie chart not displaying % in spreadsheet
The percents on the pie chart are not the percents appearing on the spreadsheet. I have typed a list of percents and link to them from the pie chart but the %s on the pie chart differ from the spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet set up for various expenses. The last column is a total column & the last row is a total. I usually use the total column for my pie chart. The problem is that sometimes one of the expenses is a negative. I can't use that it my chart. I don't know how to get around this problem. I've tried hiding the row, but the %s on the chart are different than...

Displaying Shape Data #2
Hello, I am manually creating a network map, I wish to display shape data to the left of the shape. For example I wish to display IP Address, However when IP address is Dispayed, it is displayed on two lines and think looks very untidy. I would much prefer to have this infomation on one line Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this on one line Hello Ben, Have you tried the Text Block tool (Ctrl+Shift+4), which allows you to resize the text area of a shape? Also some shape, such as the Server shape in the Network and Peripherals stencil have a yellow control handle (a smal...

Working with Null Values
I am using a query to pull up all my account service records via a form and subform - Main form is from account table, subform is the query of service records relating to that account. Sometimes there too many service records to view easily, I have then created a text/list box on the main form which I can enter some data in to cut down the return entries on the subform from the query. for instance Like [Forms]![Equipsearch]![Combo2] - combo 2 contains data like "Ford" so I only see the Ford entries. But by entering this code my it is forcing me to enter data into combo 2 t...

Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 and it is connected to our company's Lotus Notes (one of many other accounts I am connected to). I am able to read the mails headers sent to Lotus Notes but when I try to open the mail, it shows a blank screen. However on the preview panel, the contents can be read Can someone help? Thank you. What type of AV are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answe...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

display only certain names in a column or all rows that have that name
I have a data base with a lot of different cities and would like to print all of one only city at a time. Is there a way of doing this Hi Use Autofilter feature. -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets "Bev" <kirby@ezaccess.net> wrote in message news:217256FB-7AF0-4F03-A466-06C490572A88@microsoft.com... > I have a data base with a lot of different cities and would like to print all of one only city at a time. Is there a way of doing this If you have your City in a separate column, you can use Autofilter to filter the list to display ...

Cell Values in Headers & Footers
Is it possible to insert a cell value in a header or footer? Thanks, Micah Right_Click on a Tab, choose View Code, then double-click ThisWorkbook of your project.. Click on the Left-Box down-arrow select Workbook in the right_box down-arrow select Before Print Type in line 2 below: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Range("A1").Value 'LeftFooter for example with Cell A1 Value End Sub HTH "Micah J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821ADBF8-B2CA-4115-8164-EF1460FFB1BC@microsoft...

Inter-store Inventory List with Value of Transfer
Does anyone have a custom Inter-store Inventory Transfer Report with Value of the transfer they are willing to share with the group. Or if one exists feel free to shame me and point where to find it in HQ. Thanks, Jason. ...

How to use a set of values from one worksheet to another?
Hello Guys: OK, here we go again :(. Say I have a worksheet & want to export a group of values as I add the on a worksheet to another worksheet, how would I go about it? THANKS for any input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi just link the cell with a formula like ='sheet1'!A1 on your second sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello Guys: > > OK, here we go again :(. > > Say I have a worksheet & want to export a group of values as I add > them on a worksheet to another worksheet, how would I go about it? > > ...

formula using cell reference returns no value
Using DDE I'm trying to pull data from an application running on anothe machine. Everything works fine when I type the whole pat \\computer\application|topic!'item'. The item is on the sheet and every item is different and a lot of them. I did manage to get th formula to show up correctly in the cell where I want to display th value. I would like the value to show. Formula bar = "\\computer\application|topic!"'" & (a1) & "'" this is close but I did it at work today. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Difference of empty cell and zero value when formatting
I'd like to conditionally format a cell if the value zero is entered into it, however to leave the cell without formatting if the cell if empty. My attempts at doing so using something like formula is =q54=0 format the cell regardless of whether the cell has a zero or is empty! Appreciate any help...thanks! Try the formula =AND(q54<>"",q54=0) -- Jacob "Al" wrote: > I'd like to conditionally format a cell if the value zero is entered into it, > however to leave the cell without formatting if the cell if empty. My > attem...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #2
this could be a bit of a problem as the data comes from some very larg sheets which contain the data for several months worth of days including the next couple of months, so adding a helper column would b difficult. The graphs are all automated so they base themselves on th next day along without any intervention so manuallt creating thi helper column each day would also not be possible. Is there some other way to do it? thank -- neowo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Sum Left Side & Right Side Numbers
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm trying to sum all the numbers on the left of a '/' and the the numbers on the right of the same. Example: 22/55 0/7 1/125 216/0 I trying to find a way to make the sumproduct provide the result of... 239/187. So far for the right side I have... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MID(R2:R4,FIND("/",R2:R4,1)+1,3))) .... But I can't seem to get the Left side to work. Thanks In Advance. Rob Assuming *every cell* contains the slash ( / )... =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(R2:R5,FIND("/",R2:R5)-1)))&"/...